M2Gile's Morgan Cup Prep

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Right now sitting on my lunch break so I thought I should take the time to go over my Morgan Cup Prep and where I'm more or less starting from (it's a ramble).

Stats:

Age: 26 (27 on Thursday). Youth is still on my side, but I now have a 7 month old who is a bit more fun to hang out with and dedicate many sleepless nights.

Ht: 5'7" (standing real tall), hoping to get that next half inch to make ht/wt easier.

Wt: 175 lbs, goal is to get down to 165 lbs by the time of the Morgan Cup. I fluctuate weight a lot. In 2017 I lost 30 lbs in under 3 months and then slowly gained about 20ish of it back as I slowed down the amount that I worked out and
how much I cared about what I was eating. I also had a kid in the mean time. So far I have been averaging about 1.25 lbs a week since starting my diet after the new year so I'm on track weight wise. I still need to get myself out running more and lifting weights. I rely on my natural athleticism a bit too much.

Handicap: 11. I usually bounce between Par and Double Bogey (OB/LH or duffed chip) with usually 1 Birdie a round. My strength is usually length off the tee. I play on a course that is not overly difficult, but is usually playing between 6400-6700 yards. If my driving is on for the day, I usually will have a wedge or short iron in hand on each par 4 and a long iron in hand on par 5s. On longer par 5s I usually have the length to go for it in 2 with a fairway, but it often is not the best call for course managment. My weakness is proximity to the hole. I miss far too many greens and my short game cannot always bail me out. In 2017 I came back to golf after a 10 year layoff. I got myself down to about 7 handicap but then had to slow down the amount I played and ticked myself back up to around an 11 that I'm holding at now.

Swing: I'm definitely more of a hitter than a swinger. I am steep into the ball. I have a fairly negative AoA with Irons, and am about -1 to -2 degrees down with my Driver. Until my fitting at Club Champion, I have usually been handed a heavy xstiff iron shaft to try and smooth out my tempo. Speaking of which, I have none. My playing parters have derided me with my violent swing (I blame lacrosse). Swing Speed wise, I'm not currently lacking. During my CC fitting I was averaging around 97-99 mph with a 6 Iron and 116-118 with driver. Since I'm fairly steep into the ball I often battle spin, especially when added to my heel side, open face miss (not closing the face through impact). I have been working on reducing my forward slide (again, I blame lacrosse). When on with driver the stock shot is a small fade with the ability to turn over into a draw, when off it is blocks and slices.

Game Plan:

Fitting: I already went to Club Champion for a fitting. While I enjoyed the irons, and it made me rethink some of my assumptions, I still have to work on the Driver and FWs. The big take away that I took from CC is that I shouldn't manhandle my clubs and instead should swing my swing. With that, I'm going softer than what I've used in the past (and goes back to how I originally played as a teenager). My Irons are set, my wedges are pending some info between 2 of the grinds, but the Fairways and Driver is still a little up in the air. Once the new clubs come in, I'll be sure to do a gap test to get things bent appropiately (I have a gc2 for this).

Range Time: I usually get about one range session in a week right now. Main thing I'm working on is iron play and wedges. If I can increase my greens in regulation, I don't have to rely so much on my at times sketchy short game. The biggest thing I want to work on, and what helped me move towards the F9's is working on straight stock shots. I've been playing heavy players irons which didn't really help me play the style of golf I was actually playing (besides hitting some cuts and draws when in trouble 90% of my iron shots are just straight shots). I also have been taking some lessons. The 2 main faults in my swing were listed above, but they are tempo and hip slide. Both affect consistency which is ultimately what I'm seeking. For tempo, I need to drill into my head what a 3:1 tempo and letting the club set feels like and then my hip slide comes more into control.

Fitness: I already got on the walking bandwagon a year ago due to not wanting to pay for a cart, but it's kinda hard not to ride during the Georgia Summer heat. Most of my rounds I walk and often times only get out for 9 holes making walking more beneficial. However, for the buildup for the Morgan Cup I'm working on improving my golf fitness by playing 18 holes. While I'm not neccessarily tired, I do notice mental fatigue in later holes. In addition to playing 18 holes at time (unless its just not practicable), I am getting back into my running program and adding for the first time in years a day or two at the gym a week. This will help with the weight loss, but more importantly it will help with the mental fatigue I have experienced. I also have super speed golf; however, besides getting in some weighted swings to help loosen up and keep loose I am not planning on going through the program in the lead up to the Morgan Cup.

Course Managment: Probably the biggest change I had from when I first started playing was the idea of course management. Even though I won my junior club championship twice, the idea of course managment (or even a green in regulation) entered into the convesation with the golf pros teaching me when growing up. While I can't say it wasn't talked about, I honestly do not recall. That said, the biggest thing I know I need to work on is course management. Often times I find myself grabbing driver just to try and smash it without really thinking about if that is the best play or not. For a period of time I started trying to either hit 3 wood or 2 iron off the tee just to see what the difference would be. While it often times took some trouble away from off the tee, it still wasn't necessarily the right play. Learning about where to miss on the fairway to set up different approaches is what I'm currently working through. Since my course management skills are a little lacking, my plan is to play on different course leading up to the Morgan Cup. Just taking the time to look at an overview of the hole would do wonders for me on improving my game. Arrcos will definitely be a help with this with Arccos caddie, but i'll take an overview of a hole.

Lastly, the thing I definitely need to work on is how upload pictures to this forum. Practicing how to involve forum into my round is something I need to work on and half the reason it took me about an hour to announce I received the Golden Ticket. So expect to see a round or two from me before the Morgan Cup and a WITB before and after the equipment comes in.

If you don’t have it already you should look into getting the Tapatalk app, I had issues trying to load pictures using the desktop site, but on Tapatalk it’s incredibly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a solid plan, and good luck.
An early Happy Birthday.

Good look on your journey.

Happy early birthday too.

Go get it M2Giles! Excited to follow along.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Hoping to join you on a prep round or even a trip to the range and get some swing pics and vids. You have an incredible swing and awesome distance.

Glad you're looping us all in for your journey!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good luck and enjoy the journey!!

Hoping to join you on a prep round or even a trip to the range and get some swing pics and vids. You have an incredible swing and awesome distance.

Glad you're looping us all in for your journey!

I'm planning on playing this Saturday. Members meeting is finally happening where they will tell us the prices are going up on everything.

If you want to join, start time is 0800 for the round. Let me know if you can make it.

Good luck M2Giles you got this! And the tapatalk makes pics on this site simple it is worth getting.

Good luck M2Giles you got this! And the tapatalk makes pics on this site simple it is worth getting.
Just installed the app. Look to see a witb at some point with my current clubs sometime this week where I'll test it all out.

I'm planning on playing this Saturday. Members meeting is finally happening where they will tell us the prices are going up on everything.

If you want to join, start time is 0800 for the round. Let me know if you can make it.
Can't make it. Still getting my house in order. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be off the leash.

Update for today:

Went to Edwin Watts hoping to try the atmos black 7S. Unfortunately they didnt have one in the fitting cart and instead had the 6X, 7X and smoke 60 6.5

I got quite a few swings in. So I'll call it my practice for today. Hitting indoors in uniform with boots on is definitely not ideal. After it all I was back to enjoying the atmos ts black profile. I think in order to prevent fatigue I should go with the stiff flex. I believe they had the 6S which I plan on trying tomorrow and in some more golf appropriate clothing. Depending on how that goes will probably help finalize my thoughts.

Fairways on the other hand I'm pretty sure I got dialed down so I think I should be good on that front.

I managed to get tomorrow off from work so I'm planning on getting a round in. I'll also be doing a what's in the bag to go through the process of uploading photos. The app makes it seem a lot more straightforward.

So today I took the day off for my Birthday and got to get a rare midweek round in. I wanted to get out a little earlier than I did, but my son decided last night would not be spent sleeping so I spent quite a bit more time with my coffee.

Since my membership for my home course is weekends only I went and played at another course, Bartram Trail. Bartram is a shorter course with decently wide fairways, but little rough and lots of death around. Picture 1 gives you an idea of this with a picture of the first tee.

I got off to a somewhat shaky start and didnt have a green in regulation until the 4th hole (pic 2). The course while having somewhat wideish fairways really punishes misses. On most of the holes there is a safer side to miss based on slopes, but out of bounds and lateral hazards are constantly lurking. Also, due to the rain last night the drainage areas were pretty swampy. Casual water abound.

On the 7th hole I had my first good poke and when I tried the new generation of the Z Star. I ended up about 40ish yards short of the green in the drainage area (pic 3). The ball was softer than the 5th gen XV (obviously) but I really liked the performance. On my mid iron shot on the following hole, it hopped and stuck from 177 yards out with a 7 iron (pic 4).

Pic 5 shows the tee shot for the 9th hole. A very strange Par 5 with 2 forced carries. The first landing zone is from 180 yards to 280 yards off the tee and the second is from 290 yards to 360 yards. For some people driver would be the play, but it slopes from 240 out downhill into the hazard. I chose 2 hybrid, 6 iron layup and then sand wedge onto the green which while safe was still probably not the optimal strategy for the hole. I think 3 wood in the future will be the play, but if you dont draw it you will go through the fairway OB.

The 10th hole is the first hole that you can actually miss off the planet and still be in play which I promptly did. Picture 6 shows the situation I stupidly put myself in and I promptly just tried to get to the fairway and not have a complete blowup hole. I then kinda had a poor run until the 16th hole. I didnt take advantage of a very reachable par 5 and had so so approaches on par 3s.

On the 16th par 3 I hit my 6 iron about 195 pushing it right of the pin onto the fringe. I grabbed my GW and hit a perfect little low running chip shot and holed it for my first birdie of the day.

On the 17th par 4 I felt why not, I should go for the green. The pin was 296 yards from where the tee markers were. It was playing into the wind so I thought worse case scenario I end up in the bunker short of the green, best case scenario I'm putting for eagle. Well, I pushed the shot a little bit ending up a little bit past the pin on the hill right of the green. Managed to get up and down for birdie.

On the 18th par 5 I was thinking about how this was the best round I've played and how I just went birdie birdie. This par 5 is only 515ish yards that was playing downwind. Its fairly straight with an uphill to about 270 yards and flat portion to about 315 yards and then downhill to the green with water behind the green. I smashed my driver about 330 yards off the tee just catching the right side of the fairway leaving myself 182 yards to the hole. It was playing downhill, downwind to the green with water behind. I grabbed 6 iron to hit an easy spinny shot. I hit the green (pic 7) and 2 putted for my third birdie in a row.

I ended up shooting a 75 a personal best for me and on my birthday as well. I need to tighten up more of my game and I cant wait to put the new cobra clubs in play. Even though I putted okay, I wasn't really liking the feel of the higher loft and upright lie angle that the SAM said I should use. I didnt make a single putt over 10 feet, and lags weren't to my usual standard but I will say the greens were much tougher than my home course. I might go back to my usual putter for my weekend round.

After my round I went back to Edwin Watts to try the 6S atmos black. It definitely was softer than the 7X but not sure it was the weight or flex that I was finding different from my own. I also did the Titleist speed challenge because why not. We weren't able to beat my current gamer for total yards but the TS2/3 both had a nicer feel off the face than the G400 lst. It was similar and had about 1 mph faster average off the face, but shots kept ending a little shorter than mine. We put a bad fit shaft into so I could put my name in the drawing and I also luckily didnt swing when the shaft failed (splintered at the tip evenflow white 65g 6.5). That said, I think I had a bit of adrenaline during my CC fitting since ballspeeds came back down to 163-166 mph. Right now the debate shaft wise is between a tipped 7S and a 7X. I think the 7S might provide a little more launch which will help me with my negative AoA.

Also got some cobra shoes that were spikeless for some easier range sessions. The dial system is sweet.
afb9c5b3783143cd79d89daec27cf749.jpg
88ff36cd1f9c1f8f243c5fad10549844.jpg
7ad30963e2fcd35b5a7d223a1bb0d5e6.jpg
16d7843f53f474d6264abce3e5282d0e.jpg
6a436fb89fa79c62f8861e76218c1cd3.jpg
db5a7fc45c62892e30d42601037e78e9.jpg
bde0268c2406e4b4df04363d6228e5db.jpg
7c1f64d6f01eb3d7d375613bb6a5f96a.jpg

Nice shooting M2 and Happy Birthday, jealous you got out.

Nice thread. Jealous you can even play now, stuck in snow here. With three kids that are way past the point where they don't sleep through the night, I'm not jealous of the mandatory sleep deprivation, lol.

Curious on shafts though. I've never seen anyone that's swinging 116-118 CHS with driver that also fights spin demons debating on "S" and "X" flex shafts. That speed is solidly into TX territory. I see where you say you hope a softer tip will help with launch angle, but I've found the softer I go, the more spin I get. It's not even close to enough launch gained compared to spin gained to make it worth it, IMO. You'll be better off launching it lower with less spin than higher with markedly more spin. I can see as much as 800-1000 RPM's difference in an "S" flex and a "Tx" flex of the same design. I'd much rather hit a wind fighting bullet that runs forever at 9* and 2200 RPM's than to hit it 13* at 3200 RPM's. Unless I have wind helping that is!

Everyone's swing and results are different though. I look forward to watching your journey to and through the Morgan Cup!

Amazing round and happy birthday!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I currently play a 70tx shaft. Tensei Pro white, tipped it too. The Atmos TS Black 7X just has a feel I'm not particularly fond of. It gives me the right numbers but I dont like swinging it compared to my current shaft. Weight is similar, but it doesn't have the same smooth feeling that I like. Also, Kuchar may not be the fastest swinger on tour but plays a 6S and a couple guys are playing the 7S.

I'm still bouncing in my head back and forth between a tipped 7S and an untipped 7X. I can load and unload the 7X but it feels off.

The only other curveball is the aldila green 2kxv, but I didnt like the size of the butt OD for the blue last year. The smoke was ruled out for spin reasons and the lack of head feel. Hzrdus Black I only have experience with the hybrid version.

Ultimately, I'm chasing unicorn numbers and a certain feel so I can help team paradise can win the Morgan Cup.

So today I took the day off for my Birthday and got to get a rare midweek round in. I wanted to get out a little earlier than I did, but my son decided last night would not be spent sleeping so I spent quite a bit more time with my coffee.

Since my membership for my home course is weekends only I went and played at another course, Bartram Trail. Bartram is a shorter course with decently wide fairways, but little rough and lots of death around. Picture 1 gives you an idea of this with a picture of the first tee.

I got off to a somewhat shaky start and didnt have a green in regulation until the 4th hole (pic 2). The course while having somewhat wideish fairways really punishes misses. On most of the holes there is a safer side to miss based on slopes, but out of bounds and lateral hazards are constantly lurking. Also, due to the rain last night the drainage areas were pretty swampy. Casual water abound.

On the 7th hole I had my first good poke and when I tried the new generation of the Z Star. I ended up about 40ish yards short of the green in the drainage area (pic 3). The ball was softer than the 5th gen XV (obviously) but I really liked the performance. On my mid iron shot on the following hole, it hopped and stuck from 177 yards out with a 7 iron (pic 4).

Pic 5 shows the tee shot for the 9th hole. A very strange Par 5 with 2 forced carries. The first landing zone is from 180 yards to 280 yards off the tee and the second is from 290 yards to 360 yards. For some people driver would be the play, but it slopes from 240 out downhill into the hazard. I chose 2 hybrid, 6 iron layup and then sand wedge onto the green which while safe was still probably not the optimal strategy for the hole. I think 3 wood in the future will be the play, but if you dont draw it you will go through the fairway OB.

The 10th hole is the first hole that you can actually miss off the planet and still be in play which I promptly did. Picture 6 shows the situation I stupidly put myself in and I promptly just tried to get to the fairway and not have a complete blowup hole. I then kinda had a poor run until the 16th hole. I didnt take advantage of a very reachable par 5 and had so so approaches on par 3s.

On the 16th par 3 I hit my 6 iron about 195 pushing it right of the pin onto the fringe. I grabbed my GW and hit a perfect little low running chip shot and holed it for my first birdie of the day.

On the 17th par 4 I felt why not, I should go for the green. The pin was 296 yards from where the tee markers were. It was playing into the wind so I thought worse case scenario I end up in the bunker short of the green, best case scenario I'm putting for eagle. Well, I pushed the shot a little bit ending up a little bit past the pin on the hill right of the green. Managed to get up and down for birdie.

On the 18th par 5 I was thinking about how this was the best round I've played and how I just went birdie birdie. This par 5 is only 515ish yards that was playing downwind. Its fairly straight with an uphill to about 270 yards and flat portion to about 315 yards and then downhill to the green with water behind the green. I smashed my driver about 330 yards off the tee just catching the right side of the fairway leaving myself 182 yards to the hole. It was playing downhill, downwind to the green with water behind. I grabbed 6 iron to hit an easy spinny shot. I hit the green (pic 7) and 2 putted for my third birdie in a row.

I ended up shooting a 75 a personal best for me and on my birthday as well. I need to tighten up more of my game and I cant wait to put the new cobra clubs in play. Even though I putted okay, I wasn't really liking the feel of the higher loft and upright lie angle that the SAM said I should use. I didnt make a single putt over 10 feet, and lags weren't to my usual standard but I will say the greens were much tougher than my home course. I might go back to my usual putter for my weekend round.

After my round I went back to Edwin Watts to try the 6S atmos black. It definitely was softer than the 7X but not sure it was the weight or flex that I was finding different from my own. I also did the Titleist speed challenge because why not. We weren't able to beat my current gamer for total yards but the TS2/3 both had a nicer feel off the face than the G400 lst. It was similar and had about 1 mph faster average off the face, but shots kept ending a little shorter than mine. We put a bad fit shaft into so I could put my name in the drawing and I also luckily didnt swing when the shaft failed (splintered at the tip evenflow white 65g 6.5). That said, I think I had a bit of adrenaline during my CC fitting since ballspeeds came back down to 163-166 mph. Right now the debate shaft wise is between a tipped 7S and a 7X. I think the 7S might provide a little more launch which will help me with my negative AoA.

Also got some cobra shoes that were spikeless for some easier range sessions. The dial system is sweet.
afb9c5b3783143cd79d89daec27cf749.jpg
88ff36cd1f9c1f8f243c5fad10549844.jpg
7ad30963e2fcd35b5a7d223a1bb0d5e6.jpg
16d7843f53f474d6264abce3e5282d0e.jpg
6a436fb89fa79c62f8861e76218c1cd3.jpg
db5a7fc45c62892e30d42601037e78e9.jpg
bde0268c2406e4b4df04363d6228e5db.jpg
7c1f64d6f01eb3d7d375613bb6a5f96a.jpg

Nice write up and nice round. I wish I could have played on my recent birthday, but we have been getting pounded with snow.

Just an fyi, the Atmos Black 6 is not listed as one of the shafts available for the Morgan Cup.

Nice write up and nice round. I wish I could have played on my recent birthday, but we have been getting pounded with snow.

Just an fyi, the Atmos Black 6 is not listed as one of the shafts available for the Morgan Cup.
Tracking that the 6 isnt an option, but it was the only stiff flex black in the fitting cart and no 7S in any of the clubs on the shelf.

Today's update is pretty short. It can be summed up as didnt do much. Had a fairly long day at work and had to spend a bunch of time consoling the wife after she had a bad morning. Also one of my dogs decided to decided to turn my coozie into a chew toy.

But onto the positives. I'm getting out for 18 again tomorrow and order day is almost here. Additionally, I'm cleaning out the garage this weekend because I got the go ahead to build a sim. I already have a launch monitor and a hitting mat so just need to get a net to get the basics up and running.

Also, based off Buck Nasty starting the swing speed regimen, I might go through a few sessions as well to help with sequencing.
dcac986f6bc5a6a64ff665a0b5338a5c.jpg

Tracking that the 6 isnt an option, but it was the only stiff flex black in the fitting cart and no 7S in any of the clubs on the shelf.

Today's update is pretty short. It can be summed up as didnt do much. Had a fairly long day at work and had to spend a bunch of time consoling the wife after she had a bad morning. Also one of my dogs decided to decided to turn my coozie into a chew toy.

But onto the positives. I'm getting out for 18 again tomorrow and order day is almost here. Additionally, I'm cleaning out the garage this weekend because I got the go ahead to build a sim. I already have a launch monitor and a hitting mat so just need to get a net to get the basics up and running.

Also, based off Buck Nasty starting the swing speed regimen, I might go through a few sessions as well to help with sequencing.

I’m a fan of this thread and your prep so far. Keep it up! And I can replace that coozie I think. I’ll dig around tomorrow but I have several I believe.

2e66e1d8d3c45a1329a8098def332fa2.jpg

Confirmed. I’ll bring it to the MC, so now you and the pup win.

Keep up the good work with the prep!

2e66e1d8d3c45a1329a8098def332fa2.jpg

Confirmed. I’ll bring it to the MC, so now you and the pup win.

Keep up the good work with the prep!

Thank you!

Today was frigid this morning. On my way to the course this morning it was an icy 22*. Now you guys up north might say that's not too bad, but down here that's damn cold.

As such I got the 2+ hour frost delay. I played today at my home course. Because of a member meeting, we had a shotgun start and during the delay I got to know more of the members. A majority of the members are retired military, it is a military golf course on post and being young in my career I had a number of folks give me advice. One group is a bunch of retired colonels and senior enlisted so needless to say they had a lot of life advice to give.

When we finally got on the course it was still damn cold outside, but the driver was working for me quite well. Unfortunately no birdies today, but besides my putting I was fairly happy with my performance less my hybrid. My drives were flying straight and long and my approaches were pretty much landing pin high. I just couldn't get any of my birdie putts to drop. Because of that performance I may have picked up a new putter in the pro shop on my way out.

I also put the new xv into play and it's a very good ball. Definitely more launch than the regular z star. Most importantly they improved spin 100 yards and in compared to the last generation and softened it up a little. It will be tough to decide between the two new z stars.

Things I need to work on is some pulls at my next range session. Dont know when I'll get my next round in. Next weekend is shot. Tomorrow i have garage clean up so will do my witb before ordering and cant wait for the update.
f7f6668cd2cc2f34467e4774da5168f5.jpg
fb3f152544987cbe812d63058735d87a.jpg

It's been a few days since I last updated:

Since then I've put in my order and faced the music with the amount of food I ate around my birthday. My goal is to lose around 1-1.5 lbs a week. Losing weight is not always a linear process and thankfully, even though I gourged myself, my weight didn't go up too much (about half a pound so completely negilible). However, it was the reminder that was needed that I cannot slack off when it comes to my diet. I'm right now hovering right now around 175.8 lbs so I'm still on track for my goal, but I don't have a lot of wiggle room.

For my order I was back and forth between a few options and Jose really helped me through a few of my thoughts. I had a lot of debates back and forth about the shafts, and some sense knocked into me. Ultimately, what was in my order is in my signature below.

F9 9* +1* with Atmos TS Black 7X (10*, 45.25")
F9 3-4 -1* with Atmos TS Blue 7X (13.5*, 43")
F9 Tour 4-5 STD with Atmos TS Blue 7X (17.5*, 41.5")
4 - GW: F9 with C-Taper Lite S (1* Weak, 2* Flat, 1/2" Short)
SW/LW: 55*, 60* Widelow (1* Flat, 1/2" Short")

To say I'm excited for the clubs would be an understatement. I'm not sure which club I'm most excited from. The fairways with their milled face is sweet, the Driver I've seen some good numbers so far and can't wait to get it in play, the irons blew my mind after getting the shafts, ball, and mat sorted out. Jose spoke highly of the widelow grind for diggers so I'm hoping these work out well. I play a low bounce K so I hope I get similar playability. I almost went with OL for the irons, but couldn't mentally commit to adjusting my game before the Morgan Cup.

Last weekend I cleaned out my garage to prepare for installing a golf simulator. Yesterday I ordered a screen and hitting cage that hopefully I can install before the end of February. I have just enough room in the garage to swing driver, but its a very close clearance so I will probably save driver for the range. The FSX software will probably not be purchased for a little bit, so it will be my GC2 and Ipad for a little bit. I will probably get the software when I go forward with whichever projector I decide on (probably during the summer when it's too hot to be outside).

This weekend I won't be able to get a round in since my wife has to work on Saturday. I'm hoping I can get out to the range at least. In the mean time I'm practicing putting in the garage. I think the sketchiest portions of my game right now are from 60 yards and in. I think the simulator will be able to help on those handcuff shots, but I need to get to the putting green and short game area to work on controlling my distances.

Update from the past few days. Todays will be golf related tomorrow will be fitness related.

Probably the craziest portion of it all is moving to a new job starting Monday which I was not expecting at all. Plus side is I will be closer to the golf course but downside is I'm not sure how much time I will actually get to utilize it. Will say my posting will definitely go down during work hours as I learn my new position.

Yesterday I wasn't able to get a round in since my wife had to work. Went to the range to work on my irons. Overall I was fairly happy with most of my shots but will be curious to see if I will be able to flight down my new clubs. Overall from wedges through mid irons I was liking my old irons, but definitely need to make sure I'm shallowing out a bit more. I'm extremely excited to get them on the range and start learning my new yardages. Cobra Connect should help with true yardages on the course as well.

I also hit a few drivers and I will have to say I'm going to miss my g400 lst. But, I'm fairly certain the F9 is going to excite me. I'm hoping I see a little more ballspeed, but mostly I want the straight shots I'm getting from the ping.

Right now the items that most concern me is from 75 yards and in. At a certain point all my shots feel uncomfortable and I took the time to go to short game area. Around the green was a little better, but I'm still going to try and put in some work after work a few days each week. In addition I'm committing to one putter from now through the Morgan Cup. I got it regripped and it was bent to my fitting specs. It feels much better with the new grip, but again I need to rebuild my previous confidence I had a few months ago.

I did take the time around the green to see if I had a preference for the new XV or Z-star. I'm shocked with how much softer feeling the new XV feels and the amount of green side spin it has. Right now around the green the zstar and xv barely have anything in it. Right now I'm leaning towards the XV. I'm extremely curious about the new Pro V1 and V1x, the new TP5/TP5X, and the Tour B X/XS. But I think the XV will be my ball this year but will have to do my due diligence.

Since I saw Buck Nasty start up Super Speed I'm starting up the workouts as well. My starting numbers were as follow (fastest single swing):
Green: 133
Blue: 128
Red: 126
Driver: 126

For me I usually see a few mph variance from trackman with my SSR but I was kinda surprised to see numbers that high.

Back