New video game "The Golf Club"

Sitting 42nd (-29) right now on CC-A as a Sponsor Exemption. Top exemption is currently at -39 so unless he takes me by 6+ strokes in the final round, I should be earning my stay in CC-A. It's a little disappointing since I was making a push to break into the top 10 in the money list on CC-B in the next week or two.

Sitting 42nd (-29) right now on CC-A as a Sponsor Exemption. Top exemption is currently at -39 so unless he takes me by 6+ strokes in the final round, I should be earning my stay in CC-A. It's a little disappointing since I was making a push to break into the top 10 in the money list on CC-B in the next week or two.

Finished at -21 (65-67-64-63) in CC-E

If you would like a relaxing nice round i published my home course Arrowhead Country Club. Pretty straight forward course set up from the white tees.

Nice course. I finished my first round with a 65 (-8). Nice tree placement on the 14th, I got caught behind it!

Finished -27 (T-49th) in my first Web.com event. 3rd round really killed me and 1st round did no favors. But hey, on to next week and not a terrible showing overall.

What are the lengths of most of your favorite courses? I know they are making sim friendly versions that are 6500ish but wondering if the original versions are still playable via simulation.

What are the lengths of most of your favorite courses? I know they are making sim friendly versions that are 6500ish but wondering if the original versions are still playable via simulation.
Most out there are really playable for mortals. The driver on the game goes 265 carry so it sorta limits what you can do. Accordingly, max I'll put on a course is 6,900 unless I'm trying to make it tough. Most courses that I've enjoyed are around 6,700 and include a driveable par 4. Many designers include multiple tee boxes on the holes which allows them to really get flexible. I've seen pro-tee versions of courses around 6,300.

Really frustrating watching these ghost guys make 20 footers all day....

Just found this thread. I am addicted to the course builder, haven't finished one I am ready to publish yet but will post when I do. The one thing I am struggling with is how to make a course hard in this game. It is really hard without using absurd greens. I like using angled fairways so you at least need to work the ball to hit them other wise the ball runs through. Run off areas that leave the ball in the tricky 15-20 yard distance from the pin. Have angles that make the green really hard to hold from on area but not from the other. For the most part I think it is impossible to make a hard course with the game play so I think you have to settle for a hole that makes you hit 2 decent shots to birdie. Nothing you can do to truly defend par that isn't a gimmick. Thoughts?

Going to go back through the thread so apologies if this has been discussed a ton already.

I try to set my courses up so that a good drive and second shot will give you a realistic shot at a birdie put, but at the same time missing the drive or second shot will have you praying for a bogey.

Just found this thread. I am addicted to the course builder, haven't finished one I am ready to publish yet but will post when I do. The one thing I am struggling with is how to make a course hard in this game. It is really hard without using absurd greens. I like using angled fairways so you at least need to work the ball to hit them other wise the ball runs through. Run off areas that leave the ball in the tricky 15-20 yard distance from the pin. Have angles that make the green really hard to hold from on area but not from the other. For the most part I think it is impossible to make a hard course with the game play so I think you have to settle for a hole that makes you hit 2 decent shots to birdie. Nothing you can do to truly defend par that isn't a gimmick. Thoughts?

Going to go back through the thread so apologies if this has been discussed a ton already.
There's really only a couple ways to make the course difficult, but reward good shots. And that is to absolutely punish poor shots, especially off the tee. If the greens are too tough, it ruins the course. If it's too long, it means stupid distances into greens all round. I'm looking forward to seeing more courses try and walk this fine line. We played Doral last night at 7400 and it was tough, but the greens made it ok as they were more receptive. It's all about getting close to that line, but no crossing it. Can't wait to see what you come up with in your publishes.

I played on exemption from CC-E to -D this week and made that card, and on top of that made the exemption line for -C this week. So, if I score well again, I'll get the -C card (but that course is tough!). Could be movin' on up this month.

I saw DDEC right below me, too. I think he missed the exemption by a stroke. :(

One of the funny things I love about this game is designing a challenging and tough but fair green then when you test the hole you keep putting off the green, chip back on, putt off again and go oops, back to the drawing board on that green. Bust out the flattening tool and start over.

There's really only a couple ways to make the course difficult, but reward good shots. And that is to absolutely punish poor shots, especially off the tee. If the greens are too tough, it ruins the course. If it's too long, it means stupid distances into greens all round. I'm looking forward to seeing more courses try and walk this fine line. We played Doral last night at 7400 and it was tough, but the greens made it ok as they were more receptive. It's all about getting close to that line, but no crossing it. Can't wait to see what you come up with in your publishes.
I've done some of mine with serious risk/reward. Like the Boulder Mountain one I just tweaked. You have to pay attention to landing zones and possibilities off the tee. Make the shot where it counts and it's likely and easy Eagle. Screw it up and you're struggling for par.

Finally finished my first course. I think it is a decent attempt. I focused
on the golf and not the art of making it pretty. Plays like a links course
on a lot of the holes. game tag is bdranta on PC

Lone Cherry Hill
Par 71
7283 yards.

I might have mailed a few holes in but farely happy with the result for my
first attempt.

1) Not a long hole but hitting fairway is a must to hold the green, need less than
driver or a big draw to stay in the fairway

2) A par 5 that requires some shot shaping to find the fairway. The green
is reachable in 2 from the fairway but any shot drawing probably finds the water.
Short right and letting the ball chase up is best bet

3) Long par 3 with one of the more severe greens equals par as good.
It is quite easy to make par from th bunker but going long leaves you in a
world of hurt. Think outside the box for any chance to
get up and down from behind. Not a birdie hole, the closest
I got to the pin was 9 feet in like 30 tries.

4) I redid this hole a bunch but still kinda meh. As long as you
find the fairway you can use the backstop to make an easy birdie

5) A sliver of a fairway that requires shaping your drive followed by a pin
that is hard to get close. Easy par if you don't attack the pin

6) Not the easiest green to hold but a fair pin should give you a decent
look at birdie

7) Less than driver might be the play but the challenge is the green,
really hard to geet anywher near the pin

8) Shorter par 4 with an annoying bunker. Takes a good shot from the
fairway to get close.

9) long par 4 that is a total second shot hole. Don't go long

10) this green might be unfair

11) split fairway that is playable down wind

12) meh

13) short bad, long ok

14) easy par 5

15 drivable par 4 with some risk

16) silly green

17 easy par 3

18) risk reward par 5 with challenging green

Tried lone cherry hill. I like everything from tee to green. I hated the greens though. You made them ridiculously hard. Almost impossible for anything to hold the greens.

Tried lone cherry hill. I like everything from tee to green. I hated the greens though. You made them ridiculously hard. Almost impossible for anything to hold the greens.
I also ran into that issue once I played with wind, anything downwind was just too hard(hence the 89 I shot even though I am like a 2 handicap in the game). Next course I am going to stay away from many red lines on the green and slope them more front to back when the approach shot is over 150. Thanks for playing it though. Most of the greens you can hold but not always going after the pin, at least when the wind is 1mph and I had 10 tries to figure out where exactly to land it.
Thanks though there is some learning curve to designing courses and hopefully the next one is better.

Does anyone know how I can redo the course after published? It isn't on my list of courses when I click course designer though. Wouldn't take too long to just flatten out the bad greens and make them reasonable if I can.

Does anyone know how I can redo the course after published? It isn't on my list of courses when I click course designer though. Wouldn't take too long to just flatten out the bad greens and make them reasonable if I can.
Go to the published courses tab (likely only looking at unpublished) and you should be able to edit it there again.

That was easy enough

I also ran into that issue once I played with wind, anything downwind was just too hard(hence the 89 I shot even though I am like a 2 handicap in the game). Next course I am going to stay away from many red lines on the green and slope them more front to back when the approach shot is over 150. Thanks for playing it though. Most of the greens you can hold but not always going after the pin, at least when the wind is 1mph and I had 10 tries to figure out where exactly to land it.
Thanks though there is some learning curve to designing courses and hopefully the next one is better.

The fairways were fantastic. Loved that it wasn't just grab driver and go. You have to think about where you want to land that ball.

"Lone cherry hill white" is now ready
I redid most of the greens to make them easier to hold when hitting a good shot from the fairway. Still can't blindly aim 4 yards short of every pin and expect it to stop within 5 feet but good shots aren't punished like they were before.

I was playing a practice round at Fossmill golf club, got an ace on 6th!

And a nice save on 7th at Magnolia

That's quite the save. I sat there wondering when the screen was going to change since it didn't look like the ball was even moving.

I was playing a practice round at Fossmill golf club, got an ace on 6th!

And a nice save on 7th at Magnolia

That was awesome! How do u record shots like that?

Back