Cape Cod or Rhode Island guys 4-5 day golf trip.

NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
13.4 GHIN
So, a bunch of us normally head to MD/DE for 4 days of golf. For a number of reasons, it doesn’t look like it’ll happen this year. 8 of the group (so far) are thinking of organizing something closer to home (we’re in CT) and thinking of trying a playing up on the Cape, or perhaps RI. (Late August, Early September)

Any suggestions on an area to stay with a couple/few courses in a reasonable proximity ? We’d like to find a hotel to use as a home base and then courses within 20-30 mins travel time. Seems a bit more difficult to find a solution online in this area, compared to what you’d call “golf destinations “

Most are OK players... indexes of 11-15 or so... Looking for (hopefully) fun/unique/historic courses, nicely maintained...

Not it locked into those two areas... but would like to keep it in MA/RI area to save on travel time.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Thanks!
-NW

If looking in the Cape Cod area it’s good to stay in the Dennis/South Dennis/Dennisport area and you can get to quite a few courses in 20-25 minutes (Dennis Pines/Highland, Cranberry Valley, Bayberry Hills, Bass River, Blue Rock, Old Barnstable, The Captains). Could also get to historic Highland Links in less than an hour from that area too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, a bunch of us normally head to MD/DE for 4 days of golf. For a number of reasons, it doesn’t look like it’ll happen this year. 8 of the group (so far) are thinking of organizing something closer to home (we’re in CT) and thinking of trying a playing up on the Cape, or perhaps RI. (Late August, Early September)

Any suggestions on an area to stay with a couple/few courses in a reasonable proximity ? We’d like to find a hotel to use as a home base and then courses within 20-30 mins travel time. Seems a bit more difficult to find a solution online in this area, compared to what you’d call “golf destinations “

Most are OK players... indexes of 11-15 or so... Looking for (hopefully) fun/unique/historic courses, nicely maintained...

Not it locked into those two areas... but would like to keep it in MA/RI area to save on travel time.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Thanks!
-NW
I will tell you there are a some very nice courses in the area. I am would suggest Waverly Oaks, Pinehills and Crosswinds all in Plymouth. Newport National maybe an hour away. Those 3 plymouth courses are very nice. Falmouth CC, Cape Cod CC. Inhave a bunch more maybe 45 minutes from the cape

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Depending what your budget is I'd say Pinehills, Waverly, Crosswinds, and Cape Club in Falmouth. Plenty of places to stay in Plymouth and first 3 are within 10 minutes of each other. Cape Club is about 1/2 hour south of them.

Ocean Edge Resort for Lodging

Then play the The Captain's Courses
Cranberry Valley is also a great track

I played Pine hills and Waverly a number of years ago, highly recommended.

Thanks to all!! I'll have to start doing some legwork and see what the gang would like to do!
any additional courses, feel free to add.
-NW

Thanks to all!! I'll have to start doing some legwork and see what the gang would like to do!
any additional courses, feel free to add.
-NW
I wanna say Crosswinds is $70 with $25 replay and 3- 9 holes courses. Layout is outstanding. Waverly Oaks is a beauty and Pinehills is overpriced I think. There is also Atlantic cc in Plymouth. Crosswinds is a favorite of mine.

I wanna say Crosswinds is $70 with $25 replay and 3- 9 holes courses. Layout is outstanding. Waverly Oaks is a beauty and Pinehills is overpriced I think. There is also Atlantic cc in Plymouth. Crosswinds is a favorite of mine.

Crosswinds is stout and conditions always fantastic. I still love Waverly but IMHO conditions have been on the decline past few years especially when it's $95.00 per round.

Crosswinds is stout and conditions always fantastic. I still love Waverly but IMHO conditions have been on the decline past few years especially when it's $95.00 per round.
Yup. How far to Granite links from there? That's really nice and probably $150. Many courses down the Cape. I also meant to say the Cape Club. The_Dude we gotta play this year.

Yup. How far to Granite links from there? That's really nice and probably $150. Many courses down the Cape. I also meant to say the Cape Club. The_Dude we gotta play this year.

Granite links is about 45 minutes north of Plymouth but big $$$. We'll definitely have to play this year. Artm and I probably play Acushnet 6-8 times a year. Really love that track even though it usually tears me up.

Granite links is about 45 minutes north of Plymouth but big $$$. We'll definitely have to play this year. Artm and I probably play Acushnet 6-8 times a year. Really love that track even though it usually tears me up.
Lol....they keep it in very good shape and it is a fun course. It does kick the crap out of me sometimes which makes it fun.

Back