GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

Bridgestone’s New TOUR B XW-1 Wedges Deliver Buttery-Soft Feel and Enhanced Spin Greenside

New Biting Rail Milled Finish Grooves Optimize Spin and Control Greenside

(COVINGTON, GA)Bridgestone Golf – the #1 ball-fitter in golf, revealed today its new TOUR B XW-1 collection of wedges, its softest and highest spinning wedges ever designed for better players. The XW-1 Wedges feature Bridgestone’s proprietary, new Biting Rail Milled grooves leading to more spin on approach and greenside recovery shots. Premium forged from 1020 mild carbon steel, the XW-1 Wedges provide the ultimate in soft feel better players prefer.

“Low-Mid handicappers are going to love the control and feel that our new TOUR B XW-1 Wedges deliver,” said Zack Kupperbusch, Golf Club Marketing Manager – Bridgestone Golf. “The combination of the industry’s most premium forging and our new Biting Rail Milled grooves provide unparalleled softness and optimum spin on a variety of short shots.”

The new TOUR B XW-1 Wedge series is designed with three separate sole configurations, each intended to optimize the types of shots played with that particular club. The F (Flat) sole is found in the 50-degree gap wedge, and intended to optimize turf interaction on full or mid-range approach shots providing added stability at impact for a more penetrating ball flight. The M Sole, or the “Multi-Purpose Sole” characteristic of the 52, 54, 58 and 60-degree wedges, focuses on providing versatility for all the varying shots one would hit during a round. From hooded bump-and-runs to open-flange flop shots, the M-Sole delivers maximum controllability. Finally, the A Sole, or the “Forgiving Sole” offers supreme forgiveness in the 56-degree wedge, whether you’re hitting an explosion shot to get out of a steep face bunker, or pin-hunting from the fairway.

The XW-1 wedges are available in right-hand only with a satin chrome finish and come stock with a Modus Tour 105 stiff shaft. With retail availability beginning March 1, 2019, the street price will be $139.99 per club. The TOUR B XW-1 wedges will be available through Bridgestone Golf’s proprietary equipment demo program, Test Drive, and all Club Champion retail locations.

For more information on Bridgestone Golf’s award-winning TOUR B family of golf balls and clubs, visit www.bridgestonegolf.com.

i-QbqbwxJ-XL.jpg

About Bridgestone Golf
Based in Covington, GA, Bridgestone Golf USA manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under the Bridgestone and Precept brands. The company started making golf balls in 1935 and today has more golf ball design patents than any other company. Beginning in 2006, Bridgestone revolutionized golf ball selection with its custom ball-fitting program, identifying a golfer’s ideal golf ball based on personal swing characteristics. Today, as the #1 Ball-Fitter in Golf, Bridgestone has conducted over 2.1 million fittings via a combination of live-fitting, online selection and its B-FIT App. The consumer data gathered from ball-fitting continues to inspire Bridgestone’s innovative new golf ball designs, yielding industry-leading performance products for the entire range of players, from recreational golfers to the best in the world. Bridgestone Golf is proudly represented on international professional tours by icons such as Tiger Woods, Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker, Bryson DeChambeau and Lexi Thompson. Bridgestone Golf USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo. More information: bridgestonegolf.com.

Those are gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These will replace my j15’s for 2019! I’m surprised they didn’t update the name from last year... XW-2 maybe?

Nice looking wedges. The M Sole sounds very versatile.

Those are clean.

Paging @Canadan

I want to know what else B'stone is bringing though....

Those are clean.

Paging @Canadan

I want to know what else B'stone is bringing though....

Oh I see it...

They need to take the J15, rebrand it, and sell it for a year.. If for nothing else, so I can stock up. Then they can do whatever their hearts desire haha

Oh I see it...

They need to take the J15, rebrand it, and sell it for a year.. If for nothing else, so I can stock up. Then they can do whatever their hearts desire haha

I seem to remember you saying the same about the J40 wedges....

I seem to remember you saying the same about the J40 wedges....

No way. I liked J40, but it was a love affair with J15. Absolutely insanely good wedges. Two are still in the bag and I regret pulling the third.

Have never tried Bridgestone Wedges ... look good to me. Maybe I should give em a try

Good looking wedges.

Never played one personally, but I know they had quite a following on here.

Are these a bit elongated vs prior models or is it just the angle of the photo?

Are these a bit elongated vs prior models or is it just the angle of the photo?

With the way the club is placed in the frame, it’s likely the angle.

Absolutely love the stock shaft choice. Curious how the grinds will play, and for that feedback. Not a huge fan of the looks on the back, but not a turn off either.

Good looking wedge with a good price.

Guys I need a moment.

I want, and need.

I like the F Sole in the 50* wedge

I love the looks on these wedges. It has been a while since I have Bridgestone wedges in my bag, but I may need to change that.

I can’t wait to see these in the wild.

Pretty cool that every participant in the 2019 Bstone Championship THP Event in Ohio will get a full set of custom stamped wedges.
Along with a ton more.

Sure are pretty. They’ve got some nice flair to them but not too busy.

Pretty cool that every participant in the 2019 Bstone Championship THP Event in Ohio will get a full set of custom stamped wedges.
Along with a ton more.

Oh wow. I must’ve missed this. Freaking awesome either way though!!

Those wedges are sweet. I may have to look into these as I am getting due for some wedges.

Back