Golf Pride ALIGN Now in Rubber, Hybrid and Cord with Z-Grip ALIGN Grip

Bigger Q is will you be a MAN and go gloveless...

with my dainty delicate hands?

32db7ec1-e0ed-4a93-aa20-8ecead3c4863_1000.png

I somehow missed this announcement but have flirted with the idea of trying the align grips in my woods and irons. I typically play the z-cords logo down right now, so I'm not in love with the giant "Golf Pride" right were my thumb might be, but still might give them a go.

Golf Pride ALIGN Now in Rubber, Hybrid and Cord with Z-Grip ALIGN Grip

Looks like I will be getting some experience with these. Now just a question of what clubs to throw them on.

The correct answer is all of them

Last edited:
Oh my, I've forgotten to get some pics and thoughts in to this thread. So let's start with some pics of these bad boys, and then I can throw up some thoughts.

i-mHqnQ9d-L.jpg

i-r6WqHkW-L.jpg

i-3LXZ8L3-L.jpg

i-GWMPFZb-L.jpg

i-SR5tn33-L.jpg

i-NFn9Rrw-L.jpg

My hands hurt just looking at these photos but damn they look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hands hurt just looking at these photos but damn they look good

I would say they are somewhat on the aggressive side. Really a lot of texture and grooves going on, not to mention the cord. Probably a bit more on all of those areas than I would personally prefer, but I don't find it completely uncomfortable. I know they are new grips, but the traction I feel like I get from them is pretty insane. I bet during the humid rounds they will be absolutely incredible.

I would say they are somewhat on the aggressive side. Really a lot of texture and grooves going on, not to mention the cord. Probably a bit more on all of those areas than I would personally prefer, but I don't find it completely uncomfortable. I know they are new grips, but the traction I feel like I get from them is pretty insane. I bet during the humid rounds they will be absolutely incredible.

Yeah they look aggressive but no doubt, for players that prefer cord they’re amazing.

It's also nice to have these in hand without @jman there to smack me in the face.

They are tougher on the hands the standard Z Cord from my experience

OMG! Beautiful.

Question for you all who install your own grips. Would you have any reservations about installing your own ALIGN grips for fear that you won't get them on completely straight? I ask because I'm a fan of a logo down grip, mostly because I'm lazy and if they are a bit off, its no big deal. But with these, that is not an option.

Question for you all who install your own grips. Would you have any reservations about installing your own ALIGN grips for fear that you won't get them on completely straight? I ask because I'm a fan of a logo down grip, mostly because I'm lazy and if they are a bit off, its no big deal. But with these, that is not an option.

I was hesitant, because I only change grips for myself or family (Not well experienced). I'm very OCD about the tape underneath and the shaft so the align strips added to my concerns. Which, is why I do it in the first place.

long story short: It wasn't an issue. I just used plenty of solvent to make sure the grip was doing it's own thing and not twisting. Double checked before tamping and seating. Strips were surprisingly straight.

As long as you use enough solvent and adjust quickly if needed, you should be good. I installed grips last year for the first time ever (they were ALIGN +4), and was worried to ruin a $12 grip so I actually bought a random $5 grip and tried the process on an old club first to get the hang of the pressure & force and how to adjust a grip. I felt more comfortable using a club I'll probably never use again and sacrifice the $5 in order to reduce the chance I ruin an ALIGN grip, but if you've installed grips before, you should be fine. I really enjoyed the process and DIY approach!

I go logo down on most grips for this exact reason. In this case, I’d still probably do them myself, but it would be nerve-racking and I’m sure I’d be unhappy with how half of them came out.

I go logo down on most grips for this exact reason. In this case, I’d still probably do them myself, but it would be nerve-racking and I’m sure I’d be unhappy with how half of them came out.

as long as you install it better than the jumbo max grip.

The first one I installed, I thought I had perfect, then I set up to it and wondered if I was drunk.

as long as you install it better than the jumbo max grip.

The first one I installed, I thought I had perfect, then I set up to it and wondered if I was drunk.

It’s too bad I didn’t get 14 Jumbo Max grips instead of…three.

That is my biggest issue. Club is in the vice straight and square, slide the grip on perfectly square, pull the club out of the vice, drop it to address, and the grip is cockeyed 20°

Man they do look good when installed.
e68ad3c08aff3013d7037724acf45956.jpg

I just regripped with Z Cord Aligns. Changed out of the MCC +4 Align wanting to get back to a tapered standard size. For my SW and LW I used the non-align version with GP logo down.

First grip tried to fight me and lost. After that, I used more lube and got my "swishy swishy" on... the rest was smooth sailing. Align strips went on straight and I hardly had to adjust anything before tamping.

Can't wait to use them.

Edit: I've had two rounds using these grips. I'm a fan and glad I went back to the standard tapered shape.

Last edited:
This Align installation tool might be the greatest thing ever.
F91F7D8A-0DB7-482C-9486-4ADE1BDF1B14.jpeg

I’m thinking about regripping in the all rubber align.

Back