JP_CO

Chamption of something...
Reaction score
Handicap
depends
Something I'm sure a lot of folks have been waiting for. Just pre-ordered one.

Arccos Link is a small, ultralight accessory that allows users of the Arccos Caddie platform to automatically record their on-course performance data without the need for a phone in pocket.

Compatible with iPhone and Android devices, Arccos Link can be clipped to a player’s belt or pocket. It functions independently of a user’s smart phone, while transferring data either during or after a round, based on player preference.

Weighing less than 25 grams and measuring approximately 2.25” (L) x 1.25” (W) x 0.75” (D), the weather-resistant Arccos Link boasts a battery life of up to 10 hours and quickly charges via a standard micro USB cable.

***UPDATE from Arccos - Delayed***

Dear Arccos Family,

I’m writing to share an update on the status of Arccos Link. Our team has been working exceptionally hard to bring you this revolutionary product that allows Arccos users to play without a smartphone in their pocket. Results from beta testing, and on-course demos with our partners at Cobra and PING, have gone very well. That said, the innovation path often includes speed bumps, and now is one of those times.

We will not meet our target of delivering by early-summer, and now anticipate shipping to begin in mid-September.

Because it’s incredibly difficult to pioneer new hardware and predict a launch date, we elected not to charge any credit cards during pre-order. We will continue to honor that commitment and not charge your credit card until Arccos Link ships.

Why the delay?

There are two main reasons for the delay:
1. GPS Accuracy: During beta-testing, there were some situations where the GPS did not provide the level of accuracy we wanted. We redesigned the GPS to be more robust by using more global satellite constellations to significantly improve location accuracy.

2. Hole Location Marking: In many posts on our Team Arccos Facebook group (click here to join) and during beta testing, users requested the ability to mark hole locations. We decided to include a button to do just that, rather than develop this feature in a future generation Arccos Link device.
Both changes have required extra development and testing, as well as the need to source significant quantities of new components to support the upgraded GPS solution. While the delay is no doubt a disappointment to you, both changes will allow us to achieve the high standards we have set for ourselves, and provide the Arccos Link experience you deserve.

How sure are we that there will be no more delays?

We’re now extremely happy with how Arccos Link functions, and there are no more hardware refinements necessary to implement and test. We are currently completing final integration of the product before pre-production testing, where we will test a significant batch of units, before moving to full production. We will continue to keep you updated as we move forward by email, and by posting on the Team Arccos Facebook group.

We care about you.

I have personally heard from many of you who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Arccos Link, and I’m sure the delay is not the news you wanted to hear. Please know that we are working every day to make the product better, and to get it to you as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Something I'm sure a lot of folks have been waiting for. Just pre-ordered one.

Arccos Link is a small, ultralight accessory that allows users of the Arccos Caddie platform to automatically record their on-course performance data without the need for a phone in pocket.

Compatible with iPhone and Android devices, Arccos Link can be clipped to a player’s belt or pocket. It functions independently of a user’s smart phone, while transferring data either during or after a round, based on player preference.

Weighing less than 25 grams and measuring approximately 2.25” (L) x 1.25” (W) x 0.75” (D), the weather-resistant Arccos Link boasts a battery life of up to 10 hours and quickly charges via a standard micro USB cable.

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products...120292889&mc_cid=81c6fc4ab4&mc_eid=c9cb013dd6

This is a big deal. I hated having my phone in my pocket using arccos - probably the main reason I got rid of it. Excellent, thanks for the post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a ShotScope last year; if I hadn't I'd be all over this. Love Arccos' software; I just use my phone too often during a round to where having the phone in pocket was a nuisance.

We've spent a bit of time talking about this in the Arccos thread, and I for one am SUPER excited about this, and how it frees up the user.

This solves the biggest issue I have with Arccos.

I'm surprised its actually taken this long to be released. This might also resolve some of the issues with Android chaos.

This is actually pretty awesome sounding.

I think I'm going to pass, I have to fix enough shots during the round that if I waited til the end of the round to do it I will have forgotten what I need to fix. Also, I use it for GPS enough it must makes sense to just keep the phone in my pocket.

I think I'm going to pass, I have to fix enough shots during the round that if I waited til the end of the round to do it I will have forgotten what I need to fix. Also, I use it for GPS enough it must makes sense to just keep the phone in my pocket.

You don’t have to wait until the end of the round - apparently has the option to update on your phone in real time so you can keep your phone in the cart but still make any edits if need be as you play.

I have two questions about this. 1. Does this free up your phone's Bluetooth to play music through a portable speaker during a round? 2. Is the Apple Watch integration (which also would eliminate the phone in the pocket) ever coming?

You don’t have to wait until the end of the round - apparently has the option to update on your phone in real time so you can keep your phone in the cart but still make any edits if need be as you play.

I know, I'm just not sure what that does for me other than possibly give me the ability to play music in the cart. I guess you can keep your phone charging also in carts that have that ability. I can see why some people might want it, I think it would just add an extra layer of inconvenience for me personally.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have two questions about this. 1. Does this free up your phone's Bluetooth to play music through a portable speaker during a round? 2. Is the Apple Watch integration (which also would eliminate the phone in the pocket) ever coming?

The current (gen 2) sensors don't use bluetooth, they transmit an inaudible sound that the phone listens for. That's why you can't play music. I believe the Link connects via bluetooth, but you should be able to have multiple bluetooth connections at the same time. That said, I bet playing music would still cause issues for the sensors and Link.

The watch update has been in dev and testing a while and I think is targeting March (or maybe more generically, "Spring")

What I'm really hoping for with this is that it's much better at picking up shots than a phone in your pocket. Hopefully it picks up every shot and put eliminating the need to make changes in the app.

I thought I read that you can either have it connected or download the data post round. I'd certainly be the guy uploading after my round not during.

Also,
9eced0c5cfe587ccadbeb5d3e66635d0.jpg

I think both the new device and the Apple Watch app are giant steps forward for a technology I really love.

I think this is a great idea and I shared my opinion in regards to an external device with Arccos during a past survey on the new subject. I am surprised the price is going to be $79 US (pre-launch $59 US), I thought that was a little steep but maybe over time when volumes increase they should be able to re-capture some of their upfront costs and get the price lower.

I think this is a great idea and I shared my opinion in regards to an external device with Arccos during a past survey on the new subject. I am surprised the price is going to be $79 US (pre-launch $59 US), I thought that was a little steep but maybe over time when volumes increase they should be able to re-capture some of their upfront costs and get the price lower.

I would think they will eventually bundle it in with new sets, but there are a lot people who already own them. If I can use my watch then I will go that route as I don't need another gadget to take with me to the course.

Sounds like it doesn't work with the Gen 1 sensors if anyone else is still rocking those.

I have an Apple Watch 2. Guess I’m out of luck for now. I end up doing most things on my watch, like adding a putt if I pick up a gimme or one doesn’t register. I assume if the sensor is sending its data in real time, the watch will continue to work just as if I were using my phone.

Last edited:
I thought I read that you can either have it connected or download the data post round. I'd certainly be the guy uploading after my round not during.

Also,
9eced0c5cfe587ccadbeb5d3e66635d0.jpg

Well I now have a reason to upgrade from my Gen 2 Apple Watch.

Android testing on the Samsung watch app soon. Will shiw front middle and back, distances and club selection. Haven't been using it but still get the testing emails. Another app update with UI and crash fixes coming build 2.9.9-171

Tera has them in her Cobra irons so may have her start using it this spring. Will be nice if they get the watch app out by then as she has the Galaxy.

Got an email from Arccos a few weeks ago (didn't read it until just now) that said that Arccos will not be shipping the Link in 2019. :( I guess they are battling GPS issues with the device.

They must have sourced the Link from the same factory in Asia where Game Golf got the Pro. Couple of epic fails, right there.

Back