Titleist 2019 ProV1 and ProV1x Golf Balls

I played the 1X in yellow today. Titleist did very well with the yellow on this ball, easy to follow in the air and see in the grass.
I am really liking the ball flight, maybe just a bit high at times, but getting plenty of distance. On approach shots it is checking nicely into the greens. I had two approach shots that hopped and stopped today. On chips around the green I can get it to check up quick or play for some rollout if needed.

So, wanted to take the time to thank you again for the sleeve of the Yellow 1X you sent me.
I put it in play on Saturday and had my best Driving day of the year.
Straight, Just Straight off the tee, I can honestly say I didn't bend one drive and straight off my Irons.
And Long...
I was so scared of hitting the X because of the compression factor, however after reviewing some recently published data (Ha,Ha), I realized I need to give these a try.
I actually lost no distance on my iron and may have actually gained some distances off my woods.
I flew 2 par 3's from the tee and flew a green on fairway wood approach shot. So I may have gained some yards.

With Yellow being available, I could definitely see myself putting these into play.
I bought a sleeve of Z-Star XV to see how these two compare.

Shout out goes to @obedt who also plays the "X" version, as he steered me to the review that @Jman did when I asked about the difference between the 18' and 19' version was.

I'm sorry I missed the 3 for 4 deal, however these things happen.....

Anyone done a comparison between 1X and XV?

So, wanted to take the time to thank you again for the sleeve of the Yellow 1X you sent me.
Straight, Just Straight off the tee, I can honestly say I didn't bend one drive and straight off my Irons.
And Long...
I was so scared of hitting the X because of the compression factor, however after reviewing some recently published data (Ha,Ha), I realized I need to give these a try.
I actually lost no distance on my iron and may have actually gained some distances off my woods.
I flew 2 par 3's from the tee and flew a green on fairway wood approach shot. So I may have gained some yards.

With Yellow being available, I could definitely see myself putting these into play.

Shout out goes to @obedt who also plays the "X" version, as he steered me to the review that @Jman did when I asked about the difference between the 18' and 19' version was.

Just be warned that if the temperature drops below 50F, then those "high compression" Pro V1x and Zstar XV balls will actually go backwards off your driver and cause negative driving distance. Or so I've read on the Internet!!!

And Long...

Glad you liked them. Where you happy with the spin around the greens and on approach shots?

Glad you liked them. Where you happy with the spin around the greens and on approach shots?

I was, compared to what I was playing, it was much shorter roll out on the greens.

Has anyone compared the 2019 V1 or V1x to the 2019 TP5 or 5x? I would be interested to see this comparison. I compared the two in the last versions of the golf balls and noticed quite a difference, especially in the wind. Both were very long off the tee. The 5x seems to have a more piercing ball flight with my irons, where the V1x would balloon more. 5x launches a little lower for me as well which I really like as I am a high ball hitter that imparts a lot of spin and am working on bringing my flight/spin down a little bit. Both performed excellent around the greens but the 5x just seemed more fitting for my game overall. I look forward to seeing a comparison of the new versions, if there already is one I'd appreciate someone sharing it with me.

Has anyone compared the 2019 V1 or V1x to the 2019 TP5 or 5x? I would be interested to see this comparison. I compared the two in the last versions of the golf balls and noticed quite a difference, especially in the wind. Both were very long off the tee. The 5x seems to have a more piercing ball flight with my irons, where the V1x would balloon more. 5x launches a little lower for me as well which I really like as I am a high ball hitter that imparts a lot of spin and am working on bringing my flight/spin down a little bit. Both performed excellent around the greens but the 5x just seemed more fitting for my game overall. I look forward to seeing a comparison of the new versions, if there already is one I'd appreciate someone sharing it with me.
I compared the prov1x and tp5x back in the spring. At the time I preferred the flight of the tp5x and noticed longer shots throughout the bag but less spin around the green.

Now that its warmed up a bit I probably should retest, but the prov1x feels like a different ball now and one that I rather enjoy despite being a higher spin model.

I feel like the Pro V1 is a great fit for my game. I am seeing as good of performance from it as any other tour ball out there. I probably should try the X, but it doesn’t seem to be as good of a fit for my needs.

I just switched back to the Prov1x thos year after playing Snell MTB black last year. I tested both MTBs against the Prov1x and the Prov1x was the clear winner for me. It was a little bit longer, had better stopping power with the mid to long irons and better short game spin. I don't think I'll be moving away from this ball again. Checks all the boxes for me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The Titleist ball fitting tent was at the course today. I thought it was interesting with the guys telling me that there is less than 5 yards distance between the Tour Soft, ProV1, ProV1X, and AVX regardless of swing speed. I’ve been playing Tour Soft but would like more stop on the fast greens. He gave me a 2 pack each of ProV1 and ProV1x to try. He did say I probably wouldn’t like the harder feel of the ProV1X compared to what I’ve been playing. I tried the Snell newest model but don’t really like the harder feel. They do stop nicely on the greens though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just switched back to the Prov1x thos year after playing Snell MTB black last year. I tested both MTBs against the Prov1x and the Prov1x was the clear winner for me. It was a little bit longer, had better stopping power with the mid to long irons and better short game spin. I don't think I'll be moving away from this ball again. Checks all the boxes for me.

I had been playing the MTB Black as well but then got a ball fitting at the Ultimate Titleist Event. I got fitted for the Pro V1x (with a close call to the AVX as well). I got fitted for the V1x due to my draw on my irons which reduces spin, the V1x increases the spin for me.

I love this ball. It is long off the tee and I'm holding a lot more greens. But what impresses me the most is my improved putting. The ball just feels better off the putter and I can't explain it. I just started making a lot more putts. It could all be in my head, but has anyone else experienced putting gains with this ball?

But what impresses me the most is my improved putting. The ball just feels better off the putter and I can't explain it. I just started making a lot more putts.

It could be that new EXO insert!! LOL!!

I switched from the ProV to the Z-Star back in 2017 because I liked the softer feel of the Z-Star. During the ball fitting at the event last month I was fit back into the 2019 ProV.
They was telling me about the softer feel of the new 2019 ProV. I could tell right away the new ProV's were softer. I played the entire event with them, and have been since.
I love them. I'm still going to test them against the new Z-Star with SERM(I just wanted to type that, LOL) but feel they have a better chance of being my gamer now than before
the Event.

It's Titleist golf balls. Can't be bad right. That's like saying I wanna drive the best car (You pick).

And the TS woods. Wow!!! At least for me. But that's for another topic.

I had been playing the MTB Black as well but then got a ball fitting at the Ultimate Titleist Event. I got fitted for the Pro V1x (with a close call to the AVX as well). I got fitted for the V1x due to my draw on my irons which reduces spin, the V1x increases the spin for me.

I love this ball. It is long off the tee and I'm holding a lot more greens. But what impresses me the most is my improved putting. The ball just feels better off the putter and I can't explain it. I just started making a lot more putts. It could all be in my head, but has anyone else experienced putting gains with this ball?
I've been making putts too, not sure if that's cause of the ball though. I have chipped in 4 times since switching back to the Prov1x. I think I might have chipped in that many times all of last year.

Happened to pick up a dozen 2019 V1x today that were steeply discounted log balls.

Promptly put up a new PB.

I have recently replaced my driver and irons as result of a fitting.

I thought I was a high spin player and was gaming the AVX. I was very wrong.

According to Trackman, I actually am very low spin with driver and fairly average with irons.

So I thought I'd try a different ball.

It sticks to greens almost like one of those velcro catchers mitt and a tennis ball.

Long balls off the tee as well.

I've found my new ball for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I've been playing prior versions of the ProV1 every other round or so but this week traded 2 sleeves of Z-Stars with my buddy @markm778 for 2 sleeves of the brand new ProV1.

These will go straight to the first tee tomorrow and if I play Sunday perhaps that as well.

I've had a lot of success with prior version ProV1 so I'm eager to find out about the new golf balls!

Waking up a sleeping thread as I have to talk about the ProV1.
I have been bouncing around a bit with various balls and really enjoyed the Bridgestone Tour B X and B XS. Great all around ball and my game doesn't lack much but I had been struggling putting.
Went into Dicks and the ProV1s were on sale soni figured what the heck. Did great as expected off the driver and was good off the irons,, if not a little shorter. No big deal minor adjustment. Where I started scoring was around the greens and putting.
My short little puting motion chips always do well but I have been nearly holing every other one and leaving tap ins. Then I thought it was just a few rounds of good putting but I putt the hell out of these balls. Whatever it is I'm sinking everything. Feel and sound off the putter just seem right. I'm a good 7 rounds in and my putting has not been this good in quite a while.
Dont think I'll be straying anytime soon.. I'll be looking for sales when I can find them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back