Titleist 2019 ProV1 and ProV1x Golf Balls

You can get the new ones on line now at the Titleist store. The white ones, the yellow isn't available until March.

That explains it. The store manager gave me the impression it was both colors.

Little bump here!

Lots of talk by the guys at the show about the packaging and not liking it, what do you think?

I’ve got performance thoughts, early ones, but I’m going to hold off until the show is over so focus stays there!

Lots of talk by the guys at the show about the packaging and not liking it, what do you think?
Maybe I haven't had my coffee yet and could be reading this completely wrong. But people are actually complaining about the box?

Is that really how bad people can nit-pick something? Everybody knows what type of golf ball this is and some added features to the #1 Ball in Golf.

Is package/box collecting a thing or something? Haha unreal. You are playing the ball, not the box! :banghead:

Maybe I haven't had my coffee yet and could be reading this completely wrong. But people are actually complaining about the box?

Is that really how bad people can nit-pick something? Everybody knows what type of golf ball this is and some added features to the #1 Ball in Golf.

Is package/box collecting a thing or something? Haha unreal. You are playing the ball, not the box! :banghead:

I think it’s just a big departure for them so people take note, plus, if that’s the focus of dislike it can’t be bad for the company can it? Means we all know and accept the product will do what it says, and well, like it always does.

I think the box looks fine, I mean there is no way you should mix up the models, they are plainly marked.

Little bump here!

I’ve got performance thoughts, early ones, but I’m going to hold off until the show is over so focus stays there!

I guess the packaging doesn't bother me at all. What I am excited for is the yellow ball.The color seems to Pop in the pictures. As a walker I pick-up a lot of balls on cart path only days. Most are Pro V1's or Mojo's. I have a box of 100 Pro V's of various years. So looking forward to those days. Perfomance wise, it is as good as ball as any I have tried. Mostly price has stopped me from buying mutable dozens.

My local store has the white ones in stock. As has been mentioned, the yellow are not available until March. I hit one with a launch monitor and have been putting it at home. Can’t discern much from that other than it seems like a ProV1. Like others, I am really excited for the yellow version.

I love the Pro V and look forward to the try the new release. The fact that the top players in the world (amateur and pro) choose Titleist gives the best evidence of the performance. Callaway, Srixon and TM all pay more to have pro's play their balls but the count is always overwhelming for Titleist. There is a reason for this and it is not money.

I love the Pro V and look forward to the try the new release. The fact that the top players in the world (amateur and pro) choose Titleist gives the best evidence of the performance. Callaway, Srixon and TM all pay more to have pro's play their balls but the count is always overwhelming for Titleist. There is a reason for this and it is not money.

Interesting take...

Can’t wait to hear some reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little bump here!

I love the new box. Personally I liked the box they used for the Proto balls even better. Maybe next release we'll get an all black box that just says Titleist on it.

Club called and told me my shipment arrived. Can't wait to try them out.

I can’t wait to try out the Pro V1X in yellow!!

got a dozen today, tomorrow we will see how they compare

Hopefully the Loyalty Rewarded program will offer the yellow balls. Looking forward to replenishing my stock of V1s with the new breed, and definitely want some yellows in the mix.

Yeah my Edwin watts had the new balls in but
White only. They are always worth a try. Will wait a bit before pick up some. If anyone is a fan of '17 model, I'm already seeing sales.

Packaging?

As long as I know it's a 2019 ball, they could put it in a brown paper bag for all I care, and reduce the price for the costs savings ... lol

Great ball but the competitors are getting better and better!

I am a Marshal at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey this week. I worked the 17th green on the North that has a dry ravine hazard on the left as the golfers approach. A handful of the Pros that came through pulled it into the bushes so I was able to pick up a handful of the new Pro V1 balls. Can't wait to put them into play this weekend.

So, I have a round on the new V1 as well as a round on the new V1x which took place last Friday.

I did record some early data on the course I'll share later for the V1x vs the 2017 version, but I couldn't get more than that due to the senior men's league being out on the course as well and not ever getting any real breathing room to camp out for a bit on a hole as that is where I prefer to do my data collection.

Anyway, for reference, the homepage article WILL be a full review, but for data I have elected to select shots from 50 yards, 100 yards, full swing 7i or 8i, and driver. Additionally, no I will not put up data next to other brands in the review, against the prior version ProV1's? Absolutely, but not other brands. Will I share some thoughts against other brands in here? Yes, but I'm not actively going out and recording head to head data right now vs those golf balls.

I urge you all to jump in and participate with whatever Q's or thoughts you have as we go, that is what makes threads and reviews like this fun and engaging.

Now, I'm going to hop back in here in a bit and share my initial thoughts off of both balls (spoiler: they play like ProV1's and ProV1x's, meaning, they're good golf balls!) because there were some interesting happenings, like me cutting the first 1x I put into play...

So, I have a round on the new V1 as well as a round on the new V1x which took place last Friday.

I did record some early data on the course I'll share later for the V1x vs the 2017 version, but I couldn't get more than that due to the senior men's league being out on the course as well and not ever getting any real breathing room to camp out for a bit on a hole as that is where I prefer to do my data collection.

Anyway, for reference, the homepage article WILL be a full review, but for data I have elected to select shots from 50 yards, 100 yards, full swing 7i or 8i, and driver. Additionally, no I will not put up data next to other brands in the review, against the prior version ProV1's? Absolutely, but not other brands. Will I share some thoughts against other brands in here? Yes, but I'm not actively going out and recording head to head data right now vs those golf balls.

I urge you all to jump in and participate with whatever Q's or thoughts you have as we go, that is what makes threads and reviews like this fun and engaging.

Now, I'm going to hop back in here in a bit and share my initial thoughts off of both balls (spoiler: they play like ProV1's and ProV1x's, meaning, they're good golf balls!) because there were some interesting happenings, like me cutting the first 1x I put into play...

Good stuff already!!

Durability? Are they scuffing easy? Are your wedges eating them up or holding up decent?
Is there a noticeable ball flight difference or is it similar to last years models?

That is enough Q's for now.

Golfers tend to be traditional and Titleist also pounds "consistency" into golfer's heads - they control the entire process and it's all about performance AND consistency.

I found the Callaway Chrome Soft to be longer and just as spinny greenside as the 2017 V1x - meaning it has excellent greenside spin. But when Callaway went to graphene, they upped the game for everyone.

Golfers tend to be traditional and Titleist also pounds "consistency" into golfer's heads - they control the entire process and it's all about performance AND consistency.

I found the Callaway Chrome Soft to be longer and just as spinny greenside as the 2017 V1x - meaning it has excellent greenside spin. But when Callaway went to graphene, they upped the game for everyone.

And that is why this years release interests me, the emphasis was clearly on adding tee distance, without sacrificing shortgame, but will it really? We shall see.

Got a round in with the new PV1x today and they performed well even in cold windy conditions, they felt great off the wedges and Putter and just as long as the Snell red or TP5x off the driver for me.

I did notice a well stuck 9 iron scared up the cover, it was off grass and I did take a full divot but still seemed odd.

Going to get out with these again today for one work and if the course is thin enough some data as well.

I do think for full disclosure, I need to address the ball I cut, it was one of the 1x’s and done with a 54* from 107 out of the fairway. This ball had 14 holes on it, I’m going to put another single into play today and try to beat it up, but I’m betting/hoping this was a fluke.

b8c2f1d19b8d40f6819fcca33d043084.jpg

Back