Titleist 2019 ProV1 and ProV1x Golf Balls

Got an email this morning that the Loyalty promotion is back on for this year. National rollout is March 22, but select accounts can place orders as early as March 1. You buy 3 dozen personalized balls and get one dozen free. They are adding AVX to the promotion this year as well.
Take a ride down to the southcoast. I gotcha ya.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm planning on giving the 2019 ProV1 a spin on Saturday. Conditions look like they're going to be a bit wet so I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs!

Played 36 yesterday at Cowboys Golf Club, 18 w/ the Callaway ERC and 18 w/ the Titleist Pro V1. I'll be honest, it's been years since I've played a Titleist (sounds like a commercial I know) but with all the balls out there now, combined with THP reviews and such it's hard to play them all and give them the attention needed. Guy in the proshop recommended the V1 for the flatter ball flight and less spin I always look for. So here's a quick summary:

- I thought the sound of the ball at impact was wonderful. Something about the feedback it gave me but I just seemed to "feel" it more off the club and really knew exactly where contact was made on the club after impact. Can't say that about all the balls I've played over the last year.

- Nice flight. Not too high, not too low. Didn't balloon on me with full shots.

- Loved it off the putter. Again, something about the feedback it gives, soft feel but still has that "click" at contact. Looks to be a very nice combination of both.

- Played the ball in the afternoon round where there was more wind than the AM round but didn't seem to have any issues w/ distance off the tee or into greens. Clubs seemed to be going what I expected which I thought would be the case.

- Ball held up the entire round, no cuts or marks which sometimes is surprising cause my wedges seem to like golf ball covers. Was really nice to see that.

- I was one that actually liked the packaging when the pro brought out the sleeve for me to use. I had not seen it before and it looked sharp, professional and eye catching. Some of the other boxes I see out there look cheap but as most have stated in the thread....it's a box.

I really liked the ball, more than I thought I would. I want a few more rounds with it to play around the greens more but I was encouraged with the spin output I was getting (not crazy) and the real surprise to me was the feedback I got off the club face. Really cool and fun ball it looks like they have this year.

Played 36 yesterday at Cowboys Golf Club, 18 w/ the Callaway ERC and 18 w/ the Titleist Pro V1. I'll be honest, it's been years since I've played a Titleist (sounds like a commercial I know) but with all the balls out there now, combined with THP reviews and such it's hard to play them all and give them the attention needed. Guy in the proshop recommended the V1 for the flatter ball flight and less spin I always look for. So here's a quick summary:

- I thought the sound of the ball at impact was wonderful. Something about the feedback it gave me but I just seemed to "feel" it more off the club and really knew exactly where contact was made on the club after impact. Can't say that about all the balls I've played over the last year.

- Nice flight. Not too high, not too low. Didn't balloon on me with full shots.

- Loved it off the putter. Again, something about the feedback it gives, soft feel but still has that "click" at contact. Looks to be a very nice combination of both.

- Played the ball in the afternoon round where there was more wind than the AM round but didn't seem to have any issues w/ distance off the tee or into greens. Clubs seemed to be going what I expected which I thought would be the case.

- Ball held up the entire round, no cuts or marks which sometimes is surprising cause my wedges seem to like golf ball covers. Was really nice to see that.

- I was one that actually liked the packaging when the pro brought out the sleeve for me to use. I had not seen it before and it looked sharp, professional and eye catching. Some of the other boxes I see out there look cheap but as most have stated in the thread....it's a box.

I really liked the ball, more than I thought I would. I want a few more rounds with it to play around the greens more but I was encouraged with the spin output I was getting (not crazy) and the real surprise to me was the feedback I got off the club face. Really cool and fun ball it looks like they have this year.

you think part of the great sound feedback you experienced was due to the deep milling on the Austin?

you think part of the great sound feedback you experienced was due to the deep milling on the Austin?

Ha-Ha, probably but the other 13 clubs had something to say about that too.

Ha-Ha, probably but the other 13 clubs had something to say about that too.

Gotcha. I was focusing on the “click” bullet point but I missed the higher bullet point about sound as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The not well kept secret is official.
The golf balls are now available in Yellow.

Played on Saturday.....switched to another OEM for one hole just for giggles....switched immediately back on the next hole. Amazing feel and think this is my ball for the rest of the year. Decent round helps too.

My custom "loyalty" order showed up at the course yesterday, so I put the Pro V1 in play for nine holes. Like Nate, I haven't regularly played this ball in forever.

It was a really short sample size so far, but I really like what I was seeing.

Off the putter I really enjoyed the sound/feedback/feel. It seems less clicky than the Z-Star XV, and very similar to the Chromesoft X that I've played for the last 2 years.

Around the greens, I left myself in some really tough spots. Warming up before the round though I was seeing some really good action. Better grab than the XV, and again very similar to the CSX.

Off my irons I was seeing a very nice flight. The ball was flying about where I'd expect, and I had some solid stopping power. I had a couple of wedge opportunities and was able to either rip it back or take some spin off as needed. Because my home course has a couple of short par 3's with severely sloping greens, this is really important for me. They definitely passed this test last night. (One of my shots flew over the pin and lipped out on it's way back)

On the tee, I'd say this might be a hair shorter than the XV but that could easily have just been my swing / the soft conditions. It'll be really interesting to get on the launch monitor in a couple of weeks, and compare some actual numbers I was seeing this winter.

I'll be playing 36 this weekend, and I now have 4 dozen lying around, so there will be plenty more opportunity for feedback.

I was an instant convert from Pro V1x to AVX when the AVX first hit the scene. Kind of figured that would my long-term choice going forward because for whatever reason it seemed noticeably longer in distance (mostly roll-out) off the tee. Plus I prefer yellow golf balls, given the choice.

On a whim I tried a dozen of the 2019 Pro V1x and it's every bit as long as AVX for me. It also seems just a little bit more predictable when it hits the fringe or green from 150+ yards out (my trajectory and spin are very low on 4i, 5i, 6i shots). And it definitely stops a bit quicker on situations like bunker shots to a green that's tilted away (not that I'd ever be so stupid as to be in bunkers *over* the green!).

So back into the Pro V1x fold for me!

So today was funny. A goat track called Silver Dollar was on GolfNow for $11 at 8:20am and my roommate and I grabbed it and went.

Since it’s a average at best course I grabbed 5 ProV1s from my ShagBag and said I’ll save the brand new CS and QSTs for tomorrow and nicer courses.

Obviously this ball shown below is an older version of the ProV1 and I never played the “Elitist” Golf Ball but let me just say this...

Ponder Mode Activated.

b5292433e8725d2bb1327e0549f46cd9.jpg

So today was funny. A goat track called Silver Dollar was on GolfNow for $11 at 8:20am and my roommate and I grabbed it and went.

Since it’s a average at best course I grabbed 5 ProV1s from my ShagBag and said I’ll save the brand new CS and QSTs for tomorrow and nicer courses.

Obviously this ball shown below is an older version of the ProV1 and I never played the “Elitist” Golf Ball but let me just say this...

Ponder Mode Activated.

You should really try the 2019 version, they are great. I play and prefer the ProV1x as I like the higher ball flight, but plenty of spin, handle the wind excellent and great spin into and around the greens. I don't pull them back like @blakehall, but I can get them to hop and stop.

Every time I've tried them I play well with them, but for some reason just never purchase them. I need to put some of the new proV's against some of the other golf balls I normally play, as they should in theory be really good for my game.

Ponder Mode Activated.

The "P" in PB obviously comes from ProvV1

Played V1 today. Just outstanding in the Short game, I’m about a club short on Irons and Tee Game for me is a definite “ No Go”. I just impart too much spin on the ball with my Driver to tame it. I’d guess I’m more of a AVX type of player. Funny, after playing ERC Soft for most of my rounds so far, PV1 felt “Heavy” like I couldn’t compress it.

I will say it’s extremely durable. I hit a couple of trees and a cart path and the ball came practically unscathed.

Have not played with the 19 ProV1x yet. Just picked up 2 dozen. I have played with the 19 Prov1 which I liked very much. Will try out the X and see what i think.

I played the 1X in yellow today. Titleist did very well with the yellow on this ball, easy to follow in the air and see in the grass.
I am really liking the ball flight, maybe just a bit high at times, but getting plenty of distance. On approach shots it is checking nicely into the greens. I had two approach shots that hopped and stopped today. On chips around the green I can get it to check up quick or play for some rollout if needed.

I played the 1X in yellow today. Titleist did very well with the yellow on this ball, easy to follow in the air and see in the grass.
I am really liking the ball flight, maybe just a bit high at times, but getting plenty of distance. On approach shots it is checking nicely into the greens. I had two approach shots that hopped and stopped today. On chips around the green I can get it to check up quick or play for some rollout if needed.

Ditch the X....might help lower the flight of the ball.

Ditch the X....might help lower the flight of the ball.

I tried the regular ProV1 already, couldn't get it up enough. I will take the higher ball flight.

Back