I need to get me one of those. I tried those metallic cubes and they sucked.

I did get a bottle of Bookers for Christmas that I have been enjoying. Quite strong neat and my palate is not what it used to be for the stronger Bourbon.

I would get a few to keep around the house but the wife keeps yelling at me for buying liquor. Haha

Bed bath and beyond has the rubber type ones in singles and two packs for like $12 and with their 20% off it makes sense. I have a couple of them.

Bed bath and beyond has the rubber type ones in singles and two packs for like $12 and with their 20% off it makes sense. I have a couple of them.
That's much more reasonable. Those cubes are expensive and I don't think they work well at all.

Kinda wanna get the Death Star makers I have seen. Haha

That's much more reasonable. Those cubes are expensive and I don't think they work well at all.

Yeah those are cool. Most of the spheres are not great. Still cloudy, etc. look cool though.

Yeah those are cool. Most of the spheres are not great. Still cloudy, etc. look cool though.
I'm sure they are. Getting them crystal clear had to be a PITA. I'll probably just find a normal one and get that.

May have picked up some Jefferson's reserve Groth Reserve Cask Finish last night. Dangit hickerad.
I approve! What did you think of it?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they are. Getting them crystal clear had to be a PITA. I'll probably just find a normal one and get that.

The guy at work who gave me this one is driving himself insane trying to get them to be crystal clear haha

I approve! What did you think of it?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Smooth and tasty!

The guy at work who gave me this one is driving himself insane trying to get them to be crystal clear haha

Smooth and tasty!
Haha. No way I would be that particular.

On my way to Nashville to hit the whiskey trail! We've got a pretty good lineup planned. I'll post some reports on some of the newer small distilleries...though the reports may get more incoherent as the day goes on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my way to Nashville to hit the whiskey trail! We've got a pretty good lineup planned. I'll post some reports on some of the newer small distilleries...though the reports may get more incoherent as the day goes on...

This is good stuff! Are you doing all of them? I've been to Maker's Mark more times then i can count, Four Roses, Woodford Reserve, and Buffalo Trace. Drove past Wild Turkey but didn't stop.

This is good stuff! Are you doing all of them? I've been to Maker's Mark more times then i can count, Four Roses, Woodford Reserve, and Buffalo Trace. Drove past Wild Turkey but didn't stop.

i thought they were all in Kentucky not Tennessee? JD i know is there

i thought they were all in Kentucky not Tennessee? JD i know is there

Well I guess that's the bourbon trail then. JD is cool then go to Dickel down the road to see how small operations work.

Hey just thought i would share i found this app called Distiller on android not sure if iphone has it . It has ratings and reviews from average users and from experts on most whiskeys. i use it to see what profiles i like and for a reference if i find something i dont really know about.

A friend of mine went to the Maker's Mark distillery. He brought me back a personally hand-dipped bottle of whiskey with the wax seal and all. That was back in 1995 and I still haven't opened it yet. Gonna have to be an awesome occasion for that one!

I tried Knappogue Castle, Irish whiskey, the other day .... Oh so nice!

Just tried Aushentochen 12 year and was unimpressed

Hi there.

c97a227f846a2c184c36c57b3ae12bdc.jpg

So a guy at work gave me the glenfarclas 25 to try and holy cow. Very very good.

Agreed on the cubes, bought the highest rates ones on Amazon and they pretty much suck. I've got a Makers Mark sphere maker that doesn't work very well, maybe I'll snag a rubber one soon to see if it works a bit better.

Hey just thought i would share i found this app called Distiller on android not sure if iphone has it . It has ratings and reviews from average users and from experts on most whiskeys. i use it to see what profiles i like and for a reference if i find something i dont really know about.

You can get to this site on a laptop or desk top computer as well. Just enter www.distiller.com. It's a pretty interesting site. I'll admit though that in reading their top rated whiskeys for February, I've never heard, nor seen any of them, and am not likely to find any of them in my small town. But, it's cool to poke around on the site.

Edit: I did see there that there is an app for iPhones as well as Android.

Agreed on the cubes, bought the highest rates ones on Amazon and they pretty much suck. I've got a Makers Mark sphere maker that doesn't work very well, maybe I'll snag a rubber one soon to see if it works a bit better.

I have an extra one you can have. it works ok. pm me your address I'll mail it to you.

Yes sir, put me in your 4-some - hahaha! Bourbon and golf, now that's livin'.

For everyone who likes elijah craig 12 year i guess they are going to a No Age statement small batch. i would go out and check your stores and read the back if it has a sentence that says it was aged for 12 years grab it. these are going to be no more, bummer i did like this.

As a present to myself for a few things that happened recently I decided to get this.

364080cc2b49ead65de5e4acbed6b38c.jpg

Makers Mark!

As a present to myself for a few things that happened recently I decided to get this.

364080cc2b49ead65de5e4acbed6b38c.jpg

Ohh baby. I love my Quinta Ruban 12 year. I can imagine that 18 is really a treat

Never had Buffalo Trace before tonight, Wowwww. For the price I don't think I've had anything better

Back