The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, my brain can be such a giant douche.

I know it's human nature to fill in the blanks where appropriate, but it gets you nowhere fast. I can't believe I haven't genuinely learned that yet.

No sir, but remember this rule that we always talk about with equipment.
Get the right information first. :D

The hits keep coming today.

Now my wife may not have a job after-all when she finishes residency in June as the hospital may be shutting down their labor department.

Thanks oil prices. Thanks government.

I'm on the cusp of losing my mind. I cannot be more serious about that right now.

Now my wife may not have a job after-all when she finishes residency in June as the hospital may be shutting down their labor department.

I'm on the cusp of losing my mind. I cannot be more serious about that right now.

Don't lose your mind. Deep breath.
Now saying that, that sucks royally, but she is talented and FL is right here.

Don't lose your mind. Deep breath.
Now saying that, that sucks royally, but she is talented and FL is right here.

Terrifyingly, out of state may become the only option soon.

All we have worked toward, all we have secured, all we have tried to do to provide for our daughter the rest of her life, and now we are hit with this. The rug is WAY out from under the feet and I mean this, I am terrified right now.

All we have worked toward, all we have secured, all we have tried to do to provide for our daughter the rest of her life, and now we are hit with this. The rug is WAY out from under the feet and I mean this, I am terrified right now.

Just remember two things.

1. Preparation brings knowledge and experience
2. You have friends that care.

sorry to hear this. You guys will figure it out

Stiff neck. I need a muscle relaxer.

Jman, if just moving is a concern, hit up any of us old military types that did it a dozen times in 20+ years. Especially, find someone with a spouse that worked in a job like that and how they handled moving. My wife could do whatever, or not, so I can't tell you anything specifically from a spouse's job hunting perspective. T2 maybe?

Sucks balls having that happen, though.

I looked up at the clock thinking it had to be about time to leave, and it was only a little after 2. Its been a long two weeks at work about to be short-handed.

I hate having to go into cone of silence about all things Master's and having to wait until tonight around 8:00 to watch it on DVR. At least tomorrow I'll be able to follow coverage live most all day.

That's rough Jman, I'm sure the thought of leaving family there is awful. But I have no doubt ya'll will be happy no matter where you land, your little princess will make sure of it.

Sorry to hear this James. The Doc is marketable anywhere after she completes residency and I have no doubt that IF you guys had to move that both of you will be able to provide for your daughter without a problem.

The world is a scary place when you think about your loved ones! My kids and especially my grand kids are constantly in my thoughts as to their futures. I can only imagine what you are going thru, good luck and stay strong!

Sorry to hear that, Jman. Hoping for the best for you all.

I hate this.

I don't know what to say to make my wife feel more confident about it all, but I can't just let her be down for a month before we know.

Everything was setting up so nicely, a town we want, me with my coaching again, her with a potentially great practice, Lotte near our families, and now? Shite.

I hate this.

I don't know what to say to make my wife feel more confident about it all, but I can't just let her be down for a month before we know.

Everything was setting up so nicely, a town we want, me with my coaching again, her with a potentially great practice, Lotte near our families, and now? Shite.

No idea on the backstory here, but hope everything turns out fine for you and your family.

Best wishes.

I hate this.

Sounds like you need to meet me at Winstar in a week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Take care James. What looks dark now could turn out to be a wonderful adventure. My wife and I have moved with our girls multiple times, initially with a lot angst but in the end the journey and experience made our life's richer. Focus on what can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
james that is absolutely terrifying. it sounds like your wife has a wonderful profession that can land her a great job, even if it's not where you have worked so hard to settle. and if florida has an abundance of anything, it's a need for excellent health care professionals.

James it's tough to see now, but this will make you guys stronger as a family. Sure plans were made, but you two are talented and having to adjust will be a blip on the radar when it's done.

You guys have a beautiful daughter and each other, everything else will work out

my heart is broken right now for a client. i want to vent about it, but just know that life is beautiful, but it can be terrible also. we are told that "God will never give you more than you can handle." that isn't in the bible, and i see people get heaped on in ways that shocking, depressing, and sickening. i can't even think straight knowing what this poor woman has and is now dealing with. there really seems to be a lack of purpose to everything sometimes.

my heart is broken right now for a client. i want to vent about it, but just know that life is beautiful, but it can be terrible also. we are told that "God will never give you more than you can handle." that isn't in the bible, and i see people get heaped on in ways that shocking, depressing, and sickening. i can't even think straight knowing what this poor woman has and is now dealing with. there really seems to be a lack of purpose to everything sometimes.

Watch this persons character shine through, you feel bad because you respect this person and I highly doubt you will be anything less then inspired by how they come through on the other side. Strong people of character are great role models.

Jman - While the current moment and wait may really suck, you all have a ton to be thankful for, and none of those great things depend on what zip code you reside in. You and your wonderful wife will be in demand somewhere, and your beautiful healthy daughter will be fine as long as it's with mom and dad. Just do your best to be supportive and make the best out of whatever the result. We'll do our best to keep your mind off of it next weekend, but lean on your THP family for the frustrations so you can be a rock for your ladies.

Jman, you and the doc are both bright, strong people. It's been rough lately, but you guys will make it through.

Bonus #1: You have that adorable little lady at home.
Bonus #2: You'll get to see your other fun family in a week.

Month and a half, when it rains it pours dude... I've had worse, best friend is a doctor and is on my team he heckled me out, just gonna be stiff for a little but can play through it.... I've played through worse lol... We did win so that's a plus, and had a 5 point night (3G 2a)

That's a hockey player..get better soon.

Congrats on the hat trick
Hats-on-the-ice-clean-up.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back