Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

Titleist Introduces New Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls
Engineered for More Speed 2019 Models Provide Improved Tee-To-Green Performance with New High Optic Yellow Color Option

FAIRHAVEN, Mass (Jan. 23, 2019) – Faster from core to cover, the new Titleist Pro V1and Pro V1x golf balls have been designed to leave the clubface with more ball speed and lower long game spin for more distance, while providing the best short game control to help golfers shoot lower scores.

The advancements of 2019 Pro V1 and Pro V1x, now available in golf shops worldwide,underscore the Titleist R&D and Operations teams’ relentless mission to continuously improve the best performing, most consistent golf balls in the game.

2019_Pro%20V1_ProV1x_Group_1-XL.jpg

“When we set out to develop the 2019 models, we found that golfers at every level are extraordinarily satisfied with the performance of their Pro V1 or Pro V1x. At the same time,golfers keep telling us they would still like more distance – as long as they don’t have to give anything else up,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Golf Ball Marketing.“Through the prototyping process, our chemists and engineers discovered a way to cast an even thinner urethane cover, and therefore increase the percentage of speed enhancing materials in the overall construction. Pro V1 and Pro V1x are now even faster,as a result, all while maintaining the scoring performance and feel characteristics that golfers demand from these golf balls.”

2019 PRO V1 & PRO V1x TECHNOLOGY:
Innovations in Titleist’s industry-leading multi component technology and precision manufacturing process have combined to deliver the most advanced Pro V1 and Pro V1x models yet – available for the first time in both white and high optic yellow:

• 17% thinner cast Urethane Elastomer cover system delivers more ballspeed. The advancement of Titleist’s thermoset urethane casting technology has allowed our engineers to cast a thinner layer of the proprietary cover formulation, developed exclusively for Pro V1 and Pro V1x, while retaining its trusted Drop-and-Stop™ greenside control and soft feel.
  • Faster ionomeric casing layer increases ball speed and lowers long game spin. Beneath the thinner cover, the speed enhancing casing layer hasthickened by 14% on Pro V1 and 11% on Pro V1x, creating higher ballspeeds with lower driver and long game spin.
  • New 2.0 ZG Process Cores are formulated for more distance. The outermost portions of the solid core Pro V1 and dual core Pro V1x have increased in stiffness while maintaining their soft centers, creating faster engines with higher ball speed and lower long game spin.

INTRODUCING PRO V1 AND PRO V1x YELLOW: The improved performance of 2019 Pro V1 and Pro V1x will also have a new preference option: High optic yellow. Following a tour seeding and validation period in early 2019, the new high visibility color option will be available in golf shops beginning March 15.

2019_Pro%20V1_Balls_Group-XL.jpg

“As the demand for yellow Pro V1 and Pro V1x started to grow, our material scientists got to work on what we knew would be a significant R&D undertaking,” Mahoney said. “The performance and durability characteristics of our cast urethane are the best in the industry. It’s because we formulate and manufacture the cover ourselves that we are able to control the material with such precision and consistency. While it may seem pretty straightforward, recreating those properties in yellow required a new and complex chemistry with considerable iteration until we got it just right.”

CHOOSING BETWEEN PRO V1 AND PRO V1x: When it comes to choosing between the total performance of Pro V1 and Pro V1x, golfers will notice similar differences in flight,feel and spin as the prior generation models. Both Pro V1 and Pro V1x deliver increased ball speed and lower long game spin for maximum distance, consistent flight, Drop-and Stop™ short game control and long-lasting durability. Pro V1 provides optimal flight and spin for most golfers, flying lower than Pro V1x with a penetrating trajectory, with very soft feel. Pro V1x flies higher, spins more on iron shots and has a slightly firmer feel.

PRECISION MANUFACTURING: The continued investment in advanced technology and quality control at Titleist Ball Plants 3 and 4 – where every Pro V1 and Pro V1x are manufactured by Titleist associates to the industry’s highest performance and quality specifications – ensures that every new generation of Pro V1 and Pro V1x are the best performing and most consistent models ever. Consistency from ball to ball, and dozen to dozen, a founding principal of the Titleist golf ball business, is critical to allowing golfers to consistently execute the same types of shots, round after round.

2019_Pro%20V1_Pro%20V1x_Dozens_On%20Grass-XL.jpg

PLAYER VALIDATION: The introduction of new Pro V1 and Pro V1x in November 2018 across the worldwide tours resulted in immediate validation and success. Playing new ProV1 for the first time in competition, Charles Howell III won the RSM Classic in a sudden death playoff for his first PGA Tour victory in 11 years. Howell, who made the switch from 2017 Pro V1x, shot a final-nine 31 that included birdies on three of his final four holes to make the playoff.

“The 2019 Pro V1 for me is a home run,” Howell said. “I’m getting all the ball speed I had with the prior generation Pro V1x and more. Plus, the new Pro V1 feels softer to me around the green, which I prefer. Ball speed off the driver is a pretty hard and fast measurable whereas touch and feel around the green is player dependent. I go through a fairly rigorous testing process when it comes to new equipment, but it did not take long for me to put this ball into play seeing it gives me the best of both worlds.”

Howell is one of more than 60 players that have put new Pro V1 and Pro V1x in play around the world since the tour seeding and validation process began:

• Cameron Smith won the Australian PGA Championship playing new Pro V1x, making three birdies on the final nine to win by two shots.
  • Brian Harman (new Pro V1) and Patton Kizzire (new Pro V1x) put 2019 models in play for the first time at the two-man QBE Shootout, where they teamed up to win by one shot with a 30-under total.
  • The first victory for the 2019 models came on the Japan Tour, where Tatsunori Nukaga played new Pro V1x to win the VISA Taiheiyo Masters. It also marked the first professional victory for Nukaga, who won by two shots over Seung-Hyuk Kim (who also played 2019Pro V1x). Two weeks later, Ho-Sun Choi earned his second Japan Tour victory playing new Pro V1x at the Casio World Open.

PRO V1 TECHNOLOGY: 2019 Pro V1 is a three-piece, multi-component technology with a thinner cast Urethane Elastomer cover system, faster ionomeric casing layer, new 2.0ZG Process Core and spherically-tiled 352 tetrahedral dimple design.

PRO V1x TECHNOLOGY: Pro V1x is a four-piece, multi-component technology with a thinner cast Urethane Elastomer cover system, faster ionomeric casing layer, new 2.0 ZG process dual core and spherically-tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design.

AVAILABILITY: The new 2019 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls will be available in golf shops beginning Jan. 23, 2018, with the high optic yellow models available March 15. $47.99MAP.

• Staff
This one is much anticipated by many, the YELLOW ProV's!

Also, I have the new V1 and V1x in for review and got them out for an intro session on Monday, I'll have some thoughts on them soon enough to add in here!

Also, I have the new V1 and V1x in for review and got them out for an intro session on Monday, I'll have some thoughts on them soon enough to add in here!

Love that yellow coming! Was wondering if this was what you were trying with the F9. Excited to hear about how the new improvements work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to trying these out. I used to be a big fan of the X and not so much the ProV1. In the last 3 years, I have changed preferences to the ProV1. Likely due to decreasing swing speed as the X feels harder to me than it used to and the ProV1 seems to fly father then it used to with a better feel for me.

• Staff
Oh, heeeeeeeeyyyy...

DSC_0453-L.jpg

Well this is very interesting. I've always been a ProV1x person, but it seems like I need to reanalyze that now. Looking forward to your posts on these Jman.

I like the yellow. And who doesn’t want more distance without losing greenside performance? If the balls perform as advertised, this looks good.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts James- would absolutely love to hear some results in head to head vs the 2018 model if you have the opportunity. I just can't wrap my brain around how Titleist keeps making it better year after year. It's a great ball, no doubt about it. But how much better than last years? Can't wait to hear more.

• Staff
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts James- would absolutely love to hear some results in head to head vs the 2018 model if you have the opportunity. I just can't wrap my brain around how Titleist keeps making it better year after year. It's a great ball, no doubt about it. But how much better than last years? Can't wait to hear more.

Well as a matter of fact, on Monday I bought another sleeve of the previous model, V1 and V1x of course....

I got you dude!

I like the new box design, and adding yellow balls into the mix should please many people!!

I still find it weird that the proV1x is the high spin ball now. Since they are higher compression I understand the higher launch, but the higher spin with irons has my head scratching. Will not be surprised if more of the tour staff moves to the V model.

This is an exciting release. The V1x has been a very solid performer, but it may have just trailed others in driver distance for me. Will absolutely test these. Look forward to your thoughts!

I still find it weird that the proV1x is the high spin ball now. Since they are higher compression I understand the higher launch, but the higher spin with irons has my head scratching. Will not be surprised if more of the tour staff moves to the V model.

This (the spin thing, in the long irons/clubs) has been a misconception for some time now. This is the same billing the V1x has gotten since at least 2013, but for some reason the average golfer has always had it backwards.

Aerodynamics and dimple patters play a huge role. The V1x is designed to be that higher flying, more peak height, steeper descent into greens ball. It fits a large segment of amateur golfers too, particularly those playing less spinny irons that can use a steeper descent.

Finally, a yellow Pro V. About time Titleist.

I mean, I'm sure it's a great ball and as we know as a super strong following. I'll possibly pick up a sleeve to try.

Another thing, great box design. It was due for a strong remodel, will look very clean and fresh on shelves.

The one thing that has stopped me playing the Pro V1 in the past is a lack of yellow ball. I fear my wallet may be about to take a big hit!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This (the spin thing, in the long irons/clubs) has been a misconception for some time now. This is the same billing the V1x has gotten since at least 2013, but for some reason the average golfer has always had it backwards.

I know that is has been like this for awhile, but usually when I think X ball, I think lower spin higher compression.

Even though I know the X designation has changed throughout the market and is no longer consistent. Callaway X is higher spin, MTB Red is higher spin while Taylormade and Srixon the X ball is lower spin. Bridgestone I think with their 4 urethane balls has each portion of the segement covered, but I still don't know why I associate with prov1x with higher swing speeds/low spin and prov1 with higher spin.

I know that is has been like this for awhile, but usually when I think X ball, I think lower spin higher compression.

Even though I know the X designation has changed throughout the market and is no longer consistent. Callaway X is higher spin, MTB Red is higher spin while Taylormade and Srixon the X ball is lower spin. Bridgestone I think with their 4 urethane balls has each portion of the segement covered, but I still don't know why I associate with prov1x with higher swing speeds/low spin and prov1 with higher spin.

To be fair, there no industry standard for anything really, and Titleist has been doing it longer than the rest of those brands in general and with their naming conventions.

To be fair, there no industry standard for anything really, and Titleist has been doing it longer than the rest of those brands in general and with their naming conventions.

Very true. There is nothing standard in the industry. Club length being the one that still blows my mind.

Finally a Yellow ProV1X!!! :clapp: I will try both models, but will probably stick with the X as I get a great flight and love the bit of extra spin around the green. Will definitely play both models since new just to check out.
Looking forward to your thoughts on these Jman.

Great!

Looking forward to the March Loyalty 4 for 3 program!

Yellow ProV1x.

Titleist really goes all out to sell "Consistency." Works on me - always pick up 4 dz in March

Last edited:
I messed around with the ProV1 last year a few rounds and it was cool. Nothing that I didn't expect and just a very good overall golf ball. No complaints with it really.

Interesting they say they are available now. I asked when the new version would be in at a local shop last Thursday and was told maybe February. I would like to buy the yellow ones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Interesting they say they are available now. I asked when the new version would be in at a local shop last Thursday and was told maybe February. I would like to buy the yellow ones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You can get the new ones on line now at the Titleist store. The white ones, the yellow isn't available until March.

Back