2019 Odyssey Broomstick Putters

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

Well, this is, as Austie said, one of the first new broomstick putters since the anchoring ban a few years back. Hopefully those who like this style can get back into it and make some more putts and have more fun playing the game.

Great options by odyssey - definitely a market segment for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll pass on this but again will try it for fun in the local golf shop. If they could tie in to the Harry Potter franchise and somehow ride that while playing Quidditch, I’m all in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good move for the Odyssey brand to embrace alternative putting technique styles.
Comparing the broom stick to arm lock methods, I expect most players would find arm lock relatively easy, and that broom stick requires more practice time.

Slightly confused by this. I just don't see the point with the ban in place and everyone apparently wanting to play like the pros. People don't even believe the pros using putters like this aren't cheating.

Slightly confused by this. I just don't see the point with the ban in place and everyone apparently wanting to play like the pros. People don't even believe the pros using putters like this aren't cheating.

I agree, but, there’s a segment for it.

I’m betting very very low numbers released though initially.

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I guess I don't understand the point of a putter like this when you can't anchor, it seems tougher to control.

The 2 Ball head with Microhinge is pretty awesome though.

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I guess I don't understand the point of a putter like this when you can't anchor, it seems tougher to control.

Several pros using it “without anchoring”, so I’m sure interest has grown from those that used to broomstick

Lol, a bit early for April fools no? Awful putter.

Several pros using it “without anchoring”, so I’m sure interest has grown from those that used to broomstick

Yep, just wear oversized shirts and say your not anchoring, lol. At least that’s what I think a certain someone on the senior tour does.

Any idea if these will be available in left hand? I'm actually interested in the arm lock version but figured the option for lefties would be available in both these models if offered!?!?
Finding a left-handed arm lock that doesn't cost $400 + seem as rare as hen's teeth!

Back