2019 Odyssey Armlock Putters

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

Great to have more options out there. I'm sure some golfers will rejoice and hopefully lower some scores and have more fun.

Not for me, but a nice addition for those who want to anchor the putter to the arm.

Considering that Kuchar, DeChambeau, and Webb Simpson putt very well using arm-lock technique, I expect more Tour players to follow their lead.

Something I would like to try out.

Great to have more options out there. I'm sure some golfers will rejoice and hopefully lower some scores and have more fun.

Agreed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd definitely give one a shot.

Looks good to me, I will try one for sure!

That looks like an awkward style but I’ll give it a shot when they hit the local PGA Superstore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes way more sense than the Broomstick. We didn't hear anything about this one at The Grandaddy but I actually would have been very tempted to give it a try if it was an option. I'm really curious how it would impact my putting stats, especially on short putts.

I'd be curious to know how these move. Seeing more and more guys go with that method of putting, and playing rather well doing so.

The way I've seen some players use these longer shafted putters they do not all appear to be arm locking. I wonder if it is possible to get different loft options? These putters come with 7º of loft and I do not see an option on the Odyssey site to customize this.

I could see how a longer putter might help keeping the wrist out of play and lie/shaft parallel with your forearm, without necessarily forward pressing and arm locking it. Also plays into some of the weight and balancing thoughts.

Back