THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

No bribing for me. But every team has to have a goof ball. Right? :clown: My game is a joke so that will keep everyone laughing. I Will practice my butt off when ever I can though.

Even though Friday will be 50....it's going to be a swamp fest. Looking forward to rooting on Gunner at the show Friday afternoon / evening in his long drive bid. Plus, even though the show kinda stinks I'll be grabbing some discount coupons for various local courses, maybe some other crap I probably don't need etc. Since I'm not Gunner long I'll try my hand at the hole in one thingy. Didn't have a good showing last year (2-3'. Year before that was 1/4" and the damn ball didn't fall.) Crazy.

If anyone wants to join Gunner and I Friday afternoon / evening we will be there till close. Mikedean441....need anything? Admission? Balls? Tees? Beers at the show?....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though Friday will be 50....it's going to be a swamp fest. Looking forward to rooting on Gunner at the show Friday afternoon / evening in his long drive bid. Plus, even though the show kinda stinks I'll be grabbing some discount coupons for various local courses, maybe some other crap I probably don't need etc. Since I'm not Gunner long I'll try my hand at the hole in one thingy. Didn't have a good showing last year (2-3'. Year before that was 1/4" and the damn ball didn't fall.) Crazy.

If anyone wants to join Gunner and I Friday afternoon / evening we will be there till close. Mikedean441....need anything? Admission? Balls? Tees? Beers at the show?....

Id normally be at the show as well but I have the RTJ event this weekend, have fun fellas and good luck with the bomber contest Gunner

Id normally be at the show as well but I have the RTJ event this weekend, have fun fellas and good luck with the bomber contest Gunner

Ahhhh forgot bout that! God luck to you as well! I have faith in my potential captain!

Sorry beags, I'm going with these guys:

Merino Marauders
Captain - tadashi70
Dhartmann34
IceyShanks
mikedean441
e1iterate
mmaynard11
Sox Fan
JohnSinVA
Just_Hacking
OITW
jhoefer99
amsmith61

Just in case you missed it.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks until the captains picks are made...

Question: This is a regional rivalry, and you may or not make the team, in what ways do you plan on helping or supporting the team?

Myslef, I plan on playing a bunch with MusicMaster, and helping where I can for him to prepare for the different formats. Talk about his game with him if he wants, basically help him or any member of #TeamMichigan that I can.

Its going to take a team to win this thing, and I'm going to help in any way that I can!

If we have 20 guys with that mindset this will be an even more fun 4 months!

Question: This is a regional rivalry, and you may or not make the team, in what ways do you plan on helping or supporting the team?

Myslef, I plan on playing a bunch with MusicMaster, and helping where I can for him to prepare for the different formats. Talk about his game with him if he wants, basically help him or any member of #TeamMichigan that I can.

Its going to take a team to win this thing, and I'm going to help in any way that I can!

I played with and helped PhillyV prep for the Gauntlet and look what happened. :alien:

I'm all for prep and practice and playing formats that the contestants will see during the event, even if I'm not involved. That's about the only thing I can do considering I'm always active on the forum haha.

I dont have a vote, but I am openly rooting for you to make the team.
Call that favoritism or anything else, but it is what it is.

Any of the Michigan guys that are in, or guys hoping to get in care to share their indexes?

A new day is upon us, hopefully the prep continues to those on teams and those still vying for the remaining spots

I worked on shoveling snow with a 1-plane swing & making sure my hips were open before the shovel impact. Does that count?

I played with and helped PhillyV prep for the Gauntlet and look what happened. :alien:

I'm all for prep and practice and playing formats that the contestants will see during the event, even if I'm not involved. That's about the only thing I can do considering I'm always active on the forum haha.

Colin, if you don't mind sharing - how did you help PhillyV prep for the Gauntlet? What exactly did you guys do? Other than play practice rounds, I'm trying to think of what I can do to help team OH guys prepare for competition.

Colin, if you don't mind sharing - how did you help PhillyV prep for the Gauntlet? What exactly did you guys do? Other than play practice rounds, I'm trying to think of what I can do to help team OH guys prepare for competition.

Pretty much just that. We played a few match play rounds against each other leading up to it.

Well said buddy. I plan to help by playing practice rounds with the team members, offering some advice for formats that others might not have played before, maybe offering some swing tips if I'm asked and feel I can help, and just generally encouraging a good group of guys. Oh and by talking trash to Ohio. I REALLY hope to get to do that in person on the course, but if not, thats what the internet and keyboards are for right...

A Team Michigan just seems incomplete without Michigan Slice

A Team Michigan just seems incomplete without Michigan Slice

I agree ....i mean if your have your state name in your name you should be automatically in right :wavey:

Well said buddy. I plan to help by playing practice rounds with the team members, offering some advice for formats that others might not have played before, maybe offering some swing tips if I'm asked and feel I can help, and just generally encouraging a good group of guys. Oh and by talking trash to Ohio. I REALLY hope to get to do that in person on the course, but if not, thats what the internet and keyboards are for right...

Michigan Slice definitely knows what the keyboards are for. However I admire his plan and stance on trying to help prepare himself and his team.

I will be practicing. A lot. Gunner and I have been playing 9 holes of match play a week after our normal round on Friday. (He is pretty good in match play). As far as the rest of the team, I'm always open to playing some practice rounds in different formats. Generally, I'm just going to try and get to know THP and everyone on both teams better. Understand their game (online and on course) and assist as much as they'd like me to.

I've already chatted with Certifi_able. We are gonna play match play, alternate shot and Modified Pinehurst to help him practice. If I make the team via one of the captains picks then the practice with Certifi_able will help me as well.

I will work with anyone on their game from formats to course management or any other aspect they want help working on.

My own prep will continue as it was never about prepping for this event it was to become the best player I can be.

Any of the Michigan guys that are in, or guys hoping to get in care to share their indexes?

I'm sitting at an 18 after last season planning on that dropping

Sure, I'm just a hopeful at this point, but 4.5 at the moment and stuck there until spring.

I have no official handicap, but I listed 23.

I will have an official US Handicap, where mine can be verified once the winter breaks.

thanks fellas!

Back