What’s in my bag for 2019, subject to change....

Mikej2

Reaction score
Handicap
Here is what is currently in my bag. In 2018 I don’t recall playing a single round of golf, but I did manage to swap a few clubs out. Problem is that I have no real idea how far I hit any of these so I plan to get the distances dialed in and to hopefully play some golf this year.

With that said, does anyone see any obvious gaps or overlap in these clubs? I’ve got some alternates penciled in, I’m unsure about the wedges, and I think I have some overlap between the hybrids and longer irons. I like the Vokeys, but realistically haven’t really gotten too comfortable with them. I like the matched set-wedges, but I can see swapping them out. The alternates ATV wedges I have not hit yet, bought used but in good condition, so I don’t know yet how they compare with the similar lofted Rocketbladz wedges. I can see adding two Vokeys to the bag and swapping out the TM wedges. Or I might just be suffering from analysis paralysis coupled with the snowy winter no-golf blues.

Feel free to comment, or not. Tonight I’ll be shoveling Wisconsin snow, and I’m not looking forward to the near/below zero degree F temps forecast for Friday. I do have a few clubs posted locally for sale and if they don’t sell soon I’ll be trading them in for something at the local Golf Galaxy (not sure what yet).

Anyway, hello, sorting out my bag and looking for opinions. ��

In The Bag + alternates
{1} Taylormade R15 driver 12* S-flex
_____ 460cc, 57*-61* lie, 45.5" long, D4 swing weight
{2} TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3HL 16.5*
{3} Taylormade M2 Rescue 3H 19*
{4} Taylormade M2 Rescue 4H 22*

TaylorMade RocketBladz irons 5-9,PW,AW,SW
{5a} 5-23*
{6} 6-26.5*
{7} 7-30.5*
{8} 8-35*
{9} 9-40*
{10} PW-45*
{11} AW-50*
{12b} SW-55*
{12a} Titleist Vokey SM4 54-11 54*
{13a} Titleist Vokey SM4 60-07 60*
{14} Ping Kirsten 1959 Craz-E putter 35"

{3b} Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3H 19*
{4b} Cobra Amp 4H 22*
{5b} TaylorMade Burner Rescue 5H 25*
{12c} TM ATV 56*
{13b} TM ATV 60*

Last edited:
I just noticed a whole WITB section, this should probably migrate to there if it doesn’t belong here. Oops, Mulligan?????

Hey, Mikej2, we need to change that in 2019! I'm in downtown Milwaukee, but most of the courses I play are right off I-43 (Fire Ridge, The Bog, The Bull, etc.). I'd be happy to play a round with a fellow WI THPer.

Are you bagging the set SW and the Vokey?

Be safe out there! We just got hammered with snow the last 24 hours.

I’ve got the overlaps noted as a or b or c, so either the Vokey or the set’s wedge but not both. I work near Oakwood Park golf course so i can go there to sort out the clubs better once the sand and grass thaws out in the spring.

I’ve played Hawthorne Hills a few times in the past, been to a non-golfing wedding reception at Fireridge, and drive past the Bog weekly (way out of my golf budget range �� ).

The end of this week is supposed to be below zero, too cold to whack snowballs in the back yard but I can still practice putting inside the house.

I did a little horse-trading, sold some clubs, then traded in some and picked up a Taylormade Hi-toe 60degree wedge (seems like it will work for me).
Updated the signature line and sidelined the alternates until I get some range time to sort out my distances.

I did get a close look at the GAPR line during lunch today. I didn’t hit any of them, I’m waiting for some practice time to begin to get my swing back into practice before I go embarass myself in the demo bays.

Looks like a solid setup. Good luck with your season (if it ever gets warm enough for you to play)!

Everything!!!

The temps “warmed up” to -13degF/-25degC today 8). Supposed to be in the 40’s this weekend. Spring is just around the corner, and hiding behind the freezer.

I bought a used 2009 Cleveland 5-wood a few days ago. I’ve been wanting to have one as a reserve club and to experiment with on the driving range (whenever they open up for the grass ranges). It should be interesting to see how it compares to my 3-wood and the hybrids for me.

Last edited:
Did a little putting practice in the living room tonight, two older and one newer Ping.
U7F2D5v.jpg

Back