THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Going to be an interesting two weeks. Everyone is on equal footing can't wait to see 6 stand out and get selected for this one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You got that right. I guess you and I have to earn our pay now :)

Ok ya'll its down to 3 from each side. The marathon continues. I'm sure there are a few dealing with disappointment, frustration, or maybe a little bitter. The next 13 days are going to show both Ron and I who wants to join our teams. If it's not something you really want let us know. Cause I'm sure there at at least 6 THPers amongst us that want a chance defending their turf, entering the HOF, and earning that awesome MVP trip!

I hope no one is bitter about not getting selected, sometimes the chips fall in other people's favor and not ours.

im happy for whoever gets in because I know both regions will be repped well and led by a couple awesome dudes.

Last edited:
I am so pumped to be apart of this event. It means a lot to me to be able to make some friends as soon as I'm down in NC. I won't have any old friends down there but I'm sure I'll have some new friends pretty quickly. I'm going to put in a lot of work before this event and be the best golfer I can be. This will be my first competitive event and I can't wait to represent NC!

Bitter no, disappointed yes. But I can guarantee I will be working as hard as anyone to get in this event! Everyone else better step up because I will be bringing it!

I hope old no one is bitter about not getting selected, sometimes the chips fall in other people's favor and not ours.

im happy for whoever gets in because I know both regions will be repped well and led by a couple awesome dudes.
Right there with you Trouter...no bitterness or #butthurt here.

Im honestly thrilled for the four that made it in. Two very good friends and While I haven't met Huhh or CK yet, they have both exhibited the true meaning of THP from everything I've read from them.

The Captains picks are up next, and I certainly won't slow down my enthusiasm to get in, only amp it up more. They have a tough job ahead of them. My goal is to make at least one pick be a no brainer!!

Looking at the course... it's almost like it was designed with my game in mind. Now... obviously yardage book maps are one thing and the slopes and things are another, but... so far... the course excites me!

Looking at the course... it's almost like it was designed with my game in mind. Now... obviously yardage book maps are one thing and the slopes and things are another, but... so far... the course excites me!

The course looks amazing. Don't think I will get to play it beforehand, but I will study it at least before playing.

I woke up today excited about this event. Is it July yet? I am looking forward to seeing how the teams fill out.

Disappointed for sure but I'm fortunate enough to have something to look forward to this coming weekend, with the opportunity to face off against Jeff Spicoli and the #WoolWarriors. I intend to grind away at my game and let the chips fall where they may.

On a side note, any of you Carolinians who wish to improve their odds of being a captain's pick, I would be happy to kneecap the aforementioned Jeff Spicoli and get your side a fourth choice. :sinister:

Of course I kid, I would do no such thing (PM me with your best propositions, all offers will be considered :devil: )

:alien2:

Rain today, hopefully the sims at Golfsmith are vacant :D

Last edited:
Ok ya'll its down to 3 from each side. The marathon continues. I'm sure there are a few dealing with disappointment, frustration, or maybe a little bitter. The next 13 days are going to show both Ron and I who wants to join our teams. If it's not something you really want let us know. Cause I'm sure there at at least 6 THPers amongst us that want a chance defending their turf, entering the HOF, and earning that awesome MVP trip!

I think the word you are looking for is DETERMINED!

For the first 8 selected. Now that you know for sure you are in, will you change your practice habits or continue with what you have been doing? I know weather has been a factor but has your mindset changed towards how you will approach this awesome event?

Part 1 of the team is done and the captains are going to have some tough decisions to make to complete part two. I hope I get to join the 4 that were selected yesterday and help the team be the best it can come July.

Congrats guys on the selections. This is going to be something special for everyone involved!

Jeff/John is going to cause some havoc on some of you poor souls. You better be prepared!!!

Congrats everyone again!

For the first 8 selected. Now that you know for sure you are in, will you change your practice habits or continue with what you have been doing? I know weather has been a factor but has your mindset changed towards how you will approach this awesome event?

I play flighted tournaments about every other week, so I will still prepare for this event the same way I prepare for them. Because it's a 5 hour drive from me, I'm going to take a look at the layout and yardages and TRY to find a course similar to it around here and get some rounds in on it.

Beyond that, I'm taking the approach that I took before I played in the Golfweek Amateur Tour National Championship in October. I will make sure that the week leading up to the event is spent swinging clubs and getting a feel for my short game. Lots of vacation time to burn this year, so... I'll burn a few days before this event to spend it on the range and course before making the drive north!

Disappointed for sure but I'm fortunate enough to have something to look forward to this coming weekend, with the opportunity to face off against Jeff Spicoli and the #WoolWarriors. I intend to grind away at my game and let the chips fall where they may.

On a side note, any of you Carolinians who wish to improve their odds of being a captain's pick, I would be happy to kneecap the aforementioned Jeff Spicoli and get your side a fourth choice. :sinister:

Of course I kid, I would do no such thing (PM me with your best propositions, all offers will be considered :devil: )

:alien2:

Rain today, hopefully the sims at Golfsmith are vacant :D

Be careful what you wish for :alien:

In all seriousness, I prefer not to be involved in a Nancy Kerrigan like incident, but will play in this event on one leg if necessary.

Carolina guys that are a part of the team I have sent you a question if you could answer it for me :).

The Carolina hopefuls I also have a question for you guys. You can post in this thread or pm me whatever you feel more comfortable with.

I want to know why I should choose YOU and not someone else for my captain picks? Also if the choice cant be you who would you pick? (got to throw the curve ball in there :alien:)

I want to know why I should choose YOU and not someone else for my captain spot? Also if the choice cant be you who would you pick? (got to throw the curve ball in there :alien:)
Why should you choose me? I'm good for comedic relief! I also can promote True Temper Golf and THP with the best of them (just ask Wilson Staff). Plus I'm free for that weekend. I'd also like to think that even though I'd probably be the highest handicapped player in the mix my game is coming along and I'd like to think that by July - with my practice, lessons, and playing time - a breakout performance won't be that shocking.

If not me, who? I'd go with Marc (Trout Bum) or Joey (ir13). I know there are plenty of great golfers in the Carolinas, all of whom are more than capable of putting a hurting on Team DMV. But I've played with these guys many times and I know their games travel and they're competitors. That's not a knock on any one else, it's just who I've been paired up with at local THP get togethers. Team Carolinas would be in good hands with them added to the mix.

For me, I'm ratcheting up the intensity on how I practice and play. Now that I'm one of the fortunate selected, it has become real goal to bring the title to the DMV. In fact this morning, I reviewed my last two years worth of round stats to see what I need to do to bring my game to the next level and be at my peak for the RR. I should be working but too excited about the event!

Part 1 of the team is done and the captains are going to have some tough decisions to make to complete part two. I hope I get to join the 4 that were selected yesterday and help the team be the best it can come July.

We'd love to have you E...

Be careful what you wish for :alien:

In all seriousness, I prefer not to be involved in a Nancy Kerrigan like incident, but will play in this event on one leg if necessary.

When this comes around you will have the advantage of having participated in a competitive event with the same formats. Playing on one leg should even things out :D

Hoping I get to join you and the 14 others for this one. If not I'll be pulling for you to at least feel the agony of defeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to try and practice more with a purpose. No rapid firing of the same club or shot over and over. I'm going to go through my routine. Line up my practice puts. Stuff like that. I have a private membership so I already play and practice quite a bit.

For me, I'm ratcheting up the intensity on how I practice and play. Now that I'm one of the fortunate selected, it has become real goal to bring the title to the DMV. In fact this morning, I reviewed my last two years worth of round stats to see what I need to do to bring my game to the next level and be at my peak for the RR. I should be working but too excited about the event!

I find this curious.

Ratcheting up the intensity is very odd in my mind. In the beginning of all this I clearly stated that waiting till teams are pick to start working would be too late.

Now that you've been selected? Did you not have faith.

Words on the screen are just words. As the saying goes

I'm from Missouri....show me.

I see that 16.8 HC Jose, and I KNOW you are a better player than me - I see that coming down bro with a little practice - and playing more!

I wish :(. I have flashes of my previous form from when I was a single digit but that's far and few between lately. With the RR, my focus is to get my game on point where it needs to be to help the team win!

I wish :(. I have flashes of my previous form from when I was a single digit but that's far and few between lately. With the RR, my focus is to get my game on point where it needs to be to help the team win!

I thought you were from New Hampshire?

For those of you who don't end up getting in, how many of you plan on going and supporting your team for the range session and dinner afterward?

Back