Saw this on Callaway's website - what does this mean?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
"Awarded a flawless 20 out of 20 stars in the Golf Digest 2019 hot list" with regards to the Apex 19.

I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about "stars" being assigned in the past. Are they becoming more scientific in their rating at Golf Digest?

f Digest 2019 Hot List, Apex 19 was the only iron to earn a perfect score in the category.
Awarded a flawless 20 out of 20 stars in the Golf Digest 2019 Hot List, Apex 19 was the only iron to earn a perfect score in the category.Is

"Awarded a flawless 20 out of 20 stars in the Golf Digest 2019 hot list" with regards to the Apex 19.

I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about "stars" being assigned in the past. Are they becoming more scientific in their rating at Golf Digest?

f Digest 2019 Hot List, Apex 19 was the only iron to earn a perfect score in the category.
Awarded a flawless 20 out of 20 stars in the Golf Digest 2019 Hot List, Apex 19 was the only iron to earn a perfect score in the category.Is

Its the Hot List which is mocked every year because nobody actually takes the awards seriously. Only OEM’s do when it helps them and they love to advertise it.

It’s:
0-5 stars for Looks, feel, sound
0-5 stars for Performance
0-5 stars for innovation
0-5 stars for Demand
And 100% based on advertising dollars

The best is when they throw in a KZG or Wishon club just to try and validate their results.

Saw this on Callaway's website - what does this mean?

The Big Bertha OS irons were also marketed as a 20 out of 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find “reviews” in most magazines are almost always positive and an ad for the product being reviewed is generally not far away.

Reviews by mags and even YouTube people tend to be pretty inflated. I prefer to take my reviews from everyday people while taking those others with a small grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reviews by mags and even YouTube people tend to be pretty inflated. I prefer to take my reviews from everyday people while taking those others with a small grain of salt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why are you tube reviews inflated? You see the person hit it, see the numbers and quite often see the strike location as well as hearing what it sounds like. Why do you not like everyday people in golf digest yet you like everyday people on a golf forum?

I prefer to look at reviews done by average golfers... rather than guys that hit the sweet spot time after time after time.

I prefer to look at reviews done by average golfers... rather than guys that hit the sweet spot time after time after time.

Thats sort of where I am. I wish more people did reviews that were like me. Its great that Rick Shiels gets almost 10 yards on the Ping G410 over the G400 MAX but there is no way I would get anything close to that under similar conditions.

Thats sort of where I am. I wish more people did reviews that were like me. Its great that Rick Shiels gets almost 10 yards on the Ping G410 over the G400 MAX but there is no way I would get anything close to that under similar conditions.

It’s a hit and miss scenario so to speak.
Shiels and Crossfield put up their Center strike 270 and 262 yd carries respectively every review.

On the other hand you have reviews from the “Average Golfer” from Teeuplo channel. I like him but he will even admit that some days his 9 cap swing is on and other days it’s rubbish. So taking comparisons of good days Vs clubs tested on bad swing days is tough.

What does it mean? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I love these irons, but I'll continue to roll my eyes at the hot list. While I do think these will be in high demand, I hate that "demand" is often the differentiator between silver and gold.

Let the list be a factor in demand, not the other way around.

What does it mean? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

seinfeld___war_what_is_it_good_for.jpg

It’s a hit and miss scenario so to speak.
Shiels and Crossfield put up their Center strike 270 and 262 yd carries respectively every review.

On the other hand you have reviews from the “Average Golfer” from Teeuplo channel. I like him but he will even admit that some days his 9 cap swing is on and other days it’s rubbish. So taking comparisons of good days Vs clubs tested on bad swing days is tough.

Yeah, I can see how the numbers from those can be a bit closer to mine. I usually search out his videos for new products.

Back