What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 step forward, 100 steps back - 51/57 at San Juan Oaks Golf Club in Hollister, CA. I did some good things, and was particularly good with my long irons. My short game was a mess though and I was atrocious off the tee. I had 8 lost balls (7 off the tee, 1 on an approach shot) which certainly didn't help. This was one discouraging round of golf, but I'm going to stay on the grind.
One of the reasons we love this crazy game. Keep at it and it will come around dude.

This was one discouraging round of golf, but I'm going to stay on the grind.
It happens to all of us, hang in there. A guy I got paired with today had an obviously nice athletic swing and you could tell he had some game. But he was having one of those days. He must have topped 50 balls and hit two backwards. I was impressed he stayed mostly positive.

One of the reasons we love this crazy game. Keep at it and it will come around dude.

It happens to all of us, hang in there. A guy I got paired with today had an obviously nice athletic swing and you could tell he had some game. But he was having one of those days. He must have topped 50 balls and hit two backwards. I was impressed he stayed mostly positive.

Thanks gents! I was definitely talking trash to myself part of the time and trying to laugh it off the rest of the time. I was literally +16 over 4 holes on the back 9, which is what frustrated me the most. Then on 18, I go left into the hell-rough so I tee up my third and hit the Heavenwood to the middle of the fairway. Then I smoke a 4 iron onto the green, so at least things ended on a somewhat positive note.

Today was a good day for golf! Beautiful weather, the best in 3 months for me. I put up a 43-49/92 today.

On: Driver... Couldn't miss a fairway and absolutely crushing it. I don't know why but it was just clicking today.
Off: Short game... Still leaving anything 40-100 yds on the fringe and can't seem to land them on the green.
Putting was decent today. I missed a 6' birdie putt... turned bogey :banghead:

Yesterday was best outing so far with new clubs ... Last three weekends I was 90s and two of those I seriously worried about not breaking 100. Was starting to wonder why I bought new clubs! :bulgy-eyes:

Yesterday was much better, still thinning way too many shots but ended up shooting 84 - 42/42 - with two effing quads, two birdies and 29 putts.

Fun round with Wardy. Shot 35 on the front and 39 on the back. Played in 2:20 too

81. Hit a lot of fairways, hit a lot of greens, but then hit a lot of putts

I suppose lack of practice will do that though

81. Hit a lot of fairways, hit a lot of greens, but then hit a lot of putts

I suppose lack of practice will do that though

ran into a buzzsaw

93. I don't want to talk about it.

Over the weekend I got a round in down in Texas. Texas roll is a real thing. Mostly stayed out of trouble off the tee, but greenside game killed my score. 87. Shows me that short game has to be my focus once the snow is gone.

Over the weekend I got a round in down in Texas. Texas roll is a real thing. Mostly stayed out of trouble off the tee, but greenside game killed my score. 87. Shows me that short game has to be my focus once the snow is gone.

Nice this is something i am unfamiliar with in ohio. It is usually one hop and stop in ohio most of the year.

42/37- 79. First time breaking 80 in over a year! That was thanks to an eagle on 14 at Twin Creeks in Frisco. A short par 4, mini driver left me 67 to the hole, 58* rattled the pin and went in! No 3 putts was pretty nice as well!

42/37- 79. First time breaking 80 in over a year! That was thanks to an eagle on 14 at Twin Creeks in Frisco. A short par 4, mini driver left me 67 to the hole, 58* rattled the pin and went in! No 3 putts was pretty nice as well!

That's a great round...congrats!

41/40 at deer creek. Played the tips 7019 yds 73.8/143. Back 9 was brutal, last 5 holes all into 3 to 4 club wind. Not fun coming up short on par 4 after hitting driver then 3w
It was a blast though. Can't wait until I'm healed up. Funny thought driving a par 4 green and then can't get to another one in 2. Was awesome to watch the first though. Me + wind = funnyhaha

Oh..and don't ever stand behind and try and help push a cart when it's a bit wet.

FWIW, he could have taken away the three 3 putts he had and still lost by almost a handful.
He played well though, today was just my day.
You've had a lot of those days lately. En fuego!

You've had a lot of those days lately. En fuego!

Except against mike ****ing dean.
That guy beat me! I will get my revenge...

Except against mike ****ing dean.
That guy beat me! I will get my revenge...
Nope...im retired from callouts undefeated

40 on the front with 2 doubles
42 on the back with 6 bogeys and 3 pars.

40 on the front with 2 doubles
42 on the back with 6 bogeys and 3 pars.

Not bad, how was the xxio?

Not bad, how was the xxio?

That and the Cure were the lone bright spots today.
Played a course that when you miss the green, its gridlock and I did a lot of that today with an 8 iron or less in my hand.

Shot a 43 today. Slowly bringing my driver to heel, but my putting is going from bad to worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back