2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should probably lift weights soon. Need a real workout.

I can't even bench like 150.

My pecs go backwards

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
You know that would be a perfect cupholder while laying on your back watching football hahahaha or container for chips and dip.

Brutal workout this morning:
Supersets of push-pull (two rounds each):
Incline DBBP / Chest Supported Row
Reps: 17/17 & 12/12

DB Crunches / SlamBall Hypertensions
2x(20/20)

Incline DB Flyes / Wide Lat Pulldown
20/20 & 15/12

FC Twist / Saxon Side Bend
2x(10/10)

DB Tricep Extension / Twisting Curls
15/20 & 12/15

Walking Lunges / GHR (subbed hamstring curl because I was working out alone)
2x(20/20)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mine do too! (deformed sternum) I made up for it by working chest and back twice as hard. ;)
I can't even bench like 150.

My pecs go backwards

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think the wind has been sucked from everyone's posting sails.
Work has been killing me so it's sucked the air out of my gym going sails.

I think the wind has been sucked from everyone's posting sails.

Well I've started designating the weekends as my off days(or at least one of the days as off days), i think it helps with doing back on Friday it gives my body plenty of time to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's one from Jordan Feigenbaum. He's a raw powerlifter who has a Starting Strength Coach certificate, a Crossfit level I certificate, and is an MD.

3b8bef465b91fc76da102dcd028ef719.jpg

9000+% agree with that statement.

On another front, I PR'd leg press today with 20 reps of 350 lbs (incl the 60lb sled).

workout was the following (all single sets high reps):
DBBP / 15reps@55lbs
Leg Press / 20@350
TRX Face Pulls / 15@bw

3min erg

Low-bar Squat / 20@135
Narrow Lat Pulldown / 15@70
Walking Lunges / 20@bw

3min Treadmill / 3°@4mph

DB Shoulder Press / 15@30
DB RDL / 10@70
Hammer Curl / 15@25

3min Stationary Bike / level 7

DB Tricep Extension / 12@30
Power Step-ups / 16@35 18" step
Weighted Toe Touches / 40@30

3min walking around the track at about 4mph.

Oh, and post-workout breakfast (MyFitnessPal says it's about 546 calories):
19fd2cffee0e3507f187fc963edacd32.jpg

9000+% agree with that statement.

On another front, I PR'd leg press today with 20 reps of 350 lbs (incl the 60lb sled).

workout was the following (all single sets high reps):
DBBP / 15reps@55lbs
Leg Press / 20@350
TRX Face Pulls / 15@bw

3min erg

Low-bar Squat / 20@135
Narrow Lat Pulldown / 15@70
Walking Lunges / 20@bw

3min Treadmill / 3°@4mph

DB Shoulder Press / 15@30
DB RDL / 10@70
Hammer Curl / 15@25

3min Stationary Bike / level 7

DB Tricep Extension / 12@30
Power Step-ups / 16@35 18" step
Weighted Toe Touches / 40@30

3min walking around the track at about 4mph.

Oh, and post-workout breakfast (MyFitnessPal says it's about 546 calories):
19fd2cffee0e3507f187fc963edacd32.jpg

Damn bro you are getting some reps in!! Looks like a quality workout to me, keep it up.

I just took my measurements to see where I'm at with the current program that my buddy wrote for me. In 2 months I've gained size in all parts of my body but I'm the happiest with the 1.25" in my chest and quads. Bench work and skwatts really paying off!!

Damn bro you are getting some reps in!! Looks like a quality workout to me, keep it up.

I just took my measurements to see where I'm at with the current program that my buddy wrote for me. In 2 months I've gained size in all parts of my body but I'm the happiest with the 1.25" in my chest and quads. Bench work and skwatts really paying off!!
You skinny guys and trying to gain size... I'd gladly give you some of mine.

Working solo today and time between work sets is too quiet for my liking.

Here's my skwaat max today:

fea74b693c077c8e755bf172d60e51f4.jpg

#3Wheels

Had a solid workout again tonight. Arms 5-1

Ez bar curls 95-130 lbs

DB Tricep Ext, DB curls, Tricep cable pull downs, BB Curls, Skullcrushers, Landmine OB twist, hanging knee raises, hanging Hollow holds, and elbow tap planks.

Had a solid workout again tonight. Arms 5-1

Ez bar curls 95-130 lbs

DB Tricep Ext, DB curls, Tricep cable pull downs, BB Curls, Skullcrushers, Landmine OB twist, hanging knee raises, hanging Hollow holds, and elbow tap planks.

Nice dude, 130lb curl is legit. I did 85 tonight for sets of 6 and it wasnt easy haha. Hey im getting there! Just started my next phase which is all low reps and heavy so itll be a fun shift for awhile.

Today was hiit day. One thing I noticed is the gym lately is the amount of dudes wearing tights and no shorts. Little bit of a disturbing trend

Today was hiit day. One thing I noticed is the gym lately is the amount of dudes wearing tights and no shorts. Little bit of a disturbing trend
I actually want a pair no joke. Some nice thermal compression ones because my basement gets kinda cold some nights. Would be nice to keep everything warm. Id wear shorts tho haha

Nice dude, 130lb curl is legit. I did 85 tonight for sets of 6 and it wasnt easy haha. Hey im getting there! Just started my next phase which is all low reps and heavy so itll be a fun shift for awhile.

For sure man, it always feels great, putting up a big number. The only thing I fee weird on 5-1s is putting a bunch of weight on the bar, to do one rep. I'm sure people look at it weird.

I actually want a pair no joke. Some nice thermal compression ones because my basement gets kinda cold some nights. Would be nice to keep everything warm. Id wear shorts tho haha

It's very different when it's in your own basement opposed to a public gym.

For sure man, it always feels great, putting up a big number. The only thing I fee weird on 5-1s is putting a bunch of weight on the bar, to do one rep. I'm sure people look at it weird.

Haha for sure. I don't think I have any 1's yet but even 3 will be quite different from 10-12 haha. Will be fun and I'll likely test a few maxes in the next few weeks just to see.

I'm not saying it's wrong or trying to be negative, so please do not think that. But I've never seen anybody work up to a heavy single with an EZ Bar curl.

i just grabbed a few pairs but I will be rocking shorts over them too

I'm not saying it's wrong or trying to be negative, so please do not think that. But I've never seen anybody work up to a heavy single with an EZ Bar curl.

No worries, it's 5-1 through all my workouts, I'm no going to have a 5-1 week but then only do half my workouts that day at 5-1 would kinda defeat the purpose.

No worries, it's 5-1 through all my workouts, I'm no going to have a 5-1 week but then only do half my workouts that day at 5-1 would kinda defeat the purpose.

When you say 5-1, are you increasing the weight ever set and adding weight?

i just grabbed a few pairs but I will be rocking shorts over them too
Do you mind if I ask what you went with? I was thinking of checking like Nike or UA but I don't want to spend a ton. If you found a cheaper but still quality option id definitely be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back