THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I got in a THP call out today to prep for match play. My game tee to green was as good as it's ever been. The work I have put in this winter shoes. Short game and putting was awful but I know that will get better with more rounds and practice outside.

I can't wait to see who joins the teams tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats good. Sounds like your game has come along way since Bridgestone u last year.

I got in a THP call out today to prep for match play. My game tee to green was as good as it's ever been. The work I have put in this winter shoes. Short game and putting was awful but I know that will get better with more rounds and practice outside.

I can't wait to see who joins the teams tomorrow.

If you played like you did today in July the Carolina s Teams will be very pleased to have you and the DMV will be in tears #buzzsaw

I like hearing that :) Glad to add another great THPER to the carolinas as well .

Regular ole Carpet bagger.....maybe we should nick name him Clinton :) hahahaha I'm just kidding.....relax

Thats good. Sounds like your game has come along way since Bridgestone u last year.

It really has. At my last lesson my instructor showed me a video of my swing at my first lesson and I don't even know how I hit the ball.

Regular ole Carpet bagger.....maybe we should nick name him Clinton :) hahahaha I'm just kidding.....relax
Around these here parts, people will call him a "Damn Yankee".

I remember my first day at work when I moved here to SC ... our secretary's husband was visiting her and I was walking down the hall. He points to me and asks his wife "Is that the damn yankee?" I gave him a bit of a perplexed look and he says "You know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?" I professed that I did not. "A yankee comes, and then thankfully goes. A damn yankee comes, and never leaves." I'm still not sure whether he was serious or joking ...

I remember my first day at work when I moved here to SC ... our secretary's husband was visiting her and I was walking down the hall. He points to me and asks his wife "Is that the damn yankee?" I gave him a bit of a perplexed look and he says "You know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?" I professed that I did not. "A yankee comes, and then thankfully goes. A damn yankee comes, and never leaves." I'm still not sure whether he was serious or joking ...

In South Carolina? Probably wasn't joking

The fact that you do not know if serious or joking proves why you are a Damn Yankee (coming from a Damn Yankee haha)

In South Carolina? Probably wasn't joking
You are quite correct. Just thought it very odd for a first interaction. Guess my notion of the genteel southern gentleman was misplaced. Then again, it may explain why our secretary never really did bring him around much.
The fact that you do not know if serious or joking proves why you are a Damn Yankee (coming from a Damn Yankee haha)
Heh, too true. To really stick it to them I even married one of their women. :silly:
Tom spent a lot of time in Buffalo as well went to UB if I recall (about 99.9% sure)
Sure did ... I guess I'm a "Bull", though I prefer to go by "Sooner" instead. Good old State University of New York at Buffalo. Yay Millard Fillmore!

Sheesh, even though I grew up in New York, it seems like a life time ago. I'm at a tipping point ... a few more years and I'll have spent more of my life out of NY than I did in it.

Last edited:
You are now the Captain for your region. Who are your three picks and why?

I would pick the people that have never had the opportunity to participate in a THP event and have posted the most since the beginning of this year. IMO what better way to show the greatness of THP.

Tom spent a lot of time in Buffalo as well went to UB if I recall (about 99.9% sure)

You are quite correct. Just thought it very odd for a first interaction. Guess my notion of the genteel southern gentleman was misplaced. Then again, it may explain why our secretary never really did bring him around much.
Heh, too true. To really stick it to them I even married one of their women. :silly:
Sure did ... I guess I'm a "Bull", though I prefer to go by "Sooner" instead. Good old State University of New York at Buffalo. Yay Millard Fillmore!

Sheesh, even though I grew up in New York, it seems like a life time ago. I'm at a tipping point ... a few more years and I'll have spent more of my life out of NY than I did in it.

Forgot about Duece being there. I started at UB before not finishing first year and then enlisting the summer of 92. I have now been out of NY longer than I lived there. I go ball 2-4 times a year to we family.

i went to high school not far from Main St campus

Good luck to everyone fighting for those last coveted spots on the RR teams! I'll be following along all the way!

Good luck to all the hopefulls!!

Today is the day! Good luck everyone

Today 6 guys enter a new phase in their destiny, good luck everyone and have a blast getting ready for it.

Good luck today everyone!

Good luck everyone!

Looking forward to seeing today's picks! Good luck to all!

Good Luck to all involved!

So is something big happening today?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back