at San Diego Tiger playing but not Phil

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
I remember attending San Diego when Phil was a rookie, and I think he has played in it every year since then, so it's unusual that this year he is skipping his home town tournament.
But Tiger is in the field at San Diego, which does not happen often and will be great for the event.

Hasn't Tiger won this 7 times?

Hasn't Tiger won this 7 times?

What he said. Tiger has almost always played this event when he has been healthy.

Mickelson said last fall that he wasn't going to play tournaments with high rough and narrow fairways. This week seems like one of those events.

I remember attending San Diego when Phil was a rookie, and I think he has played in it every year since then, so it's unusual that this year he is skipping his home town tournament.
But Tiger is in the field at San Diego, which does not happen often and will be great for the event.

Would’ve been like 8 events in a row for an old man. It was a smart move by Phil.

Mickelson said last fall that he wasn't going to play tournaments with high rough and narrow fairways.
I tell myself the same thing and know if I don't like a course I don't go back. Love those municipal tracks haaaah.

It is kind of strange Phil isn't here this week, especially with how well he played last week.

It is kind of strange Phil isn't here this week, especially with how well he played last week.
Phil commented last week that this course was not a good fit for his current game and he needed to choose judiciously which tournaments he played leading up to the Masters. The deadline for committing for this week was last Friday and he chose not to commit even though he was playing well last week.

Saw a graphic on GC last night that showed Torey South is the hardest course to hit fairways 48% on the tour, the North course is listed as the 5th hardest. That doesn't play well to Phil's game.

Might want to check your numbers again boss.

It looked to me like Phil needed to back away from the table and go see his trainer. He played great last week but needs to get in shape if he's going to play his judiciously planned schedule.

I’m assuming by @ San Diego you mean LaJolla and Torrey Pines @ The Farmers ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that Phil put in a bid to do the recently finished rework of the North Course and they did not pick him so he had some hurt feelings towards Torrey Pines.

I read that Phil put in a bid to do the recently finished rework of the North Course and they did not pick him so he had some hurt feelings towards Torrey Pines.

Actually, Phil was disqualified from the design process due to a rule that just didn’t make sense. He did however state last year and this year that he would not return to torrey if they kept growing the rough so thick and tall that it could cause injury if you were sitting down in the rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back