Favorite aspect of Winter Golf?

.....a full flask of my favorite libation.

Nothing I like unless it's warmer tan expected during the winter

Try to improve my swing mechanics and not worry about the what the ball is doing.

For me its having courses that are a little emptier, faster pace of play, and cheaper cost of rounds allows me to buy some gear.

Sometimes being the only one on the course. Walking to keep warm. Orange golf balls:act-up:

None. I don' have a favorite anything about winter golf.

Favorite aspect of winter for me is with the extra clothes I'm able to hit a consistent draw

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The best thing about winter golf is that it eventually becomes spring golf.

The next best things are that golf is cheap and the courses are pretty wide open.

Less people on course and some specials.

For me its having courses that are a little emptier, faster pace of play, and cheaper cost of rounds allows me to buy some gear.

All of these for me. Although this winter has been so mild around here the courses have been pretty darn crowded.

Yesterday the course I played was packed. I guess 70* on Presidents Day will do that.

Dormant grass and balls rolling forever!

My favorite aspect is how awesome it feels to get a 45-50* degree day when it should be 30* and your out on course. It almost feels like stealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to choose, more range work.

There's really nothing I like about winter golf, except for the fact I actually get to play golf.

Beginning in 2017 though, I am crossing my fingers winter golf means temps in the 50s and 60's :)

What are your favorite parts of winter golf?
Definitely that the weather keeps the riff-raff away. Only the hard core golfers are out so that usually means it's less crowded and we get around the course faster.

I also like to enjoy watching the guys in carts freeze their patooties off while I walk and stay nice and warm.

Umm nothing? We have snow so i don't really get to play winter golf unless its on a simulator. Winter just brings a lot of unneeded club purchases for me, lol. If I have to choose something I would go with when its over!

We have frost delays here so that counts as winter golf, right? The best part of the cold is that it keeps the adult beverages at just the right temp during the round.

Winter here usually means rain and highs around 50°. Though the last 7 years it's just meant slacks and a 1/4 zip if you're teeing off before 9:00 A.M. With 30ish rainy days a year there really is no reason for us to play during "bad" weather.

Not sweating through a hat per 9 holes or having sweat fall in my eye during my backswing(sadly happens with some regularity during the summer).

Experimentation....... Usually try different things and see if I can add a new shot to my arsenal or zero in distances in the short game

The only way I get to play golf in the winter is if I'm vacationing somewhere warm. So, my favorite part of winter is being on vacation. :p

The empty course, I can play a bit slower and enjoy the fresh crisp air and a nice walk.

Back