The Jason Day thread

CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With as much success as the guy had in 2015, I was surprised to see we didn't have a thread for one of the current top 3 players in the world. This thread can serve for any talk about current status or anything Jason Day related.

Nice thread!

Im a Jason Day fan!

First ever avatar I used on THP was a pic of Jason Day giving a thumbs up.

I found this interesting (from PGAtour.com)

Can a 3-wood fly too far? If you're Jason Day, the answer to that question is a resounding yes. The Aussie spent time testing TaylorMade's M2 3-wood (14.25 degrees actual loft) against his AeroBurner 3-wood and noticed the new club was carrying 280 yards with a total distance close to 300 yards.

The additional distance moved the 3-wood outside of his traditional gapping, but he kept it in play for tighter courses where he might hit 3-wood primarily off the tee. To get a 3-wood with similar gapping to his AeroBurner, Day had an additional M2 fairway wood built that was a half-inch shorter club length with an additional degree of loft to achieve his desired 275-yard carry with 280 yards of total distance.

Day put the second 3-wood in play at Pebble Beach, noting an increase in forgiveness and control. He posted a T11 finish in his third start of the 2015-16 TOUR season.

That's a lot of distance. Looks like him and Henrik can go hang out at the 300y 3 wood club.

i can't get enough jason day. dude seems so awesome all around. i love his game, i love his beginnings, and i hope he stays around for the long-term.

Yup, I've always liked him. Hopefully another good season ahead

Ha!
That looks vaguely similar to what the media tour report said...:D
Seems like he went through a fitting with the Tour Van

I found this interesting (from PGAtour.com)

Can a 3-wood fly too far? If you're Jason Day, the answer to that question is a resounding yes. The Aussie spent time testing TaylorMade's M2 3-wood (14.25 degrees actual loft) against his AeroBurner 3-wood and noticed the new club was carrying 280 yards with a total distance close to 300 yards.

The additional distance moved the 3-wood outside of his traditional gapping, but he kept it in play for tighter courses where he might hit 3-wood primarily off the tee. To get a 3-wood with similar gapping to his AeroBurner, Day had an additional M2 fairway wood built that was a half-inch shorter club length with an additional degree of loft to achieve his desired 275-yard carry with 280 yards of total distance.

Day put the second 3-wood in play at Pebble Beach, noting an increase in forgiveness and control. He posted a T11 finish in his third start of the 2015-16 TOUR season.

That's a lot of distance. Looks like him and Henrik can go hang out at the 300y 3 wood club.

Sounds like he is Gunner long

Fun to watch, seems very level headed and does well with the galleries.

Been a huge fan of us for many years. Also was lucky enough to get to meet and have a lunch with him at a TMAG event a few years ago. There were other big name TMAG guys there and it was a small group of us (4) and he sat and talked to us like he wanted to and was interested, not because Taylor Made said he had to. He was genuinely excited for us and the opportunity we had. He was saying as a golf fan, how excited we must be. A guy that totally gets it, not someone that doesn't and doesn't care.

I love his new M2 iron commercial and the reaction he shows hitting the 2 iron. It is almost like he's too embarrassed to be hitting an iron 300 yards...LOL

He's a lot of fun to watch and seems like a genuinely good person, which makes me want to root for him even more. He is silly long as well.

I saw a TM ad on Facebook where he was smashing what I assume to be an M2 3 iron 290+.

Always been a fan of his. He's got a gunslinger swing for sure.

He's just a little streaky with his putting. If he was more consistent in that area, I think he would dominate. He seems like a real nice person!!

Huge fan. His play to close 2015 was sensational. So much fun to watch.

Unfortunately we do know he has a big flaw, he lives in OHIO lol

Huge fan here, hopefully a repeat of 2015 can happen for him.

I saw a TM ad on Facebook where he was smashing what I assume to be an M2 3 iron 290+.

Always been a fan of his. He's got a gunslinger swing for sure.
Yikes, that's crazy distance

I like Day and hope he has a big year this year. That's very interesting on the 3wood

The man definitely deserves his own thread. Been a fan for several years and really enjoyed watching him have so much success on big stages last year.

What a Jason Day thread without a video?

Jason Day is a monster. Love watching him play when everything is clicking, it's truly a different game when you can turn almost every par 5 into a par 4.

Man as soon as I caught a glimpse of this guy, I liked him. He's far and away my favorite player to watch. Couple that with his demeanor outside of the golf course, and he lands himself a spot on my "fantasy foursome" list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fan, and I'm pretty sure this video has been posted before but I enjoyed watching it. Hoping he does well this year!

[video=youtube;V_SugpKp-bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_SugpKp-bQ[/video]

Seemed like a timely bump, given that the dude tied the course record today at TPC Sawgrass!

I'm a big fan...hope he keeps the momentum going from today.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Seemed like a timely bump, given that the dude tied the course record today at TPC Sawgrass!

Didn't catch the whole interview the other day but heard him say something about changing his approach on how to get around the course compared to what he has been doing. Apparently it worked

Back