How many times a season do you change out your putter?

I only have one, a Seemore M1. It's been in the bag for about a year and a half now. maybe 2 years. So I don't switch too often. I do plan on getting a SC Circa 62 this summer for my birthday though, so I will probably make the switch then, but will always have my seemore

Rarely if ever. I test a few in the beginning and end of season but by March through September, my gamer is set.

Rarely if ever. I test a few in the beginning and end of season but by March through September, my gamer is set.

How do you avoid temptation?

I'm actually down to 2 putters. I've had the same putter for the last 5 years (Bettinardi C03) that I've put in play. Although it's time for a change.

I have played the same putter for 3 years now. And don't see myself changing it anytime soon.

To many.

One day I'll realize it's me that sucks.

Maybe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last year I went through 4 putters. But, once I got my Betti I knew I wouldn't need a new putter for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a chronic tinkerer, but I usually have 1 or maybe 2 that seem to always end up back in the bag.

Once - twice on average per year I would say. Hoping to bring that trend to a halt and find "the one".

I think last year was my worst year as far as using too many putters. I went through 4 before I found my current gamer, which has been in the bag for about 7 months now. I /plan/ on keeping it in that spot all year.

I have seven putters that I rotate throughout the season. If I'm struggling, I'll change for sure, but often it's just for something different. I generally putt well with any of them.

no rhyme or reason how or when I change. I'll game one for a while then switch up just because. I have a stable of putters that I'm comfortable putting with so that helps. I have a custom putter being made right now & i suspect that one will get more run than the others.

I have used 2 putters in the past 5 years. The first I used for 4 years to help figure out the putter characteristics I needed. The one I have been using for the last two years was built to fit my stroke requirements.

I had two last year but both were nearly the same in weight and style and I'll just stick with the one in my bag now this year. It is the one club other than driver I hate to change.

Ive used the same putter for 12-18 months now. It just feels right for me so i leave it alone.

Rarely change my putter but did so recently. I went from a Rife 2-bar to TM Daddy Long Legs with counter balance.

Just depends for me. there are times I change every week and other times I go 6 months without changing. If I have to guess I would say I switch putters probably 10-12 times a year, but they are all #9 style heads so the only real difference is the insert or milling.

Haven't changed out my putter since 2014 when I got my MXM #9 HT from #TheGrandaddy. Have experimented with others, but nothing can compete.

Seems like most have changed in the past 2 years at least

What does it mean if I bought 2 with-in a 3 day span? Is that indication of a pending problem?

What does it mean if I bought 2 with-in a 3 day span? Is that indication of a pending problem?

Hahaha not in the least! I had one stretch last year when I bought one off the rack in the store while I had another on the way in the mail. Almost the same as you hahaha

I have 3 putters, 2 of which see course time. All last season it was almost exclusively the SeeMore, save for 2 rounds where it went into time out and the White Hot Rossie came back out. Although I've been thinking about slapping a new SuperStroke on the Odyssey and using it more often.

But for the most part, the putter is the one club I leave alone. When it's working for me and I'm comfortable, I don't go looking to mess with it. Wish I'd learn that with drivers!

Back