Do You Throw, Toss or Slam Your Clubs?

The best way to put this is.....not anymore! Really, not in the last 10 years but to be honest there was a time my emotions got the best of me!

sometimes. i won't javelin it, but i'll give a wedge a good 10-20 yard sidearm after a particular bad shot. i'm not proud of it, but i admit to doing it. i have to remind myself "you're not good enough to get angry."

Not any more. I threw a sand wedge into a pond in 2002 and the realized I needed it so I retrieved it. No more after that incident. One of my groomsmen bought me floaties for my clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say that I've never tossed a club in anger towards my bag after a bad shot. But, mostly that was when I was very young and just taking up the game. Now I try to release my frustration in other ways--usually verbally cursing myself.

I typically say a few colorful words and call myself names. Occasionally, I'll drop a club behind me from the top of my backswing. If I'm a ways away from my bag, sometimes I'll toss my club towards it. Kinda like a underhanded toss with no ill intent. Usually after a chip near the green or a bunker shot.

When I was younger, the "helicopter" was my go to move....and I wrapped a club around a tree a few times. :bulgy-eyes:

It's been a lomg time since I have but there have been a few tosses in my past.

When the flight of the ball hits the ground, I am thinking of how to execute the next shot the best I can. There is no room to be upset...its pointless

I feel people who get upset think they are better than what the shot is showing...which in most cases is not true.

Have never thrown, slammed or tossed a club. Played with someone that did this after every bad shot and it took away from the enjoyment of the round.

Not out of anger. But I will toss a wedge in my line from the green back towards the cart. Not far just a little flip. Just to get it out of the way.

I never have and never will

Nope they are too valuable to me.

Nope and I can't stand it when people do. Learn to control it or get off the course IMO

I don't. At most I'll 'tap' the ground with my club if I hit a really winning shot. And of course by winning, I mean terrible but I'm sure you all picked that up :wink:.

Last edited:
No. I worked to pay for them. I have, but long ago, then I grew up.......

In the past I've been guilty of slamming clubs into the ground, helicoptering them at the cart, of using them baseball bat style against my bag. I've since realized how stupid it makes me look and how little (if anything) it accomplishes.

I will still toss a club (usually an iron on the tee box of a par 3 or a wedge after a flubbed chip) into the air after a particularly poor shot.

Did a few times in my teens....until I snapped the shaft on my 5-iron. One of the worst feelings in my life.

Since then, I'll let loose some colorful wordsmithing, but that's the extent of my jackassery

I toss or pound my clubs from time to time. Nothing that will damage the course or my clubs.

I did when I was a kid. But my father would send me to the car whenever I would do it. So I learned quickly that if I wanted to play, I better cool it.
These days I pay for my own equipment, so I know better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not that I can remember , I do not let the game get to me in that way, I love it and it loves me.

Never ever never, I enjoy the game and even when I don't hit the shot I want, I don't get angry. Probly comes with getting older.

No way. I'm SO not good enough at this game to get angry.

I'll stare at the ground for a few seconds after a bad shot now and again, but I won't yell... I won't toss clubs... and I won't make others uncomfortable because I'm playing poorly.

We have a guy who plays with the Golfweek Amateur Tour in our area who is agonizing to play with. He's a 17 handicap who swears he should be on tour and absolutely flips out at even the slightest miss. Essentially, if it's not in the hole, he's flinging clubs, cursing and screamimg.

When pairings are posted... a lot of us hold our breath and pray we don't get paired with him.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I did it once and karma gave me a nice bruise so just the 'cuss words' now from me

Nope but have seen my fair share

I have and I'm not proud about it. Now it's more of just tap the club on the ground. Like someone else mentioned I'm personally not good enough to let it bother me that much.

Back