Shot that you overthink

Downhill lie.

Greenside bunker with the ball buried a little on a down hill lie close to the back lip.

Downhill lies, I really struggle with them.

Anything forcing me to hit a draw.

If I over think a shot it'll be putts. Always see breaks that aren't there.

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Long iron cut shots give me pause

Greenside bunker shots. Just hit the damn thing, it will get out!!

downhill lie when I have a wedge in my hand, instant recipe for a fat shot and a ruined score on the hole

Any greenside bunker shot. My head is like the inside of big Ben with gears and wheels a turning. Like Spivey need to just think one thing and get the ball out.

a bunker shot. When I overthink it, it doesn't turn out well

Downhill lie for me. There is about equal chance of it going left or right. Another one is a driver with wind off the left

I know that some people have issues with a 70 yard pitch. They feel more comfy laying it up to 30 yards & then going at the flag. :alien:

Ball below my feet without question!

Very simple ... stand closer to the ball, choke down a bit on the club, aim left. Just always remember that the ball is going to go towards the slope. The ball below = left to right ... the ball above = right to left.
Above your feet ... just the opposite. Stand further away, aim right, grip it towards the end of the club.

I know that some people have issues with a 70 yard pitch. They feel more comfy laying it up to 30 yards & then going at the flag. :alien:

lol I think that was lack of thinking or remembering how to hit a ball.

Greenside bunker with the ball buried a little on a down hill lie close to the back lip.
Just give up lol.

For me its any long iron from a tight lie. That baby is going to miss.

Putting. I over think everything and second guess myself.

When I'm in between clubs and try to knock it down and flight the ball down. I do ok if I can take a "full swing" like this but when I have to lay off it a bit and still try to flight it down I always pull it. I'm sure it's mental but when I reach that shot I immediately start thinking about how far right I have to play to compensate for my pull.

Any shot that has a crossing wind. I always over think how much the wind will effect the flight.

Shot that you overthink

Any shot inside 100 yards. I just never know what to do. I don't know what club to swing or how much to swing it. Do I hit a 3/4 pitching wedge or a full gap wedge? Bump and run with the 7 iron or use the 56*? The doubt over my chosen shot makes it so I almost never execute the one I selected.

Greenside wedge shots. Why? Because I immediately think about thinning it, chunking it, or just screwing it up in general.

Greenside bunkers. I talk myself into messing it up as soon as I see the ball land in one and I am walking towards it.

Greenside wedge shots. Why? Because I immediately think about thinning it, chunking it, or just screwing it up in general.
This is my issue as well.

Three foot putts. All day.

The 15-20 yard chip shot. Something has happened to my short game and these shots just get in my head right now.

Back