luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
What is your preferred finish for your driver head? A glossy finish? A flat matte finish? A black club head? Some other color club head?
Tell us, or show us what you like best.

For me I prefer a flat black matte finish with little or no shine

What is your preferred finish for your driver head? A glossy finish? A flat matte finish? A black club head? Some other color club head?
Tell us, or show us what you like best.

For me I prefer a flat black matte finish with little or no shine

Glossy black.

I ditto the preference for a matte black finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the matte white finish that TaylorMade had on many of its drivers.

Matte black is my preference. As long as no visible crown graphics besides a small alignment mark, I am good with about any color and degree of shine.

No preference, it just needs to find fairways.

It all depends, as i like both. It doesn't much better than the matte mizuno blue, imo

I'm conservative. I can talk myself into just about anything if it looks and feels good hitting the ball. Glossy is nice on a clean design, but I'm more typically drawn towards a matte finish. When it comes to colors I'm just as boring: I like a nice grey/silver/satin when it suits my eyes but end up preferring most of the black offerings.

Not sure this is very helpful, but it just depends on the whole package. Feel > looks but I know they also play into each other in my mind.

Doesn't matter to me as long as it's not distracting. Heck, even some clubs have both glossy and matte now.

Matte Black for me.

As long as it looks clean overall it doesn't matter to me.

The new m5 crown is probably the best I've ever seen. Love the flat black with the understated pattern.

Matte black or grey carbon fiber pattern. My current driver is white. Not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte lime or matte neon yellow would be my first choice.

Then Matte black wit dem Turbulators

Matte finish or carbon fiber for me.

To be honest it's on a case by case basis, if it looks good and colours match and make sense to the eye I don't mind what colour it is. If just talking black, then I use to be matte all day but some of the 2019 releases look amazung glossed. I can find beauty on all of them if they perform.

Glossy finish and NOT white!

I’ve played a pretty huge variety of colors, it doesn’t really seem to matter to me. Just something that works well as cohesive design. Matte, glossy, blue, black....whatever as long as I think it looks good.

I have a Cobra Baffler XL 5 FW that has the glossiest and prettiest sparkling blue finish on it that I have ever seen on any club. It's a great club yet when the sun hits it just right and at the right angle the glare it can give off can end up being distractive on some shots, and that's why I prefer non-glossy matte finished club heads.

Really dont care too much. The ping g400 is matte and I dont think it looks good or bad. I think some 2 tones look better than others. All gloss usually looks good but is more affected by any weird shapes due to reflections.

I think I would lean towards gloss finish so long as there are no weird reflections.

I don't really care, but when given the choice I like something other than black. Gray or that red on the Wilson C300 are nice.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

My favorite finish is the old Titleist finish from the 983K, 905R days. I really liked the SLDR gray as well. Black is good and I would prefer gloss over matte. But, I have seen some clubs redone by Continental Golf in the SLDR gray and they are a thing of beauty.

Definitely used to playing a black clubhead, but I’ve played the white TaylorMades and liked hitting those too. I’m actually thing of switching back to a new TaylorMade driver I really like the color scheme on their new drivers as it really frames the ball and easy to aim. Hoping I can get an Evenflow T1100 6.0 65g in a M5 head yummy!!!

My favorite is still the blue Amp Cell head. I loved the look of that club.

Back