Mizuno JPX 919 Combo sets (tour + forged)

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
I am thinking about going with a Forged (5-6) and Tour (7-PW) combo set. Curious if others have gone combo and, if so, how you adjusted the lofts to blend.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about doing something like this. I think Mizuno just released the Hot Metal Pro which is supposed to blend into the set nicely.

I saw your post in the 919 thread, but I don't recall seeing anyone post about a forged/tour combo they are playing. I've played both sets and am playing the 919 Forged now and I found them to be very fun all around irons.

I saw your post in the 919 thread, but I don't recall seeing anyone post about a forged/tour combo they are playing. I've played both sets and am playing the 919 Forged now and I found them to be very fun all around irons.

I thought about just doing that as well. The forged at so sweet.

I thought about just doing that as well. The forged at so sweet.

I can see why some might want to go with a slightly thinner sole/topline in the scoring clubs, but for the digger in me they are primed to be great. Hopefully you can get some feedback here.

I did not like the feel of the forged. The Tour irons were straight money though! I wanted to do a hot metal 3 & 4 iron maybe graphite shafts, then 5-pw in Tour with Modus shafts. But in October, when they were released, the hot metal did not come in a 3 iron.

The tours are super nice, but ask yourself where you want to do the break and think of how the gapping will work. It really isnt as simple as making sure there is the same loft gap between the irons.

I did not like the feel of the forged. The Tour irons were straight money though! I wanted to do a hot metal 3 & 4 iron maybe graphite shafts, then 5-pw in Tour with Modus shafts. But in October, when they were released, the hot metal did not come in a 3 iron.

Forged are 1025 HD like the Tour but differ with the addition of a small amount of boron -- for that you get grooves and clubhead that look better and last longer. Tradeoff is a slightly firmer feel.

I've played Miura, Mizuno blades, etc. and 919 Forged is fine for me - I like the durability and am okay with the trade-off.

I decided to go all in on the Forged model. Game on!

I decided to go all in on the Forged model. Game on!

Hope you enjoy them!

I have two sets - lol - just reshafted set #1 to Accra.

Back