12 hole option just announced by the county

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
I just got this email announcement about a 12 hole rate option starting in the Spring.
What do you think about this? Would you play 12 holes?

[h=2]Introducing A New 12-Hole Rate At Hangman Valley and Liberty Lake[/h]How would you like to play more than just 9 holes but still finish under 3 hours? Now you can with our new 12-hole rate. Playing 12 holes should only take 2 hours and 50 minutes on average.
$24 Mon-Thu and after 3pm Fri-Sun
$28 before 3pm Fri-Sun

Here are the 2016 regular rates..

$30 for 18 holes Mon-Thur.
$34 for 18 holes Fri-Sun.

That's different. But I like the sounds of it. I usually want to play more after just 9 holes but a lot of times the time constraint doesn't allow me to finish 18 so I would love to have this option.

Not sure I see the point. Just play 9 if you're really that worried about time.

I don't think it's a bad thing. Curious what the rate is for 9 holes. Guys I used to work with always said golf for them would be better if they could stop after hole 11, I guess this would work for them.

There are some courses I've played where the walk from the 12th to the 19th is pretty far. Just seems... odd...

Got me thinking though, would if you could pay per hole... hmmmm

12 holes seems like an odd number but I applaud them for being creative in looking for solutions to one of golf's problems. It would make more sense if the 12th hold returns to the club house, otherwise I'd just stop at 9.

I like it. Seems a decent stopping point, right around the 2 hour mark for a decent round. I think a lot of it depends on the course design. Stopping after 12 is fine if the 12th green is a pretty short distance or there's some way to get back to the clubhouse without driving past a bunch of people still playing.

I believe six hole golf courses are the way to go or even courses with 3 sixes.

I don't think it's a bad thing. Curious what the rate is for 9 holes. Guys I used to work with always said golf for them would be better if they could stop after hole 11, I guess this would work for them.

$22 for 9 holes Mon-Thur.
$28 for 9 holes Fri-Sun.

I believe six hole golf courses are the way to go or even courses with 3 sixes.

I have had the same thought. Could ideally play 6 holes in 1:30 at most and set it up for 3 6 hole loops.

is the 12 holes based on the average time to play a hole on that course? 180 minutes / 15 minutes per hole = 12 holes?

or is it a routing thing? if the course is designed such that you get closest to the clubhouse after finishing #12, that would make sense.

I can dig it.

For someone who walks, it could be a major pain to get back to the parking lot/club house. I walk all the time and for that reason I think I would just play 9.

I play 9 more often than 18. I'd play 12.

I have had to play only 12 holes several times lately to get done in time to tak my wife to Doctor appointments. It never feels very satisfying.

I wouldn't do it. I'm not really even a fan of just 9 holes. I would rather do 18 but I know sometimes there just isn't time for a full 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with it at all. I play 9 holes a lot after work and sometimes I could sneak a few more holes in so 12 would be fine.

I don't have a problem with it at all. I play 9 holes a lot after work and sometimes I could sneak a few more holes in so 12 would be fine.

Do the #12 holes on the courses you have around you end anywhere near the clubhouse? I guess that would also be a huge factor. Every course I play 12 is one of the furthest away and has no direct route back to the clubhouse. Also if you do this, you have 0 option of starting people on the back.

I dont see the point and the courses around me that Im thinking of would leave you a long walk away from the clubhouse. Stick to 9 or 18 IMO

Do the #12 holes on the courses you have around you end anywhere near the clubhouse? I guess that would also be a huge factor. Every course I play 12 is one of the furthest away and has no direct route back to the clubhouse. Also if you do this, you have 0 option of starting people on the back.
Lol you know since you mentioned it i was thinking about the course I play the most and you're right, 12 isn't really all that close. I didn't even think of that.

If you don't play 9, doesn't it take 13 holes for handicap purposes? The other 3 holes are useless otherwise.

Lol you know since you mentioned it i was thinking about the course I play the most and you're right, 12 isn't really all that close. I didn't even think of that.

Haha yea as weird as it is I actually might do it, but the course would have to be laid out very specifically in order to make it make sense.

Haha yea as weird as it is I actually might do it, but the course would have to be laid out very specifically in order to make it make sense.
Yeah it's an interesting concept for sure. Wonder how many courses will try it.

If you don't play 9, doesn't it take 13 holes for handicap purposes? The other 3 holes are useless otherwise.

"The player must be accompanied for at least seven holes for a nine-hole score or 13 holes for 18-hole score. This is consistent with Section 5-1 and the minimum number of holes played under the Rules of Golf."

Based on the above, it would make more sense to play 13 and not 12.

John

Back