Do You Throw, Toss or Slam Your Clubs?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Played with someone last week (not a THPer) that was not a real angry guy, but once in a while would get frustrated and toss his clubs (some would call it a throw). Im not a guy that does that, so it got me wondering how many do?

Hell no. Not even tempted.

Better at just cursing myself.

I have been known to be guilty of the let go of the club after the follow through on bad shots.

I'm one not to heave ho my clubs...I spent good money on them.

No, I am pretty gentle with my gear.

If I've been frustrated most of the day and I hit a particularly horrible shot I've been known to let an iron take a ride thru the air up the fairway. I never slam or throw at a tree tho because I don't want to break the club

I admit to doing the helicopter a time or two, but it was embarrassing and I will NEVER do it again. Life is too short and I'm just not good enough to get that angry.

JM

Years ago I chunked a shot close to the green, got a little mad and tossed my wedge. Not a full blown throw, but as soon as I did it, I felt like an idiot an never threw one again.

Drop on the follow through from more of a lighthearted move, usually while chuckling a little. But nope, no throwing. Makes you look bad and makes everyone else feel awkward.

Not typically, I did it one time in the past few years. I was playing with my son, and once I did it, and we spent 15 minutes looking in the very deep crap. As we Where are you? drag away...Matt said "dad I'm very disappointed to see you get that mad about a golf shot". Very humbling experience, and I swore I would never do it again.

I used to be a thrower until I snapped my driver in half. 90 quid to get it replaced taught me a very quick lesson LOL

I think I tossed one a while back and realized how bad it felt and probably looked.

Ive never thrown one that I remember but ive slammed a few. Not anything crazy like over the head kinda stuff tho lol

I did one time when I first learned the game. Luckily I was with my father and I had my butt chewed out for it. I realized how stupid it was and have never done it since.

Never. I'd use head covers on my irons of they weren't such a hassle. I can't imagine throwing and/or breaking one.

No.

I will however "toss to the grass" the club I used to get out of the sand if I am in the middle of a trap so I can rake the trap after a bunker shot.

Did it at the end of last year and tha'ts when I knew it was time to hang em up for the year.

First time in 20 years I threw a club.

Not anymore. I hit so many bad golf shots, I've grown accustomed to them and they no longer anger me.

Also, it's very awkward to play with a club-thrower. Golf is a fun thing for me, and how much fun can you be having if you're chucking clubs every few holes?

We are all human. I haven't fully thrown a club in a long time and I never will. I will admit that I sort of do a slam (head on ground and throw grip to ground) with wedges when it takes me more than 1 shot to get out of a bunker. Other than that, I'll occasionally drop an iron or driver or something but nothing egregious.

Back in the day, yes. These days, absolutely not.

Though I can't say I baby my clubs either.

I've slammed a wedge into the side of my bag and also tossed a club towards my bag after a bad shot when I'm walking and my stand bag is pretty close to me. I haven't fully thrown a club though. I need to work on my temper on the golf course.

I have once or twice in the past but not anymore. Golf is for me to relax and have fun. Also i work to hard to afford my clubs, I am not destroying them in a fit of rage just to make myself feel better.

Ummmmmm...........YUP I'm guilty of this. Not proud of it but yes I do it. I also have what my regular group calls the tiger drop. Golf can be super frustrating!!!!

Nope, never got mad enough to toss my club. I golf for fun and to challenge myself, when I hit a bad shot I take my penalty, hit another ball and move on.

Back