The Jordan Spieth Thread

It's posts like this that I figured would be coming. Just don't get the thought process behind trying to compare oneself to a professional in the heat of a tournament. Brags that he birdies par 3 12th but conveniently skips mentioning the double bogey on the next hole

f75cb06e7c382190d9137f4d98819d20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully Adam_Stanley steam cleaned Jordan's green jacket after that 89.

Okay, the class and integrity counts for more than the slow play. Well done. I'm back to being a fan.

Class and integrity are wonderful and JS definitely has both...but for me it doesn't excuse slow play. Both JS and Jason Day could play faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

O'Connor apparently only watches golf during major season. The last month he was busy watching cricket.

O'Connor is awful. He is an amusing read during NFL season though; I think he inspires PFTCommenter's hottest takes.

it could have been the same one. I think her name was Karen and didn't catch what media outlet when she mentione it.
I couldn't believe I heard the question correctly, I had to rewind and listen again. His reaction was priceless.

Karen Crouse, NY Times. She writes about golf frequently. Not exactly a hack journalist.

I don't tend to put too much stock in what the media says, but IMO they are doing Spieth a favor by persuing the negative angle aggressively. I think the devout fans will support him even more, and those who don't particularly like him might be won over simply because a lot of them will feel this treatment is unfair. People like to see their heroes fail, as they then can identify better with them. I feel the epic-ness of his masters collapse combined with an exceptionally sour media will make his next victory even more impressive, and overall add to the lore of a great golfer. Victory is great, but redemption is sweeter...

One thing I keep reading is that Jordan is just a kid. I think how he responded to not winning the Masters is fine for 22, 32, 42, 52, ... He is a very mature person. He is also a highly driven athlete who wants to win. It's OK to blow off some steam, to express frustration or disappointment. I feel like some people want these golfers to be robots:

d1356A successfully defended its Master's championship. x9334Z was .0000135 strokes behind and after congratulating the winner acknowledged a putting algorithm issue and promptly self-deleted itself as a consequence of failure.​

I like real people as golfers. Jordan is a superstar in nearly every way in my book. He's doing shockingly well at 22 and doesn't need to change a darn thing.

It's posts like this that I figured would be coming. Just don't get the thought process behind trying to compare oneself to a professional in the heat of a tournament. Brags that he birdies par 3 12th but conveniently skips mentioning the double bogey on the next hole

I'm sure thousands of people were there when he played along with it being aired world wide. @adam_stanley1 is da real MVP :wink:

Last edited:
I haven't read all the responses I'm guilty for sure but skimming I can't believe people are saying Jordan didn't handle himself well. That's ridiculous. The kid just signed the card and came over, congratulated him and put the green jacket on him with a smile. What more do you want? The kid is gracious and so mature well beyond his age. Seeing him like that after the weekend he had only made me a bigger fan. You want to see a poor loser? Look at Cam after the Superbowl. I think it's a joke people need to find anything they can to put someone down. He's the type of kid you hope your children idolize. Never says the wrong thing, never swears, always carries himself well on the course. Of course he gets upset with himself and wears his emotions on his sleeve, but he does it with class. He's a 22 year old kid that carries himself like he's been on tour his entire life. Nobody is perfect but this kid is damn close to that. /Rant
It's crazy how people can bash this kid but defend Bubba (not necessarily the same people I realize)

Gotta love sports.

While I'm no fan of Jordan the golfer ( molasses) I don't see any reason you could fault him as a person.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hurry up, someone tag Titleist and UA so they can snatch him up!:alien:

I checked out his IG and of course he's a writer(media) and so are the people commenting.

Karen Crouse, NY Times. She writes about golf frequently. Not exactly a hack journalist.
Not surprising it was a legit journalist. I think The Masters does a pretty good job of vetting credentials. I never said she was a hack, just commented on how stupid of question is was to call 30 putts not up to your standards and comment about the number of putts by Langer, which had nothing to do with anything, IMO

It's crazy how people can bash this kid but defend Bubba (not necessarily the same people I realize)

Gotta love sports.

While I'm no fan of Jordan the golfer ( molasses) I don't see any reason you could fault him as a person.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think the bigger question is why are some people and the media focused on trying to knock down Jordan or Bubba? Jordan didn't win and Bubba wasn't even in the conversation. Where's the all the discussion about Willett? As far as I know, he won the 2016 Masters and did it in impressive style.

The slow play thing - most of it is about how fast you move between shots. If you get your yardage, figure out the wind, and all that while you are waiting for the group in front to clear, you will never have an issue. When you fall back, especially at the Masters you will get put on the clock. Historically it has happened many times. You and your caddy need to be aware of the fact and push the fast forward button to stay in position. It should not be hard either as the pros only walk a few yards between the greens and tees at Augusta.

The collapse on 12 was no surprise. Speith was wayward a bunch on the front and you can get away with it but when it comes to water - there is no forgiveness. Greller had a big part to play here to. When I saw Speith's head go down after the tee shot I thought - he's in trouble here.
That's where a good caddy steps in and steadies things. He needed to get Speith to think about and discuss all his options and remind him he no one had played from there or even practiced or had yardages from where he hit the next shot from. The big thing is to take time so Speith focuses on the next shot and they go through their routine instead of rushing around and hurrying what turned out to be a very expensive shot.

Not sure how he did that. He's a good kid, and I just became a bigger fan.

How people can cheer for him to choke is effing beyond me.
Lack of class, lack of maturity......
I'm just catching up on reading this thread and not skimming...I'm confused by our post, are you implying Jordan lacks class and maturity??
I believe it was in response to War asking about how people can cheer for him to choke, but I could be wrong, that's how I took it.

No worries either way, Jordan showed true class and for those looking to bring him down, to each his own!

remind him he no one had played from there or even practiced or had yardages from where he hit the next shot from. The big thing is to take time so Speith focuses on the next shot and they go through their routine instead of rushing around and hurrying what turned out to be a very expensive shot.

he gets up and down from there, nobody questions the decision. nobody says, "wow, they never even practiced that shot and he pulled it off." hindsight is 20/20. i have to think he has hit that yardage a million times and nailed it enough times to make it a good decision. he just didn't pull it off that one time.

I don't think Adam Stanley is the first average Jo to compare himself to a pro athlete. I would have done the exact same thing, why, because I know Spieth is beating me in every other aspect of the game. Have to take it where you can haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't think Adam Stanley is the first average Jo to compare himself to a pro athlete. I would have done the exact same thing, why, because I know Spieth is beating me in every other aspect of the game. Have to take it where you can haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I agree whole heartedly, and don't understand the sensitivity as it is all in good fun. I do this all of the time during the Farmer's insurance open when any pro plunks it on 18... "He shoulda had me play this hole for him apparently"

Are there people really nitpicking how Jordan acted after the round yesterday? Jeebus, people need to STFU. The kid (he's still 22) acted like anybody who felt like they let themselves down. I highly doubt Jordan held animosity towards Danny Willet. If anything, Jordan was fighting a losing battle with his own emotions. That is just fine to me.

Instead of focusing on the 10th, 11th, and 12th holes, lets focus on Danny Willet and his bogey free 67. That is what it took to dethrone a young man who lead 7 straight rounds at Augusta National Golf Club. It took a blemish free round to beat Jordan, that is quite honorable.

Here, Here!

Jordan will be fine, Willett played great and the media is a bunch of smucks !!!

I just read the phenomenal Facebook post made by Michael Greller. Very good read that touches not only on the 2016 Masters, but other defining moments in both he and Spieth's golf careers dating back to the amatuer days. Highly recommend reading it.

I just read the phenomenal Facebook post made by Michael Greller. Very good read that touches not only on the 2016 Masters, but other defining moments in both he and Spieth's
golf careers dating back to the amatuer days. Highly recommend reading it.

can you copy it into this thread? i'm not on the facebook.

can you copy it into this thread? i'm not on the facebook.
I can when I get home from work in about an hour. Read it on my phone and am not talented enough to do that from my phone..haha.

What a good read...speaks volumes of that young man.

I think they will be fine. So young and so much golf ahead.

I wonder when he will tee it up again?

Back