Mizuno RB Tour golf balls

AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
I've read the descriptions in various articles.
-Anyone know the compression rating for these?
-What would these compare to? ProV1/V1x?

Could not find that info but

According to Llewellyn, the "C-Dimple" on the RB Tour and RB Tour X "creates more trigger points to keep fast flowing air close to the ball’s surface for longer, simultaneously reducing drag, and strengthening trajectory ... producing a controllable, penetrating driver flight, and noticeable distance gains on full iron shots."

While the company has introduced several ball models for decades in the Asian markets, this new ball changed the thinking about entering the competitive golf ball business in the U.S. “We’ve been lobbied on every social media channel to introduce the ball to the U.S. market, but we specifically wanted to wait for this ball,” Llewellyn said.

The RB Tour is designed to be softer compression than the RB Tour X, while the X will offer low to mid driver spin and the Tour will offer low driver spin. Both four-piece designs offer polybutadiene rubber dual cores with an ionomer mantle and urethane cover.

The Mizuno RB Tour and RB Tour X will be at retail next month ($43 per dozen).

I will definitely try them, i played some RB Balls years ago when i was stationed in Okinawa, LIKED EM" still have a few friends that get over there from time to time and brings me stuff. They have logo's march from the major players that we never see here.

Looking forward to giving these a try. Price point certainly seems reasonable.

Yeah I'm excited to try them as well. I'm curious to see what the feel is like on the RB Tour. Wondering if it's more similar to a ProV1/Z-Star/TP5, or something softer like an AVX, Chrome Soft, Q Star Tour.

I'll give them a try.

Been playing the RBx for a few rounds and really like it, good distance off the driver and irons and excellent around the greens. Once I burn thru the Tour Bxs I have in stock I may just play this ball full time.

Frankly to me the RBx, Tour B XS and TM TP5 seem to play identically in just about everyway.

I picked up a box of the RB and RBX. I like the RBX better, I think. It seems to feel a bit firmer. Both are a great ball though. Good distance off the driver, good spin around the greens, soft feel off the putter.

I got a free dozen RB Tour X's from my club pro when I bought my Mizunos. Great ball. While others are better qualified to judge them, for me at least, they're comparable to the Chrome Soft X Truvis, and the Snell MTBx.

Curious how many rounds you guys have played with the Mizunos?? I know there’s another thread somewhere but the durability of these balls were awful.. I went through a dozen of the rb tour x’s in 4 rounds (without losing any) b/c every full wedge shot completely destroyed the cover

I do think it’s a great performing ball. Great ball speed and very high spin ball with mid/ short irons. This ball would be ideal for my game but the durability was a big downfall for me. Ive never seen a ball get gashes and cuts so easily before

Back