You get the flu? Let's here your horror stories

ForeOnFour

Leave no birdie behind
Reaction score
Handicap
About 10 days ago woke feeling different but couldn't really put my finger on. Coffee nor oatmeal sounded good, just blah.

Got the kids to school get to my desk take off my jacket and man is it cold in my office, therm says it's fine, call my dad office his work and he says mine is also, weird. What I muddle through the daily order I need it get done. Finally starting to warm up, but have now gone to the other end and I'm sitting at my desk sweating. Sis stops by sees me and go home. Wife is getting the boys today so I'll lay on my bed for a while. Sleep like a baby till 8pm that night.

That will be the last time I sleep for more than 4 hours at a time for the next week.

Next day I'm pretty sure someone ran me over last night. More cold sweats and hot chills. Still haven't eaten in 48 hours now.

3, 4, 5 day zero improvement. Wife calls the dr and he send over a script that covers the flu, never knew about that. Iv been eating small tiny portions but am still getting weaker.

Medince works like a champ and I've shown improvement every since starting, finished it yesterday.

I dont know invented the flu but I'd like to stomp your ass, just ass so as I get enough energy back. I lost 11 pounds in 10 days.

O and for the first time in for ever the suns out this weekend and nothing to do, thought I would get to hit my xmas presents. Guess that anit going to happen.

Rant over

Eric

After going back and rereading that I apparently lost some brain cells this week also:D

Waiting for the flu shot debate to commence in 3.........2...........

Glad you are better.

I haven't had the flu in a long time, but this year my daughter (11 months old) got it and about 3 days after she was done - man it took me out of commission for a good three days.

Worst part was not knowing which end it was coming out of. A couple of hours sitting on the toilet with a waste basket in my lap. Not fun.

Not in at least 20 years.. and now with work I'm required to get the flu shot, which I was apprehensive about but it's required or else I have to wear a mask for all flu season

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got it a couple years ago on Christmas Day. Was on the road to the inlaws and as I made the 3.5 hr drive with the family my back started to get sore. We arrived at the the wife’s grandma’s about 30 mins from the inlaws. As we started the Christmas stuff I got worse and worse. Ended up skipping presents and festivities and sleeping in a spare room. The wife then drove that evening all of us the remaining 30 mins to the inlaws where I went straight to bed. That night woke at 3am with the shakes and sweats and needed up in the shower where I hoped for death. Spend the next 2 days feeling like that (in hind sight probably should have gone to the hospital). After 4 days I finally started to feel human again just in time to make the 3.5 hr trek home.

As for the flu shots...... still don’t get one......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been getting flu shots for last 20 years, luckily never had it (touch wood)! Anyone that does get it you have my sympathy.

Glad you are better.

Everybody has an opinion, mines not to get one, even after feeling like death for the last week.

I got it a couple years ago on Christmas Day. Was on the road to the inlaws and as I made the 3.5 hr drive with the family my back started to get sore. We arrived at the the wife’s grandma’s about 30 mins from the inlaws. As we started the Christmas stuff I got worse and worse. Ended up skipping presents and festivities and sleeping in a spare room. The wife then drove that evening all of us the remaining 30 mins to the inlaws where I went straight to bed. That night woke at 3am with the shakes and sweats and needed up in the shower where I hoped for death. Spend the next 2 days feeling like that (in hind sight probably should have gone to the hospital). After 4 days I finally started to feel human again just in time to make the 3.5 hr trek home.

As for the flu shots...... still don’t get one......

No good.

I've told me wife a few times over the last week that it would be easier to just die so just to shoot me.

Not in at least 20 years.. and now with work I'm required to get the flu shot, which I was apprehensive about but it's required or else I have to wear a mask for all flu season

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Couldn't puff the stogie through the mask huh.

Both my children (6 & 4) came down with the flu and ear infections over christmas break. My wife's parents were in town visiting that week also. They both caught the flu and were down sick for most of their visit. My mother-in-law was hospitialized after she got home with pneumonia and some other cold strain, in addition to the flu. My wife came down with some mild symptoms as well but they faded after a day or two.

I had busied myself with replacing my garage door and spent most of that week working by myself in seclusion. I lucked out and somehow managed to avoid all ailments other than pure exhaustion from work.

Now we are dealing with a measles outbreak in our county. My wife, kids and myself have all been vaccinated. However, there is a chance that my immunity may have worn off since I cant remember when i was last vaccinated. Im considering going and getting another shot.

I haven't had the flu in a long time, but this year my daughter (11 months old) got it and about 3 days after she was done - man it took me out of commission for a good three days.

Worst part was not knowing which end it was coming out of. A couple of hours sitting on the toilet with a waste basket in my lap. Not fun.

It's been easy to just keep to kids away from me but when they get sick gotta be hands on and guarantee you'll be sick soon

Both my children (6 & 4) came down with the flu and ear infections over christmas break. My wife's parents were in town visiting that week also. They both caught the flu and were down sick for most of their visit. My mother-in-law was hospitialized after she got home with pneumonia and some other cold strain, in addition to the flu. My wife came down with some mild symptoms as well but they faded after a day or two.

I had busied myself with replacing my garage door and spent most of that week working by myself in seclusion. I lucked out and somehow managed to avoid all ailments other than pure exhaustion from work.

Now we are dealing with a measles outbreak in our county. My wife, kids and myself have all been vaccinated. However, there is a chance that my immunity may have worn off since I cant remember when i was last vaccinated. Im considering going and getting another shot.

Many that was a lot for you to miss hope you miss the measles too!

Glad you are better.
I would, but, well, you know. :)

I can see this rivaling and oil thread. :)
Haven't had a flu shot since high school. Haven't had the flu since then either.

Please excuse the lack of horror.

I can see this rivaling and oil thread. :)
Haven't had a flu shot since high school. Haven't had the flu since then either.

Please excuse the lack of horror.

Oh there’s a flu thread on here somewhere from the past that has some great.....ummmmm.... opinions in there. Almost as good as the old Morgan Cup trash talking threads from many years ago.

Glad you are better.

Get them!
They work!

There’s simply no debate.

Last flu for me was 2013. Started coming down with it just as I boarded a flight from San Diego to Houston. That was the longest most miserable flight I’ve ever been on and the drive home from the airport reminded me of some car rides home from the bar back in the day.

Last flu for me was 2013. Started coming down with it just as I boarded a flight from San Diego to Houston. That was the longest most miserable flight I’ve ever been on and the drive home from the airport reminded me of some car rides home from the bar back in the day.
Update......wife has the flu. I blame it on this thread. It jinxed me. Wife with the flu is worse than me having the flu

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back