Poulter Valspar Heckler

I truly wish the PGA tour guys would all sign an open letter to the fans of the game and ask them nicely to stop being boobs.

I absolutely cannot stand Poulter but good for him. People who want to be douchebags and heckle then seek even more attention via social media deserve every punishment they get. Guy heckling is even more of a douchebag than Poulter lol

I have no problem if some pro gets heckled in sports like basketball where they fans sit there waving pool noodles as the opposing team is shooting free throws or some old lady who happens to be worth 10 figures telling Lebron so suck it up. Those things are standard in some sports and that makes them fun. Golf is different, although if every hole was 16 at Waste Management Open I would be cool with it.

I think the hecklers probably in the wrong but the tweets in the article aren't that bad. I just think it's ridiculous that as a professional athlete you have to go out of your way to tattle tale on a guy trying to get him fired. If you don't have thicker skin than that your not cut out to be a professional athlete and it's time to get a real job.

I only wish there was a way for them to both get fired from their jobs.

Good on Wenis

I'm not a Poulter fan but I love this move by him and the guy got what he deserved!

Poulter up 2 Idiots down 2 after 2

I don't really have any issues with the heckling. I just think the guy was dumb to use his work twitter handle!

Harassing a pro golfer doesn't seem like a fireable offense by itself. Maybe he was a tool at work too and they had enough of him.

If you throw it out there you better know there will consequences

Dude crossed the line and got what he deserved.

Poulter is still a twit and i hope he and the guy are both watching the ryder cup from the sidelines.

Tug boat mouth over ran the row boat A$$. I'm happy to see this DB canned.

I doubt what he did crossed the line at the tournament, although I think it's funny they were loaded in the Hooters tent.

I bet he got fired for a lot more than making the wenis feel like a chump... Specifically, being drunk on his school'ish Twitter account.

I think the hecklers probably in the wrong but the tweets in the article aren't that bad. I just think it's ridiculous that as a professional athlete you have to go out of your way to tattle tale on a guy trying to get him fired. If you don't have thicker skin than that your not cut out to be a professional athlete and it's time to get a real job.
I will disagree with the last point. Being a professional athlete does not somehow strip you of the right to not have people be douches to you.

Don't like Poults and to me this is a bit of overkill. Nowhere close to the soccer hooligans who shouted nasty vile things at a female reporter doing a live bit who got their butts fired. Dumb move by the guy to post about it on social media, but fired over it? C'mon. Maybe he had a personal code of conduct in his contract with the school that this fell under, but even then...

I will disagree with the last point. Being a professional athlete does not somehow strip you of the right to not have people be douches to you.

I'm not defending acting like an idiot on the Internet. But as a professional athlete and a public figure you have to understand that heckling is part of it. If you can't handle that then don't have a Twitter or have someone run it for you don't go around trying to get people fired because they hurt your feelers.

I don't think Poults asked to have him fired. If you're representing something like a school on Twitter though, you may want to be considerate of what you're posting. I don't know for sure, but I have a funny feeling this was not this guy's only issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not defending acting like an idiot on the Internet. But as a professional athlete and a public figure you have to understand that heckling is part of it. If you can't handle that then don't have a Twitter or have someone run it for you don't go around trying to get people fired because they hurt your feelers.
Once again, I have to disagree. Can you see someone yelling this at Nicklaus? I can't. It's the whole apologist mentality that says it's alright because of the guy's choice of careers that pervades American society. It's not OK to be a douche, no matter what. Secondly, from what I saw, nowhere did Poulter ask for the guy to be fired. He sent a snarky text, that's about it.

Heckling a pro athlete is nothing new. It just made that guy another random moron. It's another to heckle a pro athlete and admit to making yourself a public (probably drunken) spectacle while be employeed by an institution of higher education.

Heckling a pro athlete is nothing new. It just made that guy another random moron. It's another to heckle a pro athlete and admit to making yourself a public (probably drunken) spectacle while be employeed by an institution of higher education.

Maybe there's something I'm missing from what I gathered the dude told pouler he was going to hit it in the lake and got kicked out for it. Then poulter hit it in the lake and the dude sent a tweet saying he was the reason he hit it in the lake.

If that's the whole story then that is an unbelievably flimsy reason for getting canned.

Maybe there's something I'm missing from what I gathered the dude told pouler he was going to hit it in the lake and got kicked out for it. Then poulter hit it in the lake and the dude sent a tweet saying he was the reason he hit it in the lake.

If that's the whole story then that is an unbelievably flimsy reason for getting canned.
When you're an assistant athletic director, it's probably a bad look to publicly wish for an athlete to fail, then gloat about an athletes failure.

I think he also mentioned "boozin' in the Hooters tent" or something along those lines.

When you're an assistant athletic director, it's probably a bad look to publicly wish for an athlete to fail, then gloat about an athletes failure.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. Not like the guy is some accountant where his opinions on athletes mean absolutely nothing.

I have a very strict policy of logging off all social media when I start boozing and I don't condone heckling at golf events even if I think pro golfers are waaaaaayyyyy too sensitive to noise and movement. We're supposed to be gentlemen after all.

That said running to some drunk doosh's employer and tattling is Hot Topic age appropriate behavior. Especially for someone who has taken to Twitter to bash others in the past. And I can't buy into the representing higher education argument or morality clauses. Colleges all over have shown they will tolerate and cover up much, much worse behavior so long as the offenders keep bringing in the $$$.

And all that said I don't think the heckler is anyone I'd enjoy hanging out with but getting fired? I don't see it.

Damn. Now I'm in the mood for some Hooters wings. Logging off....

Back