Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those that know more than me about doing work with shafts and adapters: should a reputable club builder be able to take a Titleist tip off of a driver shaft so that I can use the shaft in a different clubhead?

Question for those that know more than me about doing work with shafts and adapters: should a reputable club builder be able to take a Titleist tip off of a driver shaft so that I can use the shaft in a different clubhead?

absolutely.

I have had it done. So yes.

Yup. I have had it done on a few occasions with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really not that hard. Low heat (heat gun) with a puller gets the job done and keeps the integrity of the shaft in check.

Shouldn't be an issue for you at all having it done professionally.

absolutely.

I have had it done. So yes.

Yup. I have had it done on a few occasions with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really not that hard. Low heat (heat gun) with a puller gets the job done and keeps the integrity of the shaft in check.

Shouldn't be an issue for you at all having it done professionally.

Appreciate the input. I'm going to the same guy at Golfsmith that changed out the Cobra adapter on my Grandura shaft when I had an issue with it, I was more wondering if the Titleist adapter was any harder to deal with. I got a really good deal on a shaft that a guy was using in a Titleist driver, and I want to take that shaft and play it in a Callaway 3 wood. So the adapter needs to come off, tip gets trimmed 1/2 inch per recommendations by Mitsubishi Rayon, then butt trimmed to playing length.

Pondering whether to switch out my current Chev Org 14 stand bag:

callaway-golf-standbag-chev-tp_131459565185282870f.jpg

For a new Staff Bag (Nike Vapor, blue)

137785556BG0393-401-PHSRZ001.png

Love the look of it, but I can't decide :banghead:

Putters... So many putters.

Appreciate the input. I'm going to the same guy at Golfsmith that changed out the Cobra adapter on my Grandura shaft when I had an issue with it, I was more wondering if the Titleist adapter was any harder to deal with. I got a really good deal on a shaft that a guy was using in a Titleist driver, and I want to take that shaft and play it in a Callaway 3 wood. So the adapter needs to come off, tip gets trimmed 1/2 inch per recommendations by Mitsubishi Rayon, then butt trimmed to playing length.

I think Titleist is one of the many adapters that can be reused, unlike TaylorMade where the plastic just melts off and makes a mess.

Only issue might be the black turning to burgundy.

Pondering whether to switch out my current Chev Org 14 stand bag:

callaway-golf-standbag-chev-tp_131459565185282870f.jpg

For a new Staff Bag (Nike Vapor, blue)

137785556BG0393-401-PHSRZ001.png

Love the look of it, but I can't decide :banghead:

I would never talk anyone out of that Vapor Staff Bag...it's just sexy!!

Out finding a better "travel bag".

20ecfe6d098d0d073ba00ce575516fcd.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I would never talk anyone out of that Vapor Staff Bag...it's just sexy!!

It sure is! I'm heading to the store tomorrow to give it a "test run" and see how it feels in the flesh :blob:

Looking at replacing my wedges.

I think I need some longer more heavy duty headcovers for my woods. I love the look of the Seamus but my bag fell over in the wind the other day and scratched up my 3w through the cover.

Any ideas that are good? Was thinking Rose and fire but not sure how well they fit and how easy to get on and off.

Done.
5b61de5ef9d019ad69198bff7fe0cd39.jpg

Out finding a better "travel bag".

20ecfe6d098d0d073ba00ce575516fcd.jpg

Was cruising the Callaway website last night and have become very intrigued by the Apex hybrid. Came really close to pulling the trigger last night but backed off to do more research. Still an extremely strong ponder atthis point.

Was cruising the Callaway website last night and have become very intrigued by the Apex hybrid. Came really close to pulling the trigger last night but backed off to do more research. Still an extremely strong ponder atthis point.

if you end up waiting you can hit mine at Club Clash

if you end up waiting you can hit mine at Club Clash
Thanks! Ive got the twitch pretty bad so I dunno if Ill last that long lol. If I can survive this next month, ill take you up on that.

My Four 5 bag broke, so getting it returned under warranty. Might get a C-130 instead.

Just order it, you will not be sorry.

I freaking love mine

Thanks! Ive got the twitch pretty bad so I dunno if Ill last that long lol. If I can survive this next month, ill take you up on that.

Just order it, you will not be sorry.

I freaking love mine
This was the thought that made me damn near pull the trigger last night.

I cant remember the last Cally club that I didnt like and this club seems like its right in my wheelhouse.

Only question is how the shaft plays. Any insights on the shaft?

I cant remember the last Cally club that I didnt like and this club seems like its right in my wheelhouse.

The stock kk in stiff holds up well for me

For me it launches a little lower than the fuji pro 80 and a lot lower than the tour red. This are the main hybrid shafts I have played

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For me it launches a little lower than the fuji pro 80 and a lot lower than the tour red. This are the main hybrid shafts I have played

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice! Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back