Mitsubishi Rayon OT Iron Shaft Series

StanTheCaddy

Who wants 2 have some fun
Reaction score
Handicap
9.8 USGA
Has anyone tried the Mitsubishi Rayon OT iron shafts? When I was looking around at graphite shafts I came across them and they are at the top of my ponder list. I got a gift certificate for Christmas for an iron and driver fitting and I made sure to choose a place that has these iron shafts (among many others). I really like how they look a lot like steel shafts and they seem to have a lot of tech packed into them. Curious if any THPer's have tried them and how they compare to other graphite shafts. I'll definitely share my experience after my fitting which will be in early Spring. Below is a link for the OT iron shafts.

http://www.mrc-golf.com/products/ot™-irons

I hit an 8 iron that had them in there recently. Only took a few swings.
They were okay to me

I loved the KK irons hafts, haven't tried these yet, love the look, steel like.

I hit an 8 iron that had them in there recently. Only took a few swings.
They were okay to me

What iron shaft would you say it most closely compares to?

I play the OT 85 in my lastest iron set. It is a very smooth feeling shaft that has a very tight dispersion at the same time. The smooth feeling can also be interpreted as weak to flex but unlike other shafts that feel that way this shaft doesn't react or behave loose. I even play the shaft in a weaker flex than MRC suggests for my swing speed.
Feelwise the recoil 670 was a good match for me. Performancewise the recoil prototype had also a tight dispersion. So for me the OT is the perfect blend between these two shafts. But you have to trust the shaft and don't let the smooth feeling fool you. Hard hitters with a strong transition may experience different results.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the Mitsubishi Rayon OT iron shafts? When I was looking around at graphite shafts I came across them and they are at the top of my ponder list. I got a gift certificate for Christmas for an iron and driver fitting and I made sure to choose a place that has these iron shafts (among many others). I really like how they look a lot like steel shafts and they seem to have a lot of tech packed into them. Curious if any THPer's have tried them and how they compare to other graphite shafts. I'll definitely share my experience after my fitting which will be in early Spring. Below is a link for the OT iron shafts.

http://www.mrc-golf.com/products/ot™-irons

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

As my graphite shaft ponder continues, I came across this shaft. I'm surprised that it really flew under the radar.

Looks like some great tech.

Any new feedback on these shafts? Thank you

Any new feedback on these shafts? Thank you

I just fitted into these in my fitting Saturday. I picked up some ball speed with them it would seem, but I'm not sure how much of it was head and how much was shaft - since the head I fitted into was JPX 900 Forged which has more forgiveness and a thinner face than my DF's.

They felt very good and I got dispersion similar to my Steelfibers, and with the 900 Forged in the OT's I picked up some yards (6 on average), but I think that mostly comes down to the characteristics of the head. The kicker is these things are TWICE as expensive as the Steelfiber - and the Steelfiber aren't terribly cheap to begin with.

Back