2016 Gauntlet Extra Rounds Thread

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Now that all the participants have been announced, I would like to help everyone coordinate and schedule extra rounds for the event.

There are a lot of options in the area, and Spivey might be able to secure spots at his private club, Desert Forest, as well depending on demand.

Post your days and and any preferences you may have and I will work with everyone to coordinate.

Thursday AM Round - Talking Stick North - 7:47 AM - $70.00

1. NoLine
2. will82
3. Open
4. kenisland

Thursday PM Round - Talking Stick South - 1:01, 1:10 and 1:18 PM - $70.00

1. Spivey
2. Will82
3. molten
4. Pokeslice
5. tanker337
6. JP_CO
7. BigTex
8. arwin
9. kenisland
10. NoLine
11. Open
12. Open

Friday AM - Desert Forest - 8:00 AM Shotgun start

Spivey
WuBears71
Awkward Silence
Will82
Pokeslice
mpeterson
mixalot
arwin
JP_CO
molten
Mr.hicksta
x.man
GregDan
Tanker337
azrsx
BigTex

Monday AM Round - (Course TBD)

spivey
wubears71

Updated 4/9

Last edited:
Werd. I'm gonna try and get out there a day or two early, open to anything really. Going to start doing homework about it now.

#TeamStripeShow

Desert Forest is amazing!!!

I ain't playin' around. Looks like I'm down for some pre-golf golf.

#TeamStripeShow

I'm planning on arriving early Thursday morning and staying through MOnday with a 5 pm departure. I'm hoping to get in 4 extra rounds - one on Thursday, 2 on Friday and 1 on Monday.

Are we staying at the We Ko Pa conference center?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm planning on arriving early Thursday morning and staying through MOnday with a 5 pm departure. I'm hoping to get in 4 extra rounds - one on Thursday, 2 on Friday and 1 on Monday.

I dont think they have announced where they are getting a deal on lodging yet.

I would advise staying there. You can book pretty cheap through hotels.com

I dont think they have announced where they are getting a deal on lodging yet.

No lodging through THP on this one. I would book on site it's pretty cheap.

I would advise staying there. You can book pretty cheap through hotels.com

From what I remember there is nothing around We Ko Pa except for the resort and conference center.

From what I remember there is nothing around We Ko Pa except for the resort and conference center.

Correct, but it's easy access to all of the north Scottsdale area plus I can assure you you'll want to be on site during the event at least.

I think I might be using Marriott points for this trip.

http://www.desertforestgolfclub.com

If anyone wants to play a round at my club, here is the website.

I am going to say this ahead of time, so nobody is surprised if they choose to play. This is a golf club, not a country club. This may be one of the hardest golf courses that you ever play. It is absolutely beautiful, in terrific shape, fantastic greens and bunkers, but it is brutal if you spray the ball off of the tee box. There are lots of tee options, so do not feel as if you need to be a long hitter to play it.

There are no beverage carts. You can walk if you choose (there are push carts available).

It will be a terrific warm up for WeKoPa.

If there are more than 12 ppl who want to play, I need to get approval from the board, so the sooner you decide, the better.

There are a few THP'ers who have played this course previously (including Fupi and Tanker337), you can ask them what they think of the course. I am biased, clearly, but it is a fantastic place to play golf.

I would love to see everyone involved in the Gauntlet join for a round, but I certainly understand if, for whatever reason, you choose to bow out and play somewhere else. I will certainly join everyone if the decision is to play an early round elsewhere.

And please let me know if you are planning on arriving early or staying late - I am always up for a round with other THP'ers!!

Last edited:
I'm in Dave!

When is everyone planning on coming in? Right now it looks like both from a price standpoint and time off standpoint, I'll be flying out first thing Thurs AM, and taking the red eye on Sunday. Probably try to get in an afternoon round Thursday and one Friday?

Kinda not true at all, as JB previously mentioned in the thread I believe THP has negotiated a great rate with We-Ko-Pa for those interested in staying on site. I would assume once the dust settles GOlfergal (or JB) will post the info.

Kinda not true at all, as JB previously mentioned in the thread I believe THP has negotiated a great rate with We-Ko-Pa for those interested in staying on site. I would assume once the dust settles GOlfergal (or JB) will post the info.

Glad I didn't book about 1 hour ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it may yet?

Glad I didn't book about 1 hour ago.

Well to give you a preview

We-ko-pa site is $199/night

THP rate is $89

WOW!

My thoughts right now are to get out there Thursday morning and leave Monday afternoon. I'd love to play a round Thursday afternoon, sometime Friday, and possibly Monday morning.. I won't book the flight until next month (my AA points have to post), so I won't have definite dates until then.

at that rate I would shelf the marriott points get a killer deal and share with someone if anyone is up for that.

Edit: Should we open another Travel thread or just lump all that talk into this one? Seems easier to use this one.

Right now I am thinking about coming out Wednesday night or Thursday morning, and get in at least one round Thursday and Friday. Probably head home late Sunday or early Monday.

Looks like a great deal on the resort, so going to stay there.

I think I may be out there the last week of March for a little spring training and golf trip also. Once that firms up maybe get a bonus round with some THP folks.

Right now I am thinking about coming out Wednesday night or Thursday morning, and get in at least one round Thursday and Friday. Probably head home late Sunday or early Monday.

Looks like a great deal on the resort, so going to stay there.

I think I may be out there the last week of March for a little spring training and golf trip also. Once that firms up maybe get a bonus round with some THP folks.

#ScoutingTheCourse

Back