Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Second round in with the XR-16. I couldn't be more pleased with this driver. Mine has the stock Speeder 565 Evolution in regular flex and it's perfect fit for me.

I'll have a demo of the XR16 on the course this coming Sunday. Just deciding which shaft to bring from my garage, likely going to try it with the Rouge Silver I have tipped up.

Very intrigued by this one. Definitely plan on giving it a hit soon. Was absolutely killing my GBB last weekend, and dont plan on replacing it. But its always nice to know whats out there, and to let your driver know when its not behaving that it can be replaced.

I will certainly hit this one as I've been a bit of a Callaway hoe in recent years. I currently own a X Hot Pro, X2 Hot Pro, 815 DBD, and a XR driver. I also have only played Callaway fairway woods since the X Hot 2Deep came out a few years ago.

For some reason this year I'm much more excited to put my Cobra King LTD in play that arrives hopefully tomorrow. I'll try to stay rational when testing the XR16 this spring.

Second round in with the XR-16. I couldn't be more pleased with this driver. Mine has the stock Speeder 565 Evolution in regular flex and it's perfect fit for me.

Ugg...comments like this make me want to buy it right now. I know it's in my future as I have a genetic flaw that makes me buy golf clubs.

Ugg...comments like this make me want to buy it right now. I know it's in my future as I have a genetic flaw that makes me buy golf clubs.

Genetic flaw activated...just purchased this club.

Congrats! I've had a couple of rounds with mine also. Wasn't too crazy about the 565 speeder so I swapped it out with a Aldila Rogue 60 I/O in R flex from my GBB...Feels like it has more kick now and lower spin...The XR 16 head is super forgiving all over the face and great distance...

Hit both of these at the store again today and they're both really good clubs.

You guys should hit the XR 16 3 wood. It's Sweeeeet! Has the same 565 speeder shaft as the driver. Going to be a killer combo for me this year.

This was his on FlightScope this morning and I have to say I came away really impressed. I already knew it was a solid driver, but have been happy with my GBB since the Grandaddy and really just had this one in the back of my mind. Playing it on the range, I get 2 mph more ball speed than that of my GBB and the sound is infectious.

Was killing some time today at Golfsmith today, and decided to give this one a hit. Was using a 10.5 degree that I cranked up to 12.5, with the stock stiff shaft. I really liked it. Speed step on the crown didnt bother me at all. Ball felt really hot off the face and was very forgiving. Wasnt an optimized setup for me as I generally prefer regular flex and a higher launch shaft, but was still getting some really good numbers with it. Strongly considering bringing in my GBB to do a head to head against it, but would pop my white tie in from my GBB to do the test. Interested if it would give me more ball speed as it did for JB. Really good offering from Callaway as always.

First time poster...just found this site. Today I pulled the trigger on the XR16... Bought it at the local GG. I have hit this thing at least 5 different times and the results, for me, are outstanding. SS right around 90, carrying right around 220 with around 20 yards of roll. Spin was right @ 2200 and 14* launch. I looked at a number of different drivers, but kept coming back to the XR16. Was hitting the G15 prior to buying this club. Really excited about this baby.

I've had 2 rounds with this club now. It is ridiculously easy to hit.

Guys are getting fit right now at UST for this head and Nate is literally murdering the ball with it. 301 and 304 for the last two balls with the new UST shaft during his fitting.

They don't call him big time for nothing. Those are some bombs.

Dang Nate that's huuuuuge

I haven't hit this head yet, I did hit the XR16 Pro version at Golfsmith a couple of weeks ago. It instantly put a scare into my new GBB which has never been on a course yet:)

The numbers were virtually identical, but the Pro was easier to work left to right for me.

Im convinced that I may move to this driver head.
I love my GBB and hit it further than I have hit any driver EVER. But on the monitor, I was getting 2-3 more yards, higher ball flight, similar spin and the sound is intoxicating.

I love my GBB and hit it further than I have hit any driver EVER. But on the monitor, I was getting 2-3 more yards, higher ball flight, similar spin and the sound is intoxicating.

Very interesting. Any forgiveness thoughts? That's where the GBB shines for me.

Didn't care for the original XR so unsure what has changed with this one.

I really hate this forum,,, just when I think my bag is filled just right...

Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

As I said earlier, this club is ridiculously easy to hit. I've always been an ok driver of the ball, accuracy wise, but I've always struggled with any sort of decent trajectory. My balls have always gone fairly low and ran for ever. Whichever driver I've hit, has always been the same. This is the first driver that has allowed me to get the ball up in the air. Admittedly, when I went to get fit, I ended up with a 12.5 degree lift. But even so, this club launches superb, feels fantastic and even on mishits still travels. It feels so much better than the R11 it replaced. My only concern is the slight closed club face. As someone that draws the ball anyway, I have to be super careful when gripping the club. I have thought about the pro, but I really don't want to lose the forgiveness or the new found height on my drives that this club has given me.

OOH OOH THAT SOUND, THE SOUND OF IT SURROUNDS YOU. Mine will be here Monday. GBB is on the bench.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OOH OOH THAT SOUND, THE SOUND OF IT SURROUNDS YOU. Mine will be here Monday. GBB is on the bench.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can't bring myself to dump the GBB yet but after today's round with Xr16 3w, I think GBb's time may be up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back