GolfBuddy CT2 Micro GPS - THP Review

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favourite design elements of the CT2 from GolfBuddy is the ability to move the hole location (or where they define the center of the green) on the fly. It takes a bit of extra time, but if you're really not that confident about the line given, you can actually move the center point to a different preset on the green.

screenshot_05.jpg

It's not the easiest thing to do, and I'd love to see them make it easier, but that it's even an option is very smart.

It's great to see this feature in such a no-frills unit. It surprises me that it's there, but it's the kind of feature that could help push me over the edge to buy rather than just ponder.

It's great to see this feature in such a no-frills unit. It surprises me that it's there, but it's the kind of feature that could help push me over the edge to buy rather than just ponder.

It's really good, Shane. I didn't find myself using it too much on the fly because of the extra button pushing, but those who are focused on their round could easily make the change during the walk from drive to second shot without hindering pace.

It's really good, Shane. I didn't find myself using it too much on the fly because of the extra button pushing, but those who are focused on their round could easily make the change during the walk from drive to second shot without hindering pace.

So to move the target you use the buttons on the side? No touch screen?

So to move the target you use the buttons on the side? No touch screen?

It is not a touch screen, that's correct. I don't think they could get the length of battery life anyone would want with a touch screen and I don't think it takes away from the functionality of the unit.

It is not a touch screen, that's correct. I don't think they could get the length of battery life anyone would want with a touch screen and I don't think it takes away from the functionality of the unit.

I actually feel this is a good thing. I had the VT3 for a while which is similar to this but it had a touch screen that would do things I never wanted it to do at random times. I'm excited this is more no nonsense but still gives the option to be a little more granular when needed without the hinderance of a touch screen that goes wonky when you just need yardage!

Now, if they would just release a black one it would be perfect. I just picked a blue one up off their site for $149.99 to give it a go =)

Great review Dan, looks to be a solid unit for someone wanting a GPS unit for golf. Did you come across any situations where it had a tee box or green in the wrong location? I know with the phone apps I've used some courses around here have made changes or something is off and it won't recognize when you're on a new tee box, or the green is not appearing in the correct place.

Great job here Dan. Did not expect such a small device like this to also have the distance measuring and hazard information. For those that don't want a watch but still want something small, this appears to be a fantastic option. And the green looks awesome to boot.

Great review Dan, looks to be a solid unit for someone wanting a GPS unit for golf. Did you come across any situations where it had a tee box or green in the wrong location? I know with the phone apps I've used some courses around here have made changes or something is off and it won't recognize when you're on a new tee box, or the green is not appearing in the correct place.

Never had that issue.

Any issues seeing it either from direct sunlight or just being small?

No issues at all. There's a bit of glare created by the sun that makes it really tough to photograph, but I never had any issues seeing any of the content.

For those who don't have the best sight, you can also hold down the bottom two buttons to remove the back/front distance numbers and make the middle-of-green number substantially larger.

Great review! Now I'm thinking twice about going with a GPS watch or one of these units. Only $50 more for the watch, but I like how small the CT2 is.

I would be afraid I would get to the middle of the fairway and it wouldn't be clipped to my hat/belt/pocket and I'd have to go back to look for it.

The clip on the CT2 is designed to work with a lanyard, which is included. It's basically meant to be a pocket-watch GPS, and if you use it with the lanyard attached to a belt or belt loop, it is impossible to lose it on the course.

Courses are preloaded and updates via GolfBuddy Course Manager are free, no subscription fees ever.

Back