What would you add to spice up a local golf expo show

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi
Attended a local golf expo this weekend and it was slightly lackluster.I visited at the prime time and the attendance was minimal at best.Basically it was local vendors selling old-current gear at marginal decent prices.Local courses giving away discounted rounds-out of state resorts looking to sell time shares.Also had a local pro giving away free analysis on site for anyone that signs up for a lesson package.No simulators/no workshops/no activities for the young ones/No entertainment besides some minor discounts
I'm a slightly new to golf,but have some ideas that would make this more entertaining for everyone
@golf contests for kids by age -putting-chipping-simulator driving
@Some type of classic-contemporary music playing.Literally no sound besides the normal chatter @local long drive guys-gals putting on a exhibition in a simulator
@Nets to take some swings
@golf teachers putting on exhibitions all day

just my thoughts.What would you add to make a local golf show appealing to everyone?

Very simple. Lots of launch monitors, simulators and demo clubs. Fitting sessions, lessons, and contests to top it off.

I went to one of these last year and it was a huge disappointment. It was 90% booths from courses, local and destination style, handing out brochures (some were literally just a table with brochures sitting on it). A few had coupons, but most didn't. There was a Golf Galaxy "Clearance Corner" with what appeared to be in-store prices. The only other place to even buy anything was one booth with ridiculously old equipment at ridiculously high prices. Aside from the snack bar, those were the only places to even buy anything. There was not a single simulator or launch monitor...only some nets to hit into. I drove an hour to get there, then only spent 45 minutes walking around before leaving.

I'd add vendors, simulators, lessons, and competitions.

will let you know after this weekend

Well....here's a couple ideas that might spice things up a bit......

....Just sayin:confused2:

golf%20girl2_zpsypfhu7fj.jpg
golf%20girl_zpsx6p8rv9u.jpg

You do realize this forum is owned by a woman?

Surprised it took that many posts :banghead:

Hi
Attended a local golf expo this weekend and it was slightly lackluster.I visited at the prime time and the attendance was minimal at best.Basically it was local vendors selling old-current gear at marginal decent prices.Local courses giving away discounted rounds-out of state resorts looking to sell time shares.Also had a local pro giving away free analysis on site for anyone that signs up for a lesson package.No simulators/no workshops/no activities for the young ones/No entertainment besides some minor discounts
I'm a slightly new to golf,but have some ideas that would make this more entertaining for everyone
@golf contests for kids by age -putting-chipping-simulator driving
@Some type of classic-contemporary music playing.Literally no sound besides the normal chatter @local long drive guys-gals putting on a exhibition in a simulator
@Nets to take some swings
@golf teachers putting on exhibitions all day

just my thoughts.What would you add to make a local golf show appealing to everyone?

I will answer this after I get back from the Novi golf show.

You do realize this forum is owned by a woman?

This is not at all meant to be degrading nor disrespectful but just some fun. I know there are women here too. There have been much harsher things posted and mentioned in these forums on occasion in the past. heck, we even had an entire thread on the sexy women caddy's used for bachelor parties and corporate events. And if I might add I voiced I was not really a fan of that stuff. many others disagreed and many mentioned that sex sells. We've also had plenty conversations where some of our own wording later drew in some humorous (and not so clean) implied responses all in good fun. Imo a little friendly humor even if a bit on the sexy side shouldn't be offensive. We are all imo fairly friendly adults here and most of us (men and women) know each other (via our conversations) in a friendly manor. My apologies if this friendly humor offended someone but humor is humor imo and political correctness is something imo that has no place in humor. If a woman (instead of me) posted a beefcake picture with the same post as mine I certainly would not be insulted and would have laughed at the suggested humor of the post. Not trying to make a statement nor cause troubles here nor would I ever take things too far on the sexy side of course. Only intent here was a little fun humor. Actually showed this to my wife and she got a kick out of it. The question imo (for the sake of good fun) sort of fell right into the fun response that I think all us adults could appreciate without getting offended. But that's just me.

But I have a ton of resect for woman. I sometime wonder why many woman even sell (market) themselves this way. I am actually (according to my friends and family) about as old fashion as is gets for someone 51 yrs old. Wont go to strip clubs, hate the sex on tv and in PG movies, treat my wife and all women respectfully. I know I am going on and on but now I feel like I need to explain myself now. This world we live now (at least in this country) requires us to watch every single little darn thing we say and do and imo it gets ridiculous. We cant even have fun and joke around anymore with our friendly (no ill intent) casual conversations without worrying about who might get insulted. Now its been mentioned that my post, (though no ill intent) may have insulted people and so I do apologize for that and explain myself and hope no one thinks I am a disrespectful sexist. I would never want to see this forum heading in the wrong directions. Would never take things that far. Was just a little friendly humor and imo nothing worse than other posts we have had in our threads.. I do realize this forum is not a democracy and has ownership and if my post went too far and/or was offensive I really do apologize for doing that.

Back