Phil Mickelson in 2016

I wonder what the difference is between the ball Phil uses and the new chrome softs

With the various tinkering he did this week and be able to finish second makes me think,once he gets his bag set he will be playing some really good golf heading into the masters

With the various tinkering he did this week and be able to finish second makes me think,once he gets his bag set he will be playing some really good golf heading into the masters

Yeah, I'M excited that Phil is getting back into form, but honestly, I think that he tends to do better on the west coast swing then goes into a lull a bit before peaking for the Masters. That much talent, you could probably give him a broom handle and a rock and he'd be able to shoot a couple under par!

He is quite brave for making changes mid tournament, but hearing him talk about them, it sounds like he truly values the on course experience with equipment.

He is quite brave for making changes mid tournament, but hearing him talk about them, it sounds like he truly values the on course experience with equipment.

And he's not afraid to take chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wins a major this year.... Yes he is tinkering but he was a half inch away from possibly winning in PB. I think he is going to continue to improve and with his big game experience, I think he's got a shot to win a few this year... I will say 3 with one being a Major. I don't think he's done yet.

I may read this tomorrow and punch myself in the face.... I am not getting much sleep these days... #1yearoldnightowl.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wins a major this year.... Yes he is tinkering but he was a half inch away from possibly winning in PB. I think he is going to continue to improve and with his big game experience, I think he's got a shot to win a few this year... I will say 3 with one being a Major. I don't think he's done yet.

I may read this tomorrow and punch myself in the face.... I am not getting much sleep these days... #1yearoldnightowl.
It sure feels like he's poised to finally win his first US Open either this year or next.

I hope its a year of Phil!

Being the Phil fan that I am, here's my prediction (granted, with the help of seeing some of his recent play).

One regular tour win.
One major win.
One major runner up.

Personally, I want to see him get the US Open, but it could just as easily be the Masters, which he seems to perform well in every year.

~Rock

Being the Phil fan that I am, here's my prediction (granted, with the help of seeing some of his recent play).

One regular tour win.
One major win.
One major runner up.

Personally, I want to see him get the US Open, but it could just as easily be the Masters, which he seems to perform well in every year.

~Rock

I see him getting into the final group of the US Open with a chance to win. Then I see him doing something very "Phil-like" and finding a way to lose on the 18th hole of that final round.

I'd love to see him finally get that US Open title, but I just don't see it happening. He's just been way too uneven the last couple years.

Nice 66 to close out the tournament. I think that his old swing tries to resurface when the pressure really ratchets up but I like what I'm seeing overall. When he's swinging well you can see the additional width on his downswing but man these are changes he should have made A LONG TIME AGO. Better late than never I suppose. I still think he's gonna piece it together this year but I wouldn't be surprised for a spectacular 2017.

Was surprised the Anser hybrid and the WBW Versa 9 made a return after so long.

Keep the 816 in the bag Phil so I don't have to get rid of mine!

Back