2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

I may still wear just for the compression aspect. God this can't happen soon enough

Agreed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may need to change my allegiance if the captain of my favorite team is wearing tights. :alien:

I may need to change my allegiance if the captain of my favorite team is wearing tights. :alien:
Lots of cool dudes wear tights, like Peter Pan.

Merino Merauders can be changed to Lost Boys.

Lots of cool dudes wear tights, like Peter Pan.

Merino Merauders can be changed to Lost Boys.

Batman, Spiderman, Superman, etc. all wear tights. Freddie's super power would probably be super speed, so we can call him Panda Express.

Batman, Spiderman, Superman, etc. all wear tights. Freddie's super power would probably be super speed, so we can call him Panda Express.

I suppose I can't accuse you of spending all day thinking this one up since this whole tights discussion just got going.

If my cap'n wants to wear tights with his Kentwool gear then dammit he can wear tights. And still take WW names doing it!

I suppose I can't accuse you of spending all day thinking this one up since this whole tights discussion just got going.

If my cap'n wants to wear tights with his Kentwool gear then dammit he can wear tights. And still take WW names doing it!

......But you gotta admit, Panda Express was pretty damn funny! it's almost go time!

JM

On a completely random thought, I bet some Kentwool base layers would be awesome.

I was debating packing the one pair of Kentwool socks I currently own for Friday.
I thought better of it and decided they'd serve me better on my long travel day Thursday.

I was debating packing the one pair of Kentwool socks I currently own for Friday.
I thought better of it and decided they'd serve me better on my long travel day Thursday.

We have 36 holes on Friday though!

Having fun thinking through the formats this morning. I always get confused (especially remembering what Pinehurst is) so figured I would try to quickly outline the formats in case anyone else was wondering/confused.

4 Ball (best ball)
- all 4 play their own ball, lowest score for each team is used and that lowest score wins that team the hole

Shamble
- all 4 players tee off. Each team picks one tee shot and both players play from that tee shot for the remainder of the hole playing their own ball out, lowest score for each team is used and that lowest score wins that team the hole

Alternate Shot
- players alternate tee shots (player A will tee off on all odd numbered holes and player B will tee off on all even numbered holes). After player A hits tee shot on hole 1, player B will hit second shot on hole 1 and they alternate until the ball is holed out. Regardless of who makes that final stroke into the hole, player B will still tee off on hole 2. Lower score between the 2 teams will win the hole.

Pinehurst
- both players tee off. Player A hits from where player B's tee shot ends up and player B hits from where player A's tee shot ends up. After both second shots have been played the team then selects the best option between the second shots to play into the hole via alternate shot. So, let's say player A's second shot was in the rough and player B's was on the green, they would likely select player B's second shot and player A would putt from there and they would alternate until the ball is holed out.
Lower score between the 2 teams will win the hole.

Hopefully I got that right, if not I'm sure someone will chime in and get me straight. They are all great formats and add in the handicaps into this and you usually have some VERY tight matches. Get ready for a blast!

Humpday boys!!! We are two days away from travel and golf. Two days away from the #thpkickoffclassic! Two days away from the RTJ Trail! Two days away from some of having more than one pair of socks to pack!

We are on deck, in the whole and at the plate all at the same time. Bags are backed, everyone but Barry has checked out of work and we are two days away!!!

For the love of that is holy and sacred, these two days need to move! See you boys in......TWO DAYS!!

Great post cookie, my first time ever playing Pinehurst (only played modified Pinehust), definitely a interesting format.

And will be interesting to see how handicaps are used

4 Ball - 100% handicap
Shamble - 70% handicap
Alternate Shot - 50% handicap
Pinehurst - 50% handicap

Now remember that this is a team handicap and not player and each team will receive pops on a hole (strokes) where it is necessary. I will be filling out the scorecards on Friday (441 needs to grab those for me) to be ready for Saturday's action and each match will get their scorecard before tee off on Saturday when we go over the rules.

Great post cookie, my first time ever playing Pinehurst (only played modified Pinehust), definitely a interesting format.

I *think* I may have only played modified as well. Will definitely be interesting.

4 Ball - 100% handicap
Shamble - 70% handicap
Alternate Shot - 50% handicap
Pinehurst - 50% handicap

Now remember that this is a team handicap and not player and each team will receive pops on a hole (strokes) where it is necessary. I will be filling out the scorecards on Friday (441 needs to grab those for me) to be ready for Saturday's action and each match will get their scorecard before tee off on Saturday when we go over the rules.

no problem on the scorecards

Also assuming the strokes are based on the "low" in the group?

had to edit the 2nd part since only 1 score is recorded per hole for the team

Modified Pinehurst will definitely be interesting. Looking forward to it though.

2 days!!!

Modified Pinehurst will definitely be interesting. Looking forward to it though.

2 days!!!

skimmer, we arent playing modified lol

Getting ready to leave for my final work road trip prior to leaving for this. Will be back just in time to meet Jed tomorrow evening then we will start making our way towards AL for the Friday practice round. Can't wait for this event and to see everybody!

skimmer, we arent playing modified lol

Was a late night and early morning. I read your post as saw modified and my mind drew that relationship even though I knew we were playing Pinehurst.

Just caught up from last nights posts and man am I excited! Glad to read that Mike can hit the ball without pain, it will be great to see you again. Talk of Kent Wool goodness, 4 ball, alternate shot, Pinehurst and Shamble, travel, packing and tights can really start the day off right.

I am having my 2nd nerve block on my lower back this a.m. 60% relief the first time 3 weeks ago, I am hoping for at least 60% relief again so the pain would be reduced to around 15% which would be awesome. At any rate I have some pain pills that will allow me to play without pain so I am ready to tee it up either way.

Safe travels everyone, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone Friday! See you there.

Hope you feel better DD. Looking forward to following along with the live scoring. Good luck fellas.

Cookie thanks so much for posting that recap of the formats. I'll be reading that a few times before Saturday morning!

DD - hope the procedure helps!

Today is my last day in the office and I'll be leaving for Alabama in the morning. Going to be a long work day. For some reason I decided to schedule a webinar for a west coast client at 9 pm my time so won't finish with work until after 10pm. Scripting will be happening tonight and packing too. I've been so freaking busy at work I haven't had a chance to get as excited for this event as I normally do. That will change tonight when I'm packing and tomorrow afternoon when I roll into the Marriott there at the course. Safe travels everyone!

Back