Callaway "Chrome Tour" Ball?

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this picture on the PGA Tour's Twitter feed earlier this evening. Jim Furyk is out at Riviera even though he's recovering from wrist surgery. Check out the box that he's holding, I haven't seen packaging like that for a Callaway ball. Is Chrome Tour the name of the ball that Phil is playing?

CbXx4iEUYAAraYq.jpg:large

Interesting. Maybe the replacement ball for the SR3?

Phil was playing this ball this weekend I think. Although it had bad marking on it so he put the bob of black marker on it.

Says "Dual SoftFast Core" on it. I know the ChromeSoft [dot][dot] was the tour ball last year, wonder if this is the new prototype version of that? Or maybe the Chrome Speed?

Phil was playing this ball this weekend I think. Although it had bad marking on it so he put the bob of black marker on it.

Wasn't it marked with a directional alignment and because it's not allowed he drew the blob over it?

I haven't seen that packaging either...

That is a great find. Should be interesting to get the details!

Wasn't it marked with a directional alignment and because it's not allowed he drew the blob over it?

I haven't seen that packaging either...

No it was reported and verified by Harry Annett that the ball he was playing was marked incorrectly on one side and correctly marked on the other. So the opted to cross out the incorrect marking, but it had to be in a way that it wouldn't be a directional line. Which is an infraction on tour as it was reported.

No it was reported and verified by Harry Annett that the ball he was playing was marked incorrectly on one side and correctly marked on the other. So the opted to cross out the incorrect marking, but it had to be in a way that it wouldn't be a directional line. Which is an infraction on tour as it was reported.

Okay...thanks for clearing that up. I thought I heard something like that. I must've been listening with one ear at the time.

I was wondering why Phil had that long blob on his ball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hmmm interesting....

Wonder how these balls play, as the Chrome series of ball seems to just be getting better and better.

I'm interested.... Very...

From Jason Finley on Twitter:
ff8e8a8c2be647a238da09221d36fa25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Jason Finley on Twitter:
ff8e8a8c2be647a238da09221d36fa25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rakuten here I come.

Drats, March release.

Seems similar to the dot dot tho.

Apologies for reviving a 3-year old thread, but anybody genuinely interested in trying the Japan market Chrome Tour can get them on the cheap from Mastergrip. They're available in Truvis or standard white. The Truvis selections are random, and mine came in bulk packaging, but for just 22 bucks a dozen I can live with it. They also have the Legacy Black in Optic Yellow for $22/doz, or the previous gen Chrome Soft for $24-25/doz.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back