Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Yes I like that...and bring it to the Ohio gathering in October :)

I think I can do that. I wish the old adapter would work in the new BB heads.

Has anyone compared the B. Asha 4s vs the 5s?

Bumping this as I know there are still folks playing these even though they've evaporated from the market. Pretty sad as they had some great choices and were available to purchase from a lot of Ebay sellers, even Miyazaki directly.

I have been using my 4S in my Xhot 9.5 lately and it's a great fit for days when my swing is a bit more relaxed and it's so easy to hit nice draws with it. The shaft wasn't the best fit for my Xhot 11.5 though and it launched way too high. I would have liked to try out a 5s.
Kaili 60 S works great in my Xhot 11.5 but is sometimes a bit too much for the 9.5 and it's on those days the B.Asha 4s is perfect.

Last edited:
I play the 7x in my r9 3w and love it .

Such a great shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been absent for the last few years... what exactly happened to Miyazaki? I was showing my c.kua to my friend at the range the other day and started wondering why they didn't become more prevalent.

Bumping this as I know there are still folks playing these even though they've evaporated from the market. Pretty sad as they had some great choices and were available to purchase from a lot of Ebay sellers, even Miyazaki directly.

I have been using my 4S in my Xhot 9.5 lately and it's a great fit for days when my swing is a bit more relaxed and it's so easy to hit nice draws with it. The shaft wasn't the best fit for my Xhot 11.5 though and it launched way too high. I would have liked to try out a 5s.
Kaili 60 S works great in my Xhot 11.5 but is sometimes a bit too much for the 9.5 and it's on those days the B.Asha 4s is perfect.

Miyazaki is and was owned by SRI. The parent company behind Srixon. They still are and still made for that market. They are just not a N. American company and will continue to be in some Srixon clubs. See the preview thread for the new 355 driver.

Miyazaki is and was owned by SRI. The parent company behind Srixon. They still are and still made for that market. They are just not a N. American company and will continue to be in some Srixon clubs. See the preview thread for the new 355 driver.

I get that Sumitomo (SRI) owns all those companies but it still would have made some sort of sense to still have the Miyazaki options open for the Cleveland lines as well as still sell shafts out of whatever SoCal office they were shipping out of.

Between B.Asha and the Kasula lines, I can't think offhand of another driver shaft that had so many options available.......although obviously the competition has mostly caught up. Miyazaki also really hit a home run with the flex codes.

Basically, on the new Srixon driver you have the choice of one Miyazaki shaft (R,S,X) and that looks like it even if you wanted to pay them extra to build you a driver/wood with one of their other shafts. Boring.

I know Srixon has come a long long long way from when they first started with balls here in the U.S.A , but it still seems like a goofy off-brand name to me (I'm old). Was the Cleveland name that toxic that they have to turn them into a wedge/superduperduper SGI club company or was it their plan all along to "gently" bring Srixon here to take over instead?

Just purchased a 5R to try in my Grenade. Can't wait!

Just purchased a 5R to try in my Grenade. Can't wait!

Why would you change shafts? You said the Grenade was bombing it and you loved the ball flight.

Why would you change shafts? You said the Grenade was bombing it and you loved the ball flight.

the eternal club ho question

Because I might love it better! But the truth is I am forever tinkering. And now having the skills to reshaft, that's a dangerous combo... If I don't like it, I can always change it back!

the eternal club ho question

I guess. Based on the review it was darn near perfect, so I would assume as a golfer, one would want to go with that.
But everybody's different...Or the honeymoon period ended and it ended up being a dog...:alien:

Because I might love it better! But the truth is I am forever tinkering. And now having the skills to reshaft, that's a dangerous combo... If I don't like it, I can always change it back!
Hahaha, dude having the ability to reshaft yourself is DEFINITELY like opening Pandoras box.

Do these play true to flex, or should I tip before I install?

Anyone try this shaft in a fairway wood? If so, how did you tip? Thanks!

Anyone try this shaft in a fairway wood? If so, how did you tip? Thanks!
They play true to flex imo, and they're damn good shafts.

Standard tipping, 1".

Awesome. Thanks!

ive had the 5R in my Bombtech and Emillid. Alas I want to try a new driver shaft so this is gong in my 3 wood. One inch tip for a 3 wood?

They play true to flex imo, and they're damn good shafts.

Standard tipping, 1".

Back