KVEST Motor Learning

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Got an email from my previous instructor, which I stopped going to because of cost and location. But I may go back to give this a go. Anyone have any experience using the KVEST?

K-VEST TRAINING
Your golf swing will improve quicker by using K-VEST Trainer. This 3-sensor biofeedback system provides you with real-time auditory, visual, and kinesthetic feedback. It will help eliminate swing faults, improve ball flight, and lower your scores in significantly less time. K-Trainer has golf specific exercises to train your full-swing and short-game. It can also lead you through your own golf-specific exercise program. This revolutionary software benefits you by building customized drills and creating automated programs that reinforce proper swing mechanics.

If you are not practicing properly you are not improving. Do you know for sure if you are doing your practice drills properly? With the k-trainer, you are assured of doing the practice drills correctly, without any doubt. You will quickly learn the brain-body connection through proper repetition of your instruction program. Train properly with visual and auditory biofeedback which will improve every aspect of your golf swing. This includes aim, set-up, backswing, top and impact positions. Part of the goal is to make your swing as efficient as possible. This means getting as much out of your swing with the least amount of effort. The efficiency movement has caught on at competitive golf’s highest levels. Tour pros such as Yani Tseng and Jason Dufner, the 2013 PGA Champion, are using this technology.

You Learn Quicker With K-Trainer

k-trainer
https://youtu.be/DNCsemMKric

I think we used something similar to this at GolfTec. They would strap me in and it would show my shoulder turn, hip turn and whether or not I was open or closed. I don't think it was as in-depth as this, but one of my lessons was turning my lower body until I reached a certain number, then I would hear a beep, then I would fire the lower body first. It really helped me drop the club down from the inside and learn a consistent draw.

I could see this helping a lot of folks.

The system at GolfTec was the belt with a sensor in the middle of your back if I remember correctly. But my issue with GolfTec wasn't the technology as much as it was use of it. But that's for a different thread really.

First, never heard of it. Never tried anything like this. It sounds very interesting. Don't know if you can answer this but does it make everyone try to get into the same positions?

First, never heard of it. Never tried anything like this. It sounds very interesting. Don't know if you can answer this but does it make everyone try to get into the same positions?

No clue really. I hope not though, cause that's where others have failed. If it's used to optimize what you can do and bring to the table then I see this as a good thing. Used as a tool and not as a end all be all then it may have merit.

The place I do my sim league has a pro that offers it. I've never tried it. But will be interested to see what you get out of it if you end up going through with it. It's certainly interesting.

No clue really. I hope not though, cause that's where others have failed. If it's used to optimize what you can do and bring to the table then I see this as a good thing. Used as a tool and not as a end all be all then it may have merit.

Agreed! There are many successful ways of swinging a club and hitting a ball as long as you end up square at impact.

Looks similar to what golftec uses. I did a free swing analysis a few years ago at Tigers tournament with this setup and the feedback from the instructor was about being in certain positions and comparing what certain angle yin my swing were compared to where pros are.

i hope this wouldn't be used to teach everyone the same swing positions. I would say reach out to Jim and see how he plans to utilize this in his teaching.

Up until last week, I would have had to say I had never heard of it or tried it, but the pro I had a lesson with uses it

There are effectively 3 parts to the system which, once calibrated, track the movement of each part of your body

1. Shoulder harness for your upper body
2. Waist belt for your hips
3. Glove sensor for your hands

The only issue that I found was the glove sensor came loose a few times during the session but that could be down to the velcro on my glove not being strong enough anymore to handle the slight weight/air resistance caused by the sensor during the swing. There is a strap that fits to your wrist to prevent it flying off down the range though so you only end up with the velcro opening on your glove and the sensor dangling by the strap if it does happen

For me, it certainly helped in the lesson to identify certain things that weren't quite right in my swing - for example, it showed that my hip turn on my backswing was too much, so by using this I was able to quiet my hip movement

It also showed that I was starting my downswing with my upper body rather than with my hips

There are various drills and positional indicators that are included with the software (as already mentioned, you get to the correct point in your swing and it beeps at you to let you know you have hit that position) but I couldn't say if they are all geared towards one specific swing or if they can help with any type of swing - I will ask this question when I am next back seeing the pro for a lesson next month

I did find it useful to see certain things on screen and how my swing works using this, so as long as the pro can explain the results effectively enough then I would say to give it a try

I just did a kvest session with my coach and PT/TPI instructor. It was one of the best things I have done for my golf game. The kvest highlighted 2 big items. First one being bad posture at setup, I was to bent over. Which limited my turn. Second my takeaway and downswing were out of sequence. Specifically my downswing. Once we fixed the posture and sequence issue. I picked up 10 mph clubhead speed with my 7 iron. In addition I was able to finish on my right side (left side for a righty). Something I have always struggled with.

One nice thing thing with the kvest was it provided audio feedback. When my posture numbers were plugged in to the system. It would play music when I got into proper posture. Thus providing immediate feedback - good posture music, bad posture no music. When I heard music. I knew my posture was good and could concentrate on what that position felt like.

Based on the feedback from KVEST. It showed my coach and I we were on the right track. It also allowed him to provide me with drills to work on sequencing and posture when I am at the range. It also gives us concrete data to refer back to if something seems off.

^^^
Wow, 10 mph with simply setting up better is incredible!

I've often wondered this:
when you gain that much swing speed, is it hard to adapt to, or does it still feel as smooth/easy as you're regular swing?
(i.e. Does it feel similar to swinging harder?).

I have not used this for golf or any matter but have studied the effects it has on your motor learning and increased biomechanics. At the health and physical education conference I just attended they had a seminar on teaching better mechanics of motor learning. It was a really good break down through kinesiology and they used what looks like a very similar 3D model. The goal was to better watch and analyze your body through all planes of motion and see where an athlete is losing performance. From the presentation they showed using professional and Olympic athletes the technology seemed work greatly. I think using the vest would be a great tool and would encourage all who have access to it to try it. I know I would.

Back