NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

I wish, be one of his coworkers and another one of their customers.

I am stoked, going to be playing some great courses in the next month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome. Truthfully I just want to hear what you think of Poppy in comparison to Spyglass. Have fun in Bandon this week.

Just throwing it out there, but would anyone have any interest in year doing Pebble when the NCGA runs their special in Dec/Jan. I have always wanted to play but not as a single. Plus gives you some time to save up if needed. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Just throwing it out there, but would anyone have any interest in year doing Pebble when the NCGA runs their special in Dec/Jan. I have always wanted to play but not as a single. Plus gives you some time to save up if needed. Just thought I would throw it out there.

I would be interested, what was the rate this year? Sub $400? I have always wanted to play there, but man that is a lot of cheddar.

I would need to shave off about 15 strokes to feel good about playing there.

NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

I believe it's around $325 or so and assuming there's a group I would be interested.

Last edited:
Yeah I know it's pricey. Pretty much only way I would do it with a discount and not having to stay at the lodge. However, I know it's something I have always wanted to do and I would rather do it while I still fill young enough.

I would need to shave off about 15 strokes to feel good about playing there.

I don't think I would care about how well I was playing just do to the fact it wouldn't be an easy place to place for anyone your first time. A lot of distractions. Just have to have the mind set that you are there to enjoy yourself.

My brother and I are driving down from NorCal Friday the 18th and will be stopping at PoppyRidge to play a warmup 18. If anybody else is interested let me know and I'll add ya.

It may be a bit early for this, but any suggestions on group setups? I'm open to playing with anyone, but we should get that nailed down before the golf weekend arrives!

It may be a bit early for this, but any suggestions on group setups? I'm open to playing with anyone, but we should get that nailed down before the golf weekend arrives!

my brother and I would like to play together, other then that we are open to playing with anybody who wants to have fun!

Maybe be we can get a few games going either between teams or within our groups? We are looking forward to meeting with everybody and having a beer or two!

ken (Pliny)

Wake up NorCal players, I can't wait to hit with ya! How's everybody doing?

Wake up NorCal players, I can't wait to hit with ya! How's everybody doing?

Whazzzzuuuupppp! Working on getting my game in shape so I'm not looking like a complete clown in a month. This weather has been GREAT!

Wellllllll, I sure hope my game improves in the next month. I'm shooting around 100 now. Ouch!

Josh - here's my current thinking. This is turning into a family weekend for us. Can my stepson,Josh, join us at Poppy on Sunday? That would be cool!

Then I might need to drop the Saturday round because there are talks about the aquarium on that day. Still need to kick it around with the family but there could be six of us heading for some fun in Monterey, two golfers included.

Whazzzzuuuupppp! Working on getting my game in shape so I'm not looking like a complete clown in a month. This weather has been GREAT!

Lol someone is alive!

with all the short game practice U are doing, I need u on our team!

Lol someone is alive!

with all the short game practice U are doing, I need u on our team!

After the debacle that was San Juan Oaks I had to get back out there to put in some work!

I think it was already mentioned, but we should come up with something to makes these rounds more even more fun. Any suggestions?

Wellllllll, I sure hope my game improves in the next month. I'm shooting around 100 now. Ouch!

Josh - here's my current thinking. This is turning into a family weekend for us. Can my stepson,Josh, join us at Poppy on Sunday? That would be cool!

Then I might need to drop the Saturday round because there are talks about the aquarium on that day. Still need to kick it around with the family but there could be six of us heading for some fun in Monterey, two golfers included.

I'll add him to the list! Nothing wrong with another Josh playing :D

I updated the first post and put who's playing under each course. We're currently at 11 for Poppy and I made the tee time for 12, but I noticed there are still a few on the fence. I know there are still a few weeks before this goes down, but after a certain point I won't be able to make any changes to the reservation. I definitely don't want anyone to get left out so for those who are still 'maybes' please try to let me know what your plans are in the next couple weeks. Thanks!

Hicksta I will not be able to make it to this one. Also, congrats on making it into The Gauntlet!

Hicksta I will not be able to make it to this one. Also, congrats on making it into The Gauntlet!

No worries and thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to it :D

I've got a buddy that would like to join us on Sunday. Not 100% but should get that soon.

I've got a buddy that would like to join us on Sunday. Not 100% but should get that soon.

Great! That would put as at 12 for Poppy so we'd be full for that day.

T-26! Getting closer!

I changed my hotel to a single at the Hampton. Hilton Garden still has availability but Hampton is in a similar area, will reopen (or open) March 1st and is quite a bit cheaper.

Not sure who all needs a hotel room, but I would book soon since Saturday night will go quickly.

You guys are going to have a blast.
Is there a format or competition?
Or just free play golf (which is awesome too).

You guys are going to have a blast.
Is there a format or competition?
Or just free play golf (which is awesome too).

Still undecided at this point. We've tossed around the idea of adding some spice to the rounds and I suspect we'll get it worked out a couple weeks beforehand. One thing is for sure...we're going to have a great time!

Back