Do You Throw, Toss or Slam Your Clubs?

Never even considered it.

I never have ... I just can't take the game that serious ...

Admittedly I did throw my driver one time as a test ... I just wanted to verify I could actually throw it farther than I could hit it ...

I have also found from watching those that do, that no matter how very they throw the club, or how hard they slam the it in the ground, the ball they just hit never moves ... its still right where they hit it ...

No i dont. I dont really like seeing guys throw their clubs either. I pay to much money to throw them around and it wasnt the clubs fault it was mine so i normally give myself a telling off.

I have tomahawked a wedge or two in my time. Not so much anymore, I catch myself now and just relax.
Lately the putter throw has come to mind, but that is too expensive to be abusing.

Nope. Never, no matter how badly I played. Though I can no longer count how many times I've called myself an idiot.

I've seen a guy who slams his club into the ground, and I can't imagine how he can do that and make it look cute or funny or entertaining. I don't play with him anymore.

No. I have come to realize that my game will never be as good as I want...but those 1-2 shots a round that are perfect keep me coming back.

Yep I have done and snapped a 4 hybrid in half. Wasn't one of my greatest moments. Now I just catch myself and stare at the club before handing it back to the caddy or putting it back in the bag. I like my bag set up now and do not want to spend anymore money on clubs.

No it's a game and it's fun. Yes I sometimes screw up but I am able to control myself. Just like in snowboarding, surfing, I have not thrown my boards yet either.

My BIL is a club slammer/thrower. He shot over the green twice from trap to trap and then slammed his putter in the green which then stuck in the ground. Real classy guy which I do not play with anymore.

If you can't control yourself you need a new hobby.

Nope, never. If I hit a bad shot, it's not the clubs fault.

Younger out of college did it all the time. Have gotten older and wiser and not so much. Every now and then it still gets the best of me and I will slam the club down in disgust but stopped throwing them. It makes me look like an jackass and is expensive to replace.

When I was younger. Not anymore.

I don't throw, but I've slammed a driver down after a bad drive or two. Did it on 18 at Cog Hill after blowing a drive right and embarrassed myself. I'm normally pretty level headed, but it will get the best of me every once in awhile.

I used to have quite a temper, and I am not proud to admit it, but I have thrown a club a snapped a wedge... a few years ago I played with someone that was even worst than me, and it made me realise how bad it was... I will still swear (in a few different languages) sometimes when I get in a rot, but I try to stay more composed.

I don't think I've ever thrown a club. Ive done a club drop after poor shots though. I do toss them to the side of the green if I used a wedge more out of convenience than anything else.

Never, if you are throwing golf clubs you have way bigger issues then your golf game and I'd suggest some professional help.

I threw clubs as a teenager, then my dad saw it once and threatened to break everyone of my clubs if I did it again saying obviously i didn't care about them. Never threw another one.

I've been known to give my wedges a little toss but only when no one is any where near and it's usually only a few feet.

doesn't excuse the behavior though.

Last edited:
I threw clubs as a teenager, then my dad saw it once and threatened to break everyone of my clubs if I did it again saying obviously i didn't care about them. Never threw another one.

This is my exact experience.

I lose a lot of respect for a golfer when I see any of these anger releases on the course now. It completely goes against the purpose of playing our game.

I admit, I've done it, and I've paid the price for doing so. I am much more controlled than I used to be (thanks to a stronger mental game), but I do still do what I call the "Tiger Toss." That is where as the club is completing the follow through, I let go, and the club typically travels a few feet in the air and land harmlessly on the ground not more than a step or two from me. I don't know why I do that, sometimes it just feels easier to do that than to try and hold onto the club, usually because my spine is in a strange position because I put a poor swing on the ball.

~Rock

I have never done this and I am not sure I would play a second round with someone who did if I am honest

Golf is not my source of income and I will never be good enough to earn a living from it, so if I hit a bad shot then I live with it and get on with the next one

I may well call myself names if I hit a bad shot, but it is always going to be me and not the club that is at fault

I am a devotee of the post follow through drop haha. I won't do any helicopter throws or anything like that though. I've done it in my younger days though...not too cool.

I don't throw my clubs. If I make a very poor shot I may take some hard swings afterwards, but I'm not trying to dig a hole or anything (I probably already did, my miss is usually a fat shot). I will cuss at myself occasionally as well.

Have to edit to add that last time out I did drive the tee in the ground with the sole of my driver after hitting OOB on my drive.

I toss my clubs all the time, not cause I'm upset, but just cause I want to have the clubs close to my bag so I don't forget them. So I'll toss them 5-10 yards towards the cart.

Throwing and slamming clubs is something I try not to do, but it happens sometimes. Definitely not something I'm proud of, nor do I condone it, but it unfortunately happens, especially when I'm just having one of those rounds where nothing is going right.

I toss my clubs all the time, not cause I'm upset, but just cause I want to have the clubs close to my bag so I don't forget them. So I'll toss them 5-10 yards towards the cart.

Throwing and slamming clubs is something I try not to do, but it happens sometimes. Definitely not something I'm proud of, nor do I condone it, but it unfortunately happens, especially when I'm just having one of those rounds where nothing is going right.

I will lightly toss my wedge(s) once I reach the green, just to put them in line with the hole and the cart so I don't forget them (Note: The lime green grips on them make them very hard to miss by the way). But, when I do I make sure they are clear of the green and the fringe. I consider this to be more of a way to expedite play. But, typically I walk over and lay the head of the club on the ground and let go of the shaft.

I do not toss or throw my clubs.

I have been known to slam my driver head down in frustration after a bad shot, but it's rare and would probably not even qualify as a slam by most people.

Back