Club Throwing vs Cursing.. On Tour.

Club throwing is like watching a kid throw a tantrum. No need for an adult let alone a professional to do it. I couldn't care less about the swearing.

I don't mind occasionall swearing. I have never understood the full on hurling of clubs.

The most anyone would ever see out of me is a little smack of the club on the ground. Nothing demonstrative in terms of actions. I would much rather mentally beat myself up rather than have people see me outwardly upset.

Growing up, it always made my dad chuckle when the camera caught someone cursing, so it doesn't bother me at all.
I don't really care about slamming clubs in the ground or snapping a shaft over a knee either.

The club throwing bothers me because its more dangerous for everyone in the vicinity... and for kids to be emulating.

Neither is good, but club throwing is for babies........

Club throwing is definitely the worse of the 2 evils IMO. Almost everybody let's a curse word slip on the course from time to time. Throwing the club takes more of an intentional effort than a bad word slipping out in the heat of competition.

I'm not bothered by either but from a perception standpoint club throwing would be the worse of the two.

The cursing doesn't bother me, but I don't like to see them throwing clubs. It just doesn't look right for professionals to act that way.

Neither bothers me just shows they are human and prone to errors. What does bother me for some reason is spitting and it being caught on camera, not sure why that is a pet hate of mine.

Throwing a club is worse. I doubt many here go to work and throw a stapler or hole punch around.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I actually laugh when I see or hear a pro do these things. It goes to show that they can screw up badly just like the rest of us.

Throwing a club. I really couldn't care less about them cursing. Really not a fan of them berating a caddie.

For me, it's both. I know their under a lot of pressure to succeed but they supposed to be professionals. They are human though so I will qualify it down to , it really bugs me when the older ones do either.

THe club throwing gets to me more than the swearing

I've cussed my computer many times, but have yet to throw, toss, or slam it.

Not a fan of the swearing but understand it to a certain extent. I think the club throwing is far worse.

I think from playing hockey where cursing is just a natural second language all of us have. I don't mind cursing and do my fair bit.. But club tossing I don't understand, I've let my club drop on a bad shot in the backswing, and maybe did a little flip of the club when mad and caught it, but I've never been mad enough to just throw my club.

Has Sergio calmed down? I remember he was pretty notorious for his outbursts. Not too often you see a guy chuck his shoe.

I'd rather see them curse than toss clubs. The cursing doesn't bother me at all if it's under their breath and directed at themselves. Tiger comes to mind first for me.

do not like club throwing, cursing is less offensive to me, however I like humor mixed in with frustration...an example....I umpire high school baseball, my partner missed a call at 2nd base and called a runner out....shortstopped missed the tag.....coach yells from the coaches box..."hey blue, that call was significantly below average"....had to leave my mask on so people would not see me laughing

I do not care if they do either one. They are human and anger gets the best of everyone at some point.

I actually think it is pretty comical to see a professional throw his club. Rory slinging it into the water comes to mind, I was not offended at all, I thought it was hilarious.

To me, both are unacceptable and should be fined for doing so.

I don't give a sh** about cursing here and there as long as they're not pulling a Happy Gilmore and filling the air.

The throwing and snapping of clubs is not cool though and fines would be deserved (note - throwing means a legit helicopter, not something like the follow through drop).

To me it doesn't matter if its pros or amateurs, I don't like the "club throwers", it's unacceptable behavior in my opinion. I just don't like to play with them. I'm less concerned about cursing, it's an immediate human reaction, I've been known to utter a few choice words myself. I do have one significant exception-a gentleman never uses the "f-word" in mixed company. Unfortunately, the pros are always playing in mixed company so to speak.

Back