Buying new hybrids, Callaway XR OS vs Ping G

Va Hunter

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently play last years XR's, very nice club but I would like to have a higher ball flight. The new Callaway xr os and the ping g have gotten my interest, looking for some feedback on anyone hitting these.

Thanks

I have 19, 22 & 25 2015 XR hybrid, rh, r-flex, looking to cut loose.

Bought the G this week after demo'ing for the heck of it - huge improvement over the g30 - very user friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the M2? I picked one up today, much higher launching for me than the old XR that I've got now. I struggle getting the ball higher so they were perfect for me

I would suggest hitting the Callaway Apex as well if you haven't already. One of the best hybrids I've ever swung. These things bomb.

For me, the XR OS hybrids may fly higher, but I can't say that height is what you notice. I noticed more forgiveness and more distance.

Got a chance to hit both XR and Apex yesterday. I will be buying an Apex. Better sound and feel than the XR. Confidence inspiring for me.

Give a try on the new Crossover. I demoed the #4 mit a regular and a stiff shaft. The regular shaft was really high launching for me...

Back